GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So do the words "a short note saying she needed her space" change everything?

So do the words "a short note saying she needed her space" change everything?

I think it's more the 'friend' that changes things. And just the fact that her and her boyfriend may have been having issues points to the 'friend' likely being a male IMO. I'm not sure if this 'friend' was with her the whole time and was actually sitting in the car when she made her visits. If so, why sit in the car? Is the friend really from IL? Perhaps the friend made the drive with her?

I have thought all along it is strange Ebony would take an infant in the car on a 8 hour road trip. Most babies are not going to want to be in the car that long.

If I am looking at the correct person, the baby's father appears to be white. The baby does not appear to be of mixed race. I wonder if he was the true father or just acting as the father. Has the DNA come back to allow the father to take custody.

Since we do not know where Ebony spend the last two nights before the baby was found, I think there is a strong possibility that she spend it with the mystery friend.

I wonder if the mystery friend did not want the baby to be a part of his life.

All along I have felt it was Ebony who left the baby. What I don't know is if she did so voluntarily or if she was under duress.

I agree. Honestly, I'm just glad they're reporting the story at all. It seems to have been picked up, pretty widespread at this point. I saw an article yesterday in the Chicago Tribune, and yesterday another poster said it was being reported in Colorado as well. I'll forgive a few incorrect details if the trade off means Ebony's case gets exposure. Too often these women vanish off the face of the earth and we only hear of it months later- or never.

You and wtfgodot are right. The important thing is that they are covering the case (which I think is only happening because of the abandoned baby lead in, sadly) but it is frustrating when you can't be certain of even the most basic facts from one report to the next.

I have thought all along it is strange Ebony would take an infant in the car on a 8 hour road trip. Most babies are not going to want to be in the car that long.

If I am looking at the correct person, the baby's father appears to be white. The baby does not appear to be of mixed race. I wonder if he was the true father or just acting as the father. Has the DNA come back to allow the father to take custody.

Since we do not know where Ebony spend the last two nights before the baby was found, I think there is a strong possibility that she spend it with the mystery friend.

I wonder if the mystery friend did not want the baby to be a part of his life.

All along I have felt it was Ebony who left the baby. What I don't know is if she did so voluntarily or if she was under duress.

I think you could be right! To me the baby does look like he could be mixed. Ebony is very dark skinned and the baby isn't.

UPDATED 10 a.m. with comment from police, family

BRECKENRIDGE HILLS • Police are meeting with prosecutors this morning in St. Louis County to seek a court order that could help locate a car driven by a missing woman whose baby was found abandoned last week.

The order seeks to force a car dealership to activate a GPS system installed in the woman's car. Breckenridge Hills police referred all questions this morning to Det. Sgt. Jeff Heisse, who they said was seeking the court order at St. Louis Prosecuting Attorney Bob McCulloch's office this morning.
---
Originally, Heisse told Stella Jackson that she had to ask the dealership for permission to activate the device to locate the vehicle. Stella Jackson told the Post-Dispatch that the dealership said they could not do so without a court order from police.

"Why have they waited so long to do this?" she asked.
---
more at the link

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_f4d62123-62cf-5154-94a0-cd7c85da2a1e.html

The car belonging to the woman who has been missing since her baby was discovered abandoned last week has been located in St. Louis.

Police located the vehicle within the past few moments along the 4400 block of Elmbank Avenue in the city's Greater Ville neighborhood near Fairground Park.

It's unknown how police discovered the vehicle, or whether it contained any clues to the whereabouts of Ebony Jackson, 30, of Oklahoma City.

Wow, that's some news about the note...and now the car. Not sure what to think at his point. :eek:

Being a "local", I can tell you that that is not the nicest neighborhood in town.

I was just going to say that. The area considered 'North St Louis' is like a war zone when you hear of all the crimes and shootings.

I was wondering about the neighborhood. I took google guy down the street and it looks like a small one way street with some houses. There is a church with a small parking lot. I wonder if that's where the car was found? Or in someones driveway or just parked on the street?

So where does all this leave us in the theorizing department?

I'm back up :fence: sitting between foul play and intentional disappearance. I'm sure Ebony knew that the GPS was installed on the car, wouldn't you think?

I guess it depends on where the car was found. Parked on the street? Driveway? Alley? And I guess the condition of the car might matter...

What is weird to me is that none of the local news websites (Fox, KMOV, KSDK) are showing this update.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom
Back