DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another interesting portion from last night's show:

CNN TONIGHT

An American Jihadist; FBI Analyzing Audio Recording of Brown Shooting

Aired August 26, 2014 - 22:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

HOSTIN: But I think we need to address the conversation of whether or not the shooting, the use of deadly force, was appropriate. By most witnesses...

FERRER: It may have been completely inappropriate. It may be unjustified.

HOSTIN: The witnesses that I've heard from, and again, Don, maybe there are more, maybe there are others. But when you have someone that is fleeing, right, perhaps there was an assault. If you have this fleeing felon, you can't just shoot to kill, right? You have to either be -- this person has to be a threat to you or a threat to others in the community.

FERRER: That is -- that is -- OK, that is not true. That is not true.

HOSTIN: That is true.

FERRER: That is not true. No.

JOHNSON: Not if he's a felon. It just has to be...

HOSTIN: The Supreme Court has found that. That is absolutely true.

FERRER: I know -- I know the case you're referring to.

HOSTIN: We all do. Garner.

FERRER: And that is not true.

LEMON: OK.

FERRER: If it is a fleeing felon from a violent felony, if you believe the story, because we don't have the officer's story, and as I said, this may be a completely unjustified shooting.

LEMON: OK.

FERRER: But if the officer's story is he fractured the orbit of his eye, he could shoot him. HOSTIN: That is not true.

(CROSSTALK)

HOSTIN: It's in Garner.

LEMON: I let you guys because it's such an a intriguing conversation.

HOSTIN: And I don't want...

LEMON: But unfortunately -- conversation, but unfortunately, I have to end it here. Thank you, guys.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1408/26/cnnt.01.html

BBM: Regarding the witnesses: I thought I heard Judge Alex Ferrer reply to Sunny Hostin that there are a dozen witnesses who corroborate ODW's version. Did someone else heard this as well?

I heard him say 'other witnesses' corroborate OW's story. And Sonny said " Not any that I have heard yet" and Judge Alex replied that the police rarely release witness testimony during an ongoing investigation because then other side can tailor their witnesses.

I'm surprised there is such little attention given to the the detail that both the witness Paige or whatever her name is (sorry) and DJ said that MB was falling to his knees as he was raising his hands and getting shot again.

So how can he be falling to his knees and "charging" at the same time?

Someone who is about to charge is going to be standing up. How can you feel threat from someone who is slumping to his knees?

Two witnesses said that same thing and they said it right after the killing.

We are still waiting to hear what OW says, and at this point, frankly, he's had weeks to come up with a story that takes into account what the other witnesses say as well as what videos show and what the new audio tape shows. So talk about being able to tailor your story to the evidence. I'm not saying that's what will happen, I'm sayiing the other witnesses spoke up right after the murder, so they didn't have time to change their stories or tailor their stories.

Having said that, we the general public don't matter. What matters to OW is going to be just the 12 people sitting on his jury, if it gets there. So I think it's actually smart of him NOT to talk.

JMO.

There's also a guy who said he stumbled 25 feet after he was shot.

Quote from above link^ "After the officer got out of the car and was running down the street, and we know recklessly firing the gun because he hit someone's house with this shooting..." (1) Reckless endangerment

And, contrary to what Darren Wilson supporters think in reference to the significance of the pause when firing his weapon... if it is established that Michael Brown was disabled (no longer a threat) by the first round of bullets and was slumping to the ground as witness claims (top of head shot...) and yet Darren Wilson began a second phase of shooting, I'm very confident Wilson will be charged. And rightly so.

MO ~

Perhaps that shot went off when Brown was assaulting Wilson.

I think it's a non issue because Dr. Baden, who did the 2nd autopsy at the request of the Brown family said there were no signs of a struggle on MB body.
BAden also said there were no marks on MB's neck. And yet DJ said ,IIRC, that OW was holding his neck so tight he could see his veins bulging, is that right?

According to Baden, there wss only 1 fatal shot. The last one. Why would MB have been "going down" or "slumping"?
The evidence from autopsy proves this isn't what happened here.
How a witness percieved it perhaps. It sounded to me like he had flesh wounds for the most part. No ateries were hit. Moo

All posts are MOO

I remember a reporter got in some trouble for reporting that a dozen witnesses supported OW's version. That was maybe 2 weeks ago or so?

I heard him say 'other witnesses' corroborate OW's story. And Sonny said " Not any that I have heard yet" and Judge Alex replied that the police rarely release witness testimony during an ongoing investigation because then other side can tailor their witnesses.

Quote from above link^ "After the officer got out of the car and was running down the street, and we know recklessly firing the gun because he hit someone's house with this shooting..." (1) Reckless endangerment

And, contrary to what Darren Wilson supporters think in reference to the significance of the pause when firing his weapon... if it is established that Michael Brown was disabled (no longer a threat) by the first round of bullets and was slumping to the ground as witness claims (top of head shot...) and yet Darren Wilson began a second phase of shooting, I'm very confident Wilson will be charged. And rightly so.

MO ~

The shot to the top of the head is what killed him. If he was killed then during that first set of gun shots MB would have fallen and OW would have been shooting in the air since the only other shots to MB would have had to come from a standing MB. That would make no sense for OW to continue firing his weapon.

DJ said he could see the muscles in his arms, iirc

BAden also said there were no marks on MB's neck. And yet DJ said ,IIRC, that OW was holding his neck so tight he could see his veins bulging, is that right?

We discussed it numerous times back at the beginning. He has been described as tall and slim--there are photos/video of him accepting an award that has been posted in the media thread so you can see him.

You know...I went ahead and looked at the photos and must confess that I had actually pictured him to be much smaller than I think he really is. Now, it is difficult to tell from the photos and the video of OW getting the commendation, and the man presenting it to him actually appears fairly short, OW actually did appear quite tall, but who knows. But he certainly doesn't seem to be 6'4" 300 lbs. either.

So I know I am late today but curious what other people thought about the audio of the supposed bullet shots? It does fit what witnesses said and I know it was not substantiated yet but it sounds pretty good to me.

Maybe the other shot to the head caused him to start going down? The one that Dr. B said could have entered the eyebrow, down through face, and hit his collar bone.
I don't know if it just the number of shots would make someone go down, but none being lethal... imo

According to Baden, there wss only 1 fatal shot. The last one. Why would MB have been "going down" or "slumping"?
The evidence from autopsy proves this isn't what happened here.
How a witness percieved it perhaps. It sounded to me like he had flesh wounds for the most part. No ateries were hit. Moo

All posts are MOO

Thanks so much! :)

You know...I went ahead and looked at the photos and must confess that I had actually pictured him to be much smaller than I think he really is. Now, it is difficult to tell from the photos and the video of OW getting the commendation, and the man presenting it to him actually appears fairly short, OW actually did appear quite tall, but who knows. But he certainly doesn't seem to be 6'4" 300 lbs. either.

I feel like I read somewhere that he is 6'2", but I can't remember where. And he is definitely slender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow