MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully Scarlett, assaulting an officer and trying to steal his loaded weapon is a far cry from 'getting fresh with an officer'!

But the "assaulting an officer and trying to steal his loaded weapon" part is just an unproven allegation as of yet, is it not?

About Anthony Shahid, how in the world did he get to that scene WITH his crew (that same group appears everywhere with him!) that soon??? Makes no sense!

I thought that when I was reading Black Canseco tweets that another tweeter said that his father was a black activist. I can't see the tweets now because the account has been made 'protected' (I guess that means private)

I look forward to hearing about where the evidence shows MB touched the gun. If it shows he touched the muzzle the argument will rage on about whether he did so because a racist or power happy abusive unjustified LEO decided to pull it unprovoked as DJ states or whether it came to be there after the officer pulled it while justified and a struggle for it then ensued. but evidence of him touching it anywhere near the grip will be a strong indicator that he was indeed attempting to disarm the officer and he first went for the gun.

Really to me what matters is how did the gun come into play and who escalated the confrontation to that point. So even if the evidence shows he only touched the muzzle, it still does not refute the idea in my mind that the gun came out because provoked and under protocol or because the officer felt threatened and a need to draw it.

For me, it is all about how did that confrontation escalate and who played what roles in that happening.

ppfffttt they didn't care about that. As I linked before, the mom was already calling for the DP and she doesn't even know the facts of the case. jmo

I know they have no clue and don't care to learn one. That is why through this whole ordeal I have been fortunate to avoid all the nonsense from the protests to the looting to the soapboxers to the donation groups to the funeral..........LOL The only place I have seen it is here, because in between the outrage people make valid points worth noting. JMO

f words and the white man... going to be trouble tonight I think
not scared of no police

Have you spotted Anthony Shahid there? There was an organized advertised protest planned at 11:00 am today- Maybe this is that same "effort". They do sound angry, they are firing each other up again. This had been pretty calm all week...

IMO this particular witness is prone to being highly suggestable and to exaggeration, which is why she sits toward the bottom of my list regarding credibility in her accounts of what she witnessed as opposed to what she believes or has now come to believe she actually witnessed. Things like the facts you both have pointed out make me doubt the other details of her statements.

I agree.

The sad part is that Piaget Crenshaw was several times on National TV were she could give her "story" over and over. And that there will be probably people who just believe her. JMO.

He was a fleeing felon. He got into a fight with a police officer. His attorney admitted that. And the gun went off. His attorney admitted that. I would say that a physical altercation with a police officer is a felony. What degree? No idea. Doesn't matter. Justified.

He was a suspect in a felony ( he was not, and never will be a convicted felon). Let's hear it for innocent until proven guilty of a crime. ????JMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-wlDI6hg18 = DJ with Al Sharpton

Just listened to the first half of DJ's fairytale again, and there are too many absurdities to mention in one post. But here's how DJ describes the "altercation" at the car:

(keeping in mind DJ claims both he and MB's hands were "filled with cigarillos" at the time)

Scene 1: MB/DJ walking down Canfield in the middle of a busy road.

"We see the officer coming. When he get to the side of us, right at the driver door, he tell us to get off the road-onto sidewalk 'in a real aggressive manner' ... At that time my friend Big Mike didn't speak at all ... I said, "Officer, we're less than a minute away from our destination ... And we continued to walk, because I was under the impression that the officer was gonna drive off.

"We hear the car stop." [DJ just said they left DW- no mention of DW driving off] We hear ... it reverse rapidly, he rushed in a way .. we had to step back outta the way, or he'd 've hit us. Now his car is 'slanted' [as shown in pics] and we're face to face at his driver door [impossible]. The officer was so close us, he tried to push his door open so aggressively [DW wasn't okay with them ignoring his order and walking off before he was done with them?] it [DW car door] didn't get a full inch out before it hit [MB] and bounced back on him [DW]. In almost an instant, his [DW] arm came out the window and grabbed my friend around the neck.

DJ: "He wasn't ready for the speed he opened his door [an inch?], so it wasn't like we braced ourselves. It really bounced back on the officer. ... [MB] is angry. He have a frowny face, but is not an aggressive person. .... Officer trying to pull [MB] through the window. [there's struggle DJ describes like tug of war with DW pulling MB's body to the car using his left arm/hand grabbing whatever of MB he could grab, [and was MB using his arms/hands in return? No, because both MB and DJ's hands were "filled with cigarillos"]. Finally, MB broke DW's grip on his neck enough to turn to DJ and say, "Hold these" [cigarillos filling both his hands] and DJ "took them outta his hands". [Perhaps noting MB's hands were now free and his face was very, very frowny], DW said, "I'm 'a shoot". And sure enough DJ looked down and was surprised to be staring at a gun barrel, as he expected to see a tazer, when, "Almost a second later the gun went off."

