MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it isn't established that Michael Brown was disabled and Officer Wilson began a second phase of shooting, I'm very confident Wilson WILL NOT be charged and rightly so.

I agree and that will be for the GJ to determine based on ALL the evidence presented - not simply the bits and pieces we're getting.

Could it have been from the shot that was fired in the car? Anyone know how far the house was from the SUV?
Ballistics will prove if it is one of OW bullets.
Media reports it but only shows a window and gives no location what so ever.
Gee thanks...

All posts are MOO

CNN Experts Think Audio of Brown Shooting Is a Hoax: ‘Someone’s Trying to Punk CNN’

Former LAPD officer David Klinger and CNN law enforcement analyst Tom Fuentes both told CNN’s New Day Wednesday morning that
the recording the network has been airing that allegedly captured the shots fired at Michael Brown could quite easily be a hoax.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-exper...g-to-punk-cnn/

I guess it is just semantics and certainly not trying to argue the point one way or the other. But I am just saying that they felt it could "quite easily" be a hoax, but they really didn't come across as definitive one way or the other. I was just trying to say that they didn't just completely discredit it. They actually ended up saying...well...we will see. I'm saying that I think it's probably real, and could have value, but certainly isn't necessarily the smoking gun some were initially claiming it to be.

Yep - Felony Murder

Not according to this...

"Situations in which a victim dies of a heart attack as the result of a crime are not classified as criminal homicide. A heart attack cannot, in fact, be caused at will by an offender. Even in instances where an individual is known to have a weak heart, there is no assurance that an offender can cause sufficient emotional or physical stress to guarantee that the victim will suffer a fatal heart attack."

Link: https://www.justia.com/criminal/docs/uniform-crime-reporting-handbook/criminal-homicide.html

Why isn't the media covering the killing of an unarmed white youth by a black police officer?

Meanwhile, the case of Dillon Taylor, a white 20-year-old shot and killed by a black policeman outside a 7-Eleven in Utah has received virtually no media coverage beyond local news reports. His brother, who was with him at the 7-Eleven, says Taylor was unarmed.

The negligible coverage of the Taylor case by the mainstream media prompted many conservative critics to address the racial double standard. The Washington Times reports: "Talk-show host Rush Limbaugh blamed the discrepancy between the two cases on 'the liberal world view' that portrays whites as oppressors and blacks as victims."

Kind of how it goes with reverse racial makeup.

http://theweek.com/article/index/26...unarmed-white-youth-by-a-black-police-officer

When I google Dillon's name, I find dozens of articles asking why there isn't more coverage about Dillon's fatal shooting, but those articles talk more about Michael Brown than Dillon. Why would they criticize and then do the same thing? Gah!

I would like to know more about DILLON'S case. What actually happened, was he committing a crime or threatening the officer?

Off to dig......I really hope this isn't becoming an epidemic.

Yep - Felony Murder

What surprises me is that there hasn't been any discussion of DJ being brought up on felony murder charges. I believe the robbery constituted a felony and I am pretty sure that Missouri cases have upheld the idea that even if it is a con-conspirator who is killed during the commission of that crime, the defendant can still be found guilty of felony murder.

Ok- Had MB stand in son stand on a 2 inch board with sneakers on to make measurements come out the same as the tahoe door/window height- as we have bigger tires- ( and son is taller than I thought). Yes, they are used to Mom and her WS re-enactments; they have done it for another case - or two :)

side view.jpgpunch.jpg

eta; son stand in for OW is only 5'7". You can see he is leaning a bit towards his younger brother. MMV as to son sitting's height vs OW's actual sitting height

Ok- Had MB stand in son stand on a 2 inch board with sneakers on to make measurements come out the same as a tahoe- as we have bigger tires- ( and son is taller than I thought). Yes, they are used to Mom and her WS re-enactments; they have done it for another case - or two :)

View attachment 57642View attachment 57643

Thank you so much!! :loveyou:

From the looks of that picture, Officer Wilson was in a perfect position to be punched by MB with not much effort on MB's part.

Handsome family BTW :wink: Tell them we said thank you!

Daryl Park said last night that he questions the authenicity of that recording because he doesn't hear the first initial shot that occurred in Officer Wilson's car.

I'll bet that Daryl Parks doesn't have access to any of the facts the Prosecutor's office has. He probably doesn't even know how many shots were actually fired. He has no right to that information because he has nothing to do with it. He's the family attorney who is interested in filing a wrongful death lawsuit which won't happen very soon if at all.

