MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Officer Wilson:

In February 2014, Wilson received a commendation for "extraordinary effort in the line of duty" from the City of Ferguson.[34][35] The citation was related to an incident in which he struggled with and detained for arrest a driver that police said was preparing a large amount of marijuana for sale.[36] According to the Washington Post, Wilson subdued a man during the middle of a drug transaction. A family member said she was relieved her relative was not badly injured

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Michael_Brown

http://www.abajournal.com/news/arti..._on_police_force_disbanded_amid_racial_tensi/

Thank you Lamb Chop, it also strikes me as very odd to jump to the conclusion that Wilson would suddenly perform a uncharacteristic and unwarranted act of violence given his own professional history.

He was a felon when he punched Wilson in the face and tried to take his gun.

I believe LE when they stated these facts. I'm 100% positive they have PROOF of the above. They are facts to me, not speculation or "rumor"

They are facts to me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this case does go to trial, what do you good folks think OW's defence is going to be? That he was in fear for his life, he was in fear for someone else's life, or he had the right to shoot in order to stop a fleeing felon?

Probably all of the above.

But the "assaulting an officer and trying to steal his loaded weapon" part is just an unproven allegation as of yet, is it not?

I am very unclear about what happened through the window, but IF the SUV door was slammed back toward DW, I think that that IS an assault on an officer, and IF that is what happened, I think that it was then, that DW drew his weapon from his holster. MB COULD have tried to grab it or he COULD have tried to push it away so he wouldn't get hit by a bullet......anyway, the gun fired.....somebody pulled the trigger because they were in possession of the gun. IF it turns out that DW's injury is to the RIGHT side of his face, his injury could be from recoil. IF IF IF. We have allegations, we do not have evidence of what transpired through the window. JMO

Brown's mother has seen the video from the store, just like the rest of us. Brown's mother has seen what her son was up to just a few minutes before his encounter with Wilson. Brown's mother should know that her son was in fact a scary big guy when he wanted to be.

MOO

She probably has seen that and she has maybe seen TV shows where the detective is sharing all the information with the family. That's TV, in real life they don't do that.

Thank you Lamb Chop, it also strikes me as very odd to jump to the conclusion that Wilson would suddenly perform a uncharacteristic and unwarranted act of violence given his own professional history.

Especially when compared to what we have seen with our own eyes ....how intimidating, threatening, menacing and emboldened Brown was 10 short minutes prior!!!

Brown's mother has seen the video from the store, just like the rest of us. Brown's mother has seen what her son was up to just a few minutes before his encounter with Wilson. Brown's mother should know that her son was in fact a scary big guy when he wanted to be.

MOO

MB's mother knows why MB changed high schools 4 times, spending most of his last two yrs. at unaccredited, gang-infested, unbelievably horrible Normandy HS. In GA that indicates a kid was kicked out of school several times, until finally no other school in the area would take him. Mr. Brown described MB doing a special program that "let him set his own pace". Where I live that's called an alternative school, where incorrigibles sent there sit in individual cartels all day doing their "work"... at their own pace.

I understand that they are pushing to get McCullough removed due to his record of not prosecuting cases of police brutality, right? Does anyone know what, if any, cases they are referring to? I know that DJ's attorney named a couple, but were those under the same prosecutor? I'm just wondering if there has been any documentation as to what cases they are referring to? TIA.

....I just watched the video of Piaget Crenshaw again, where she claims she started videotaping the event 30 seconds after the actual shooting. In her video, however, the crime scene tape can already been seen. Which makes me skeptical about her statement. JMO.....
BBM SBM

^^^^^^^^Yes, if Piaget's vid started 30 sec after shooting, how was crime tape tied into place so quickly?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did she use camera? Or cell?
How long would fully charged device last?

Not sure it this "proves" he is unfair (depends on your perspective) but McCulloch DOES have a history of upholding grand jury "no bills" on police officer shootings. This does worry me, and make me think an indictment is unlikely if the grand jury proceeds. Not because of the facts, per se, but who controls the facts and molds the opinion of the jurors (the prosecutor). McCulloch has also expressed political opinions on this specific case to the media:

"McCulloch decried Missouri Governor Jay Nixon’s decision to pull the St. Louis County Police out of Ferguson and put the State Highway Patrol in charge, even after the local force’s response to the protests turned Ferguson into a war zone. “To denigrate the men and women of the county police department is shameful,” he said."

http://www.newsweek.com/ferguson-prosecutor-robert-p-mccullochs-long-history-siding-police-267357

Newsweek is MSM, I sure hope!

1st BBM is that because evidence suggested those shootings were justified? As you say I think opinions on those shootings probably varied as do those on this shooting.