A few of my observations watching the video - first of all is that DJ seems completely stoned out of his mind during the video. Seriously, toward the end when it is the attorney's time to speak, you can see DJ's eyes literally roll in the back of his head and he looks as though he has literally gone to another place.

Also, I did actually sound like DJ said MB fell into the "fatal" position, rather than the "fetal" position as I had originally thought he had said.

Also, falls short of actually saying that MB ever said "don't shoot, I'm unarmed, etc..." He basically says that MB didn't speak, or started to speak, or that he didn't get a chance to speak, or whatever, or was "about to say...." but never says that MB actually ever said "don't shoot, I'm unarmed." It is a nuance, but it is important, because I have people repeatedly state that MB said those words.

Retweeted by STLtoday
Samantha Liss ‏@samanthann 1m
A small group of protesters traveled to Kirkwood to canvass the area they say is near Robert McCulloch's home.
View attachment 57859

I feel like this image makes a much stronger statement than those of crowds of people packing the streets after dark and the trouble makers who show up to infiltrate those crowds each evening simply to encourage and try to promote violence and an escalation of the unrest. Powerful image to get the point across of those who believe this shooting was unjustified and that MB was attempting to surrender.

Imo, he wants McCullough removed- therefore removing the GJ...

Well, not necessarily. Another prosecutor could take over the grand jury proceedings, could they not? One that has less of a proven record of choosing NOT to have police shootings go to trial. And before someone says "McCulloch just upheld what the grand jury decided," keep in mind that the prosecutor has all the power in the grand jury situation to decide what evidence to allow, and has a lot of power to convince the jurors to vote a particular way. He can also choose to go ahead with a trial EVEN IF the grand jury puts forth a "no bill." But there is every reason in the world that THIS particular prosecutor would not do so.

IMO, from a great deal of reading I've done to get to know about the grand jury system...

I hope targeting public officials' homes doesn't play well outside of Oakland.

Imo, he wants McCullough removed- therefore removing the GJ...

I'm guessing that the truth is leaking out that the evidence presented to the jury is pretty much all in favor of OW....as we have heard in rumors as of late.

Well, not necessarily. Another prosecutor could take over the grand jury proceedings, could they not? One that has less of a proven record of choosing NOT to have police shootings go to trial. And before someone says "McCulloch just upheld what the grand jury decided," keep in mind that the prosecutor has all the power in the grand jury situation to decide what evidence to allow, and has a lot of power to convince the jurors to vote a particular way. He can also choose to go ahead with a trial EVEN IF the grand jury puts forth a "no bill."

IMO, from a great deal of reading I've done to get to know about the grand jury system...
It was posted way back in this thread: If Mc Collough is removed, a special prosecutor can be brought in- no GJ neccessary...

Camille Phillips ‏@cmpcamille 26m
Anthony Shahid is calling for a block of area highways on Monday at 4:30. He wants traffic to stop for 4.5 minutes. 1/2

Camille Phillips ‏@cmpcamille 25m
He wants the highways blocked as a demand for @GovJayNixon to remove Mcullouch from the #MichaelBrown case. 2/2

Why in the world do these people want to cause so much trouble for everyone.

How does this help?

All this does is make him look like someone who intimidates and bullies others. Why all the strong armed tactics to get other people to do as they want/demand? That is as bad as intimidating a witness in a criminal case to say what you want them to say even though they would be lying. Why aren't these people willing to wait for all the facts to come out?

What about the truth? Don't they want to know the real truth about what really happened even if it is what they think or not what they think happened?

Gah, I don't understand any of this intimidation and threats that have been made throughout this case.:(

Whatever happened IUPG? Do they think it doesn't apply to OW? Everyone in this country has to wait for the investigation to be completed so I don't understand why they don't think the rules applies to them.

Why are they wanting to intimidate the Governor into calling in someone else? Has this DA ever been accused of being unfair before this? It sure seems to me like they are worried there isn't going to be an indictment.........if not, then why all the threats and intimidation tactics? I guess they are wanting to blame it on the DA if the GJ doesn't do as they demand they do. So what if they get another Prosecutor in there and the GJ doesn't indict? What then? Who's fault will it be then?

IMO

I'm guessing that the truth is leaking out that the evidence presented to the jury is pretty much all in favor of OW....as we have heard in rumors as of late.

My thoughts exactly.

I've been listening to this all day. Very sad, they can't see the forest, for the trees. Hate and invective all afternoon long have spewed from the protestors mouths.
f words and the white man... going to be trouble tonight I think
not scared of no police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members