Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
November 1, 2018
Boy, 4, from Chicago found dead in Missouri; caretaker charged with neglect

[KG] told WLS-TV in Chicago that he “trusted” 26-year-old Quatavia Givens to look after his son, Darnell Gray, at his home in Jefferson City, and that he “wasn’t expecting her to do this.”

[...]

“That’s my only child that I had, my only child,” said [KG], who described his son as smiley and “goofy.” ”He loved to run around with me. He loved to play basketball.”

[KG] told the TV station he moved from Chicago to Missouri a few years ago because he “wanted a better life,” and brought his son to Missouri six months ago. [KG] said he’s no longer with Darnell’s mother, who still lives in Chicago.

Police have declined to identify Darnell’s parents or specify the relationship between Givens and Darnell’s father. A police spokesman didn’t immediately respond to phone and email messages early Thursday.

(*Dad's name replaced with initials by me)

Moms on patrol.
images
Lol, too funny, I love it!

November 1, 2018
Boy, 4, from Chicago found dead in Missouri

Darnell Gray would have turned five on Tuesday, said [KG], the boy's father.

[...]

"That's my only child that I had, my only child," said [KG], a 2010 graduate of Urban Prep Academy.

His Urban Prep classmate [TM] also lives in Missouri and said he helped with search efforts when the boy went missing.

"We were out there day and night, and trying to put in our own effort, just trying to get the right closure," [TM] said.

Both Darnell's parents were in Missouri Wednesday.

(*Names replaced with initials by me)

What a despicable woman. I suspected something was not right when I first read about the case a few days ago and there were posters commenting about it being unlikely a child that age would pack a backpack with two juice boxes. She obviously did not have a grasp on child development. Who was this women that the parents entrusted in the care of their child? Was she a relative? A friend?

What a despicable woman. I suspected something was not right when I first read about the case a few days ago and there were posters commenting about it being unlikely a child that age would pack a backpack with two juice boxes. She obviously did not have a grasp on child development. Who was this women that the parents entrusted in the care of their child? Was she a relative? A friend?
This MSM article stated she was the ex-girlfriend of the child's father. After 4-Year-Old Mo. Boy Is Found Dead, Dad's Ex-Girlfriend — Who Reported Him Missing — Is Charged

How long has she been in Darnell's life? There's a picture on her FB on a little girl in a green playsuit from 2 years ago and the comments mention Darnell. They're kind of odd comments too.

I was just coming to ask about this..I’m concerned about other babies who have been under her “care”? Does she have children of her own or other stepchildren she has “cared” for? This is troubling...who is the little baby girl in pink?

Last edited:
Thank you. Very scary. I thought I read that an exboyfriend had a past restraining order against her. If this is true, it would appear she may have a history of aggressive behavior. That poor child. It's just sickening that anyone could do this. It's obvious that she did much more than just hit him.

I was just coming to ask about this..I’m concerned about other babies who have been under her care? Does she have children of her own or other stepchildren she has “cared” for? This is troubling...who is the little baby girl in pink?

Yes, it's very troubling. I'm not sure who the baby in pink would be, as I haven't seen anything reported in MSM concerning any other children. We have an article that points out no other children lived in the home.

From this article, bbm:
Police have not specified the relationship between Givens and Darnell’s family. No other children lived at the apartment.
Caregiver arrested in death of boy, 4, she reported missing

However, Gardener1850 pointed out earlier in the thread that a child can be heard in the background as one of the women arrested in the home earlier was being taken away in handcuffs (video at link below posted by liltexans, rsbm for focus). Not sure who the woman or child are, but interesting to note nonetheless. Jmo
Emma Claybrook on Twitter

Emma Claybrook‏ @EmmaClaybrook 3h3 hours ago
BREAKING: Police on the scene at the house Darnell Gray was reported missing from earlier this morning. They are leading one woman away in handcuffs. @KOMUnews

As the lady was being lead away in handcuffs I heard a child yelling and saying "help" and she yelled a name. I think her kids were taken by Child Protective Services as she was arrested. LE says these events are "unrelated" and they probably technically are. The lady being taken away in handcuffs may have nothing to do with little Darnell being missing, but the fact that they found something bad enough to arrest 2 people and possibly remove other kids from the home is relevant IMO. This is not good. :(

November 1, 2018
Boy, 4, from Chicago found dead in Missouri; caretaker charged with neglect

[KG] told WLS-TV in Chicago that he “trusted” 26-year-old Quatavia Givens to look after his son, Darnell Gray, at his home in Jefferson City, and that he “wasn’t expecting her to do this.”

[...]

“That’s my only child that I had, my only child,” said [KG], who described his son as smiley and “goofy.” ”He loved to run around with me. He loved to play basketball.”

[KG] told the TV station he moved from Chicago to Missouri a few years ago because he “wanted a better life,” and brought his son to Missouri six months ago. [KG] said he’s no longer with Darnell’s mother, who still lives in Chicago.

Police have declined to identify Darnell’s parents or specify the relationship between Givens and Darnell’s father. A police spokesman didn’t immediately respond to phone and email messages early Thursday.

(*Dad's name replaced with initials by me)

just logging in today.. SHE STABBED HIM? OMG wth....

So he brought him to MO for a better life. Away from his mother and his grandparents, other extended family that could have watched little Darnell?
What was the big draw to Jefferson City? A new job for the dad? Did he meet the girlfriend online and move to here to be with her?
What made it so much better?

it may be just because Chicago is high crime. He is a black boy. I grew up in a rural CA town that was full of crime and gang violence, there was NOTHING to do there. I took my Latino boys and moved away as well.

“Darnell’s father told local station ACB7 he had asked Givens to watch his son while he visited his sick mother in Chicago, where Darnell was originally from.
“I trusted her to watch him. But I wasn’t expecting her to do this to him,” Kijuanis Gray told the station.”

After 4-Year-Old Mo. Boy Is Found Dead, Dad's Ex-Girlfriend — Who Reported Him Missing — Is Charged

I am wondering how much of this could be rage from Quatavia toward the Father of the child. She has been reported as Caregiver, Step Mother, ex girlfriend and girlfriend. Which is it currently? This woman seems to have been all these things at some point both to Darnell and the Father. Not knowing how long this situation has gone on but at this point I believe Quatavia has ended up feeling really used to be all these things to this man and his son only to have him go back to Chicago (supposedly to see his Mom) but all in all where his ex lives to maybe reconnect. But the audacity to leave his Son for her to take care of him could have outraged her...and she took it all out on poor Darnell. Looks to me like the abuse to Darnell began about the time the Father (and I use that term loosely) went back to where the ex lives.

Revenge and spite go a long way. A Woman Scorned and all that!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member