MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #4

I have a dumb question.

What drug or drugs are laced with fentanyl? And why exactly are they laced with such a potent substance?
Here is a story that crossed my news feed today that offers some insight. basically synthetic fentanyl is super cheap and being smuggled into the country. because it is so cheap dealers will use it to mimic or increase the potency of other popular drugs. Only it is strong, oh oh so strong, and easy to get way too much of it in the product you are trying to sell.

'Outbreak' of opioid overdoses kills 8 people in Austin, Texas

Here is a story that crossed my news feed today that offers some insight. basically synthetic fentanyl is super cheap and being smuggled into the country. because it is so cheap dealers will use it to mimic or increase the potency of other popular drugs. Only it is strong, oh oh so strong, and easy to get way too much of it in the product you are trying to sell.

'Outbreak' of opioid overdoses kills 8 people in Austin, Texas
I live in Austin but had not heard about his, but I live about 10 miles from the area where that interview was filmed and haven't been keeping up with local news.
There is a large transient population that hangs out near that area of downtown -- there is a center with support services.
However, it's just a few blocks away from bar district central, with thousands of people partying hearty on Friday and Saturday nights. Hope they can sort out the source before more people OD in the coming days.

I live in Austin but had not heard about his, but I live about 10 miles from the area where that interview was filmed and haven't been keeping up with local news.
There is a large transient population that hangs out near that area of downtown -- there is a center with support services.
However, it's just a few blocks away from bar district central, with thousands of people partying hearty on Friday and Saturday nights. Hope they can sort out the source before more people OD in the coming days.
in that recent Austin incident it appears at least 6 people have been arrested. some were selling cocaine, some marijuana, some crack, all laced w fent. scary times

I have a dumb question.

What drug or drugs are laced with fentanyl? And why exactly are they laced with such a potent substance?
The only drug I haven’t heard of being laced is acid ? It’s definitely most popular in cocaine, heroine, meth and fake oxy and Xanax pills. There’s always a potential that someone will lace weed or magic mushrooms as well. There was an incident at a music festival where someone laced mushrooms and a huge amount of people were overdosing. It’s scary out there !

The only drug I haven’t heard of being laced is acid ? It’s definitely most popular in cocaine, heroine, meth and fake oxy and Xanax pills. There’s always a potential that someone will lace weed or magic mushrooms as well. There was an incident at a music festival where someone laced mushrooms and a huge amount of people were overdosing. It’s scary out there !
I can see how powdered drugs get cut with fentanyl (more profit for the sellers) but why would anyone use it with mushrooms or weed? It seems the intent is to kill people.

Last edited:

How do they put it in a pill? *Xanax

I can see how powdered drugs get cut with fentanyl (more profit for the sellers) but why would anyone use it with mushrooms or weed? It seems the intent is to kill people.
other powder drugs aren't really cut with fentanyl, it's cross contamination. It's being weighed on the same scales as cocaine, heroin etc.

other powder drugs aren't really cut with fentanyl, it's cross contamination. It's being weighed on the same scales as cocaine, heroin etc.
Are you sure? Weed and shrooms aside, don't you think that fentanyl, being far cheaper, is used to cut more expensive powders, like heroin? Or how about in those fake prescription meds pills you said they have their own recipes for - would fentanyl be a recipe ingredient?

Honestly, it seems like it being put in nearly everything that people take to get high. It's very sinister.
This is why fentanyl is being added to drugs:

most recent cases of fentanyl-related overdose are linked to illegally made fentanyl, which is distributed through illegal drug markets for its heroin-like effect. It is often added to other drugs because of its extreme potency, which makes drugs cheaper, more powerful, more addictive, and more dangerous.

I have a dumb question.

This article has a good explanation of why the drugs in this case would have contained fentanyl:

Volkow said the main reason drug dealers are pumping more fentanyl into the U.S. is “greed.”

“You make much more money with fentanyl than you do with heroin, at least 50 times more,” she said. “The other aspect about it is that it is relatively easy to synthesize and manufacture. And because it’s so potent, which is the third thing, you can bring a small volume and in the small volume … basically you can extract multiples thousands of doses

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jezel
Back