Micheal Brown shot at 10 times by Officer Wilson,…: http://youtu.be/VA8mRPxtQHA

Audio slowed down and shots fired can be seen when analyzing. Pretty cool.
Still doesn't tell us if it's authentic though...
I think it is.
How could Howard Stern find someone who lived in front of the scene that would agree? I guess he could but...

All posts are MOO

The shot to the top of the head is what killed him. If he was killed then during that first set of gun shots MB would have fallen and OW would have been shooting in the air since the only other shots to MB would have had to come from a standing MB. That would make no sense for OW to continue firing his weapon.

"The shot to the top of the head is what killed him" Yah, I didn't say "disabled" equated to death, simply that his injuries from the first set of shots could have dropped him to the ground. As he was dropping (body lowering...) to the ground is when Wilson possibly began the second phase of shots. And no, that wouldn't make any sense for Wilson to continue firing - it would be unjustified. Obviously the GJ is going to hear all the witness accounts, from Darren Wilson, and any/all other pertinent information so that they can determine if it warrants bringing charges. I'm going to trust them to do their job.

What surprises me is that there hasn't been any discussion of DJ being brought up on felony murder charges. I believe the robbery constituted a felony and I am pretty sure that Missouri cases have upheld the idea that even if it is a con-conspirator who is killed during the commission of that crime, the defendant can still be found guilty of felony murder.

The shooting happened shortly after the robbery. It didn't happen during the robbery.

It can be anything at all. MB landed with his hands by his side so obviously they moved from where witnesses say they were. He didn't drop with them where either of these people say his atms were or they would have landed under his body or above his head. Moo

"He's balled up, he had his arms under his stomach"*

"Bosley, Johnson's attorney, later clarifies that Brown's hands were above his shoulders."

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/08/us/ferguson-brown-timeline/

All posts are MOO

He could have had his hands up, been shot in the arm and lowered them in reaction so that when he was shot in the head he just went down hard and fast, probably gone already.

CNN Experts Think Audio of Brown Shooting Is a Hoax: ‘Someone’s Trying to Punk CNN’

Former LAPD officer David Klinger and CNN law enforcement analyst Tom Fuentes both told CNN’s New Day Wednesday morning that
the recording the network has been airing that allegedly captured the shots fired at Michael Brown could quite easily be a hoax.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-exper...g-to-punk-cnn/

What a shame, especially since a tiny little independent news organization like CNN doesn't have access to all that crazy big time stuff like fact checkers!

Micheal Brown shot at 10 times by Officer Wilson,…: http://youtu.be/VA8mRPxtQHA

Audio slowed down and shots fired can be seen when analyzing. Pretty cool.
Still doesn't tell us if it's authentic though...
I think it is.
How could Howard Stern find someone who lived in front of the scene that would agree? I guess he could but...

All posts are MOO

Bahahahahaha :floorlaugh: I've got tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard! :laughing:

I'm going to be hearing that voice in my head tonight while trying to sleep. And slow-mo was even funnier!

Hmm, well, I think if DW had been the one killed then felony murder charges would be possible for DJ (is MO even has that statute, some states don't) but if that had been the case this would have been a 24 hour wonder and we wouldn't be here discussing it.

According to their header Justia is a newsletter based on opinion summaries and not on actual laws. Would that be correct?

•A defendant kidnaps an elderly woman (violating Penal Code 207 PC, California's kidnapping law) for ransom. He does not inflict any physical harm or force on her . . . but in her fear she suffers a heart attack and dies. This defendant also may be charged with murder under the felony-murder rule.5

So it could depend on the State. But putting your hands on a person in a threatening manner is considered assault, or in this case strong-armed robbery.

http://www.shouselaw.com/felony-murder.html

Thank you so much!! :loveyou:

From the looks of that picture, Officer Wilson was in a perfect position to be punched by MB with not much effort on MB's part.

Handsome family BTW :wink: Tell them we said thank you!

The look on son2's face as son3's fist is coming is priceless. They know I am hormonal as heck right now- and it is better to humor me. :) Due to the math, son3 ends up taller than the truck but exactly where a 6'4" person would be in relation to the door window of a Tahoe. ( thanks to DH's genes, son3 is a math wiz: I owe him Subway for the calculations)

Ok- Had MB stand in son stand on a 2 inch board with sneakers on to make measurements come out the same as the tahoe door/window height- as we have bigger tires- ( and son is taller than I thought). Yes, they are used to Mom and her WS re-enactments; they have done it for another case - or two :)

View attachment 57642View attachment 57643

eta; son stand in for OW is only 5'7". You can see he is leaning a bit towards his younger brother. MMV as to son sitting's height vs OW's actual sitting height
Awesome job. Thanks to all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members