GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now it is time to find the mystery friend she was with Thursday night.

Now it is time to find the mystery friend she was with Thursday night.

Besides accessing her cell phone records (four days too late) I think they should go through her facebook. See if she had any private messages regarding meeting up in st louis or 'give me a call when you're in town'. anything about her wanting to 'have space.' It would be great if her cell was in the car and they could go thru texts. Assuming this was involving that 'friend.'

is it possible that she was not the author of the "need to get away" note?

Wow. Again, whoever took that tag off was likely from a state where only rear tags are displayed. Unless someone randomly took a license plate after the car was ditched, it tells me that this was not someone from the immediate area and that she may have even known him/her. COD will also be an important factor in how we sleuth this one.

I don't have any experience with putting on or taking off tags. Could it be possible that the tag could have been knocked off during a struggle at the back of the car or when someone was putting her body in the trunk?

I don't have any experience with putting on or taking off tags. Could it be possible that the tag could have been knocked off during a struggle at the back of the car or when someone was putting her body in the trunk?

Possible, but not likely. They're attached fairly well.

Oh man... this is exactly what we all feared. :(

Now to find that "friend". I go back and forth- by the minute, it seems- on whether or not the friend is from the St. Louis area, or came along to St. Louis with her from Oklahoma. On the one hand, simply moving the rear plate from the car is not going to do a lot of good in Missouri, where front and rear plates are required- unlike Oklahoma. On the other hand, someone who is not local probably would not have chosen that particular spot to dump the car.

After all of this, nothing would surprise me.

Betting it's a StL area friend. Someone from OKC wouldn't know the area well enough.

Former St. Louisian here. I am heartbroken for Ebony and her family. I wish this case were pursued with more urgency, to put it lightly. I believe that this mother's last actions were to save her son, and that is so noble and tragic it moves me to tears.

Former St. Louisian here. I am heartbroken for Ebony and her family. I wish this case were pursued with more urgency, to put it lightly. I believe that this mother's last actions were to save her son, and that is so noble and tragic it moves me to tears.
Yes, car apparently sat there for days with no attempt by police to get GPS activated.

I would think they might have only removed the rear plate because it's a one way street so anyone driving down the street would only see the rear plate. I also wonder, since OK only requires a rear plate if the 'friend' traveled with her from OK.

Whomever did this didn't want that child harmed. I wonder if they put the baby where he was found after they killed Ebony or before? Maybe she begged them to let the baby go. This is so sad.

Yes, car apparently sat there for days with no attempt by police to get GPS activated.

Unfortunately the outcome would have been the same. We really don't know how long they've been working on the gps. The baby was just found Friday morning and today is Tuesday. It's too bad all cars don't have that. That's pretty fast for a missing person to be found really.

Unfortunately the outcome would have been the same. We really don't know how long they've been working on the gps. The baby was just found Friday morning and today is Tuesday. It's too bad all cars don't have that. That's pretty fast for a missing person to be found really.
True, but the matter of catching the killer might have been much easier if they'd known they were looking for one.

I would think they might have only removed the rear plate because it's a one way street so anyone driving down the street would only see the rear plate. I also wonder, since OK only requires a rear plate if the 'friend' traveled with her from OK.

Whomever did this didn't want that child harmed. I wonder if they put the baby where he was found after they killed Ebony or before? Maybe she begged them to let the baby go. This is so sad.

I'm on the fence over this too. I change my mind every other minute- was this crime committed by someone who's local to the area? Or was this crime committed by a travel companion from Oklahoma City?

This just sucks. The 2nd woman of color whose murdered body was found in the Metro East in less than a week. Countless others are missing. Many from these same neighborhoods Ebony was visiting.

So - where does the notion of "a male companion from OKC" come from, just completely unsourced from a mention on a site WS bans, or has there been anything at all in MSM about it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raja5367
Back