2nd BBM throw a rock and you will likely hit several public office holders with the same rock who have already come out and stated very public opinions from both sides of the fence on this shooting. I think at this point we would be hard pressed to find one who hasn't. Personally I am appalled at many of those who have come out with strong opinions about this shooting long before the facts were even done being gathered let alone analyzed and IMO shame on all of them no matter what opinion they were stating that was other than the following

"this is a disturbing incident and it should and is being fully investigated to make sure no wrongdoing occurred and if the officer acted improperly he should be prosecuted to the fullest. I support a full investigation and charges if they are warranted"

Officer Wilson was walking around the scene because he certainly couldn't leave until he was questioned about what happened. Then he was taken to the hospital to check on his injuries.

Do you have a link or is this just a guess? SOP around us, if there is even a possibility of a serious injury, a medic will come up and do an assessment to see if you need to be transported to a hospital. And head injuries are treated as potentially serious. They would naver force a person to wait for treatment. Where did you get this info?

Are you saying you know that Wilson made a statement to someone at the scene? That's news to me. Links please!

MB's mother knows why MB changed high schools 4 times, spending most of his last two yrs. at unaccredited, gang-infested, unbelievably horrible Normandy HS. In GA that indicates a kid was kicked out of school several times, until finally no other school in the area would take hom. Mr. Brown described MB doing a special program that "let him set his own pace". Where I live that's called an alternative school, where incorrigibles sent there sit in individual cartels all day doing their "work"... at their own pace.

My nephew just graduated, at 16, from an alternative high school that let him set his own pace. He filled all his graduation requirements a year early. Are some of the kids there tough? Sure. But my nephew is a quiet, smart kid who likes to read. He completed advanced math courses with scores in the high 90s. The regular school environment just didn't "fit" for him, but he LOVED the alternative school! The school a kid goes to does not define them, and the Normandy H.S.'s accreditation problems are not MB's fault, nor do they mean that there are no good teachers or students left at Normandy H.S.

MB's mother knows why MB changed high schools 4 times, spending most of his last two yrs. at unaccredited, gang-infested, unbelievably horrible Normandy HS. In GA that indicates a kid was kicked out of school several times, until finally no other school in the area would take him. Mr. Brown described MB doing a special program that "let him set his own pace". Where I live that's called an alternative school, where incorrigibles sent there sit in individual cartels all day doing their "work"... at their own pace.

BBM

Here too, same deal. My daughter had to attend during her Sr. year, not because she was disruptive or a 'juvie', but they allowed her to attend because she could go at her own pace because her brother had just been murdered and she could not deal with 'real school'. She didn't like the people in her class and just took the GED and passed. Alternative school isn't a good place for kids who are not disruptive.

This is a fact according to Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson. If you have a link to prove otherwise please feel free to post it. I hope this settles the circular discussion as to whether or not Officer Wilson was injured.

At a news conference Friday with Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson we learned the officer suffered facial injuries in a struggle with Michael Brown.

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/15/who-i...ing-about-the-officer-who-shot-michael-brown/

Thank you! Please, can we also add this one:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...el-brown-ferguson-missouri-timeline/14051827/

St. Louis County Police Chief Joe Belmar says in a news conference. Belmar says Brown physically assaulted the officer, and during a struggle between the two, Brown reached for the officer's gun. One shot was fired in the car followed by other gunshots outside of the car.

I've been listening to this all day. Very sad, they can't see the forest, for the trees. Hate and invective all afternoon long have spewed from the protestors mouths.

Why torture yourself? You don't have to watch it! I agree, it's awful. I just don't want to witness it. JMO

He was a felon when he punched Wilson in the face and tried to take his gun.

I believe LE when they stated these facts. I'm 100% positive they have PROOF of the above. They are facts to me, not speculation or "rumor"

In the several DJ recountings I've listened to, never does he mention MB striking Ofc. Wilson or a struggle over the gun.

My nephew just graduated, at 16, from an alternative high school that let him set his own pace. He filled all his graduation requirements a year early. Are some of the kids there tough? Sure. But my nephew is a quiet, smart kid who likes to read. He completed advanced math courses with scores in the high 90s. The regular school environment just didn't "fit" for him, but he LOVED the alternative school! The school a kid goes to does not define them, and the Normandy H.S.'s accreditation problems are not MB's fault, nor do they mean that there are no good teachers or students left at Normandy H.S.

I'm thinking your version and my version of "alternative school" are not the same.

Where I live, in NJ...students must "earn"
Their way into them...by earn, I mean be tossed out of regular school for serious behavior issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member