MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the case you linked :

The Tennessee statute is unconstitutional insofar as it authorizes the use of deadly force against, as in this case, an apparently unarmed, nondangerous fleeing suspect; such force may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others. Pp. 7-22. [471 U.S. 1, 2]
LOL! Did you read it? ^^^

Perhaps you missed the word unless? :dunno:

Respectfully Scarlett, assaulting an officer and trying to steal his loaded weapon is a far cry from 'getting fresh with an officer'!

True. But I need proof of that. When I get it I can consider it.

In the several DJ recountings I've listened to, never does he mention MB striking Ofc. Wilson or a struggle over the gun.

Hmmmm...never heard him speak about the strong armed robbery either...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that they are pushing to get McCullough removed due to his record of not prosecuting cases of police brutality, right? Does anyone know what, if any, cases they are referring to? I know that DJ's attorney named a couple, but were those under the same prosecutor? I'm just wondering if there has been any documentation as to what cases they are referring to? TIA.

The time to get McCullough removed would have been ELECTION DAY! I wonder how many of these people who have time to protest everyday took the time to vote.

I'm thinking your version and my version of "alternative school" are not the same.

Where I live, in NJ...students must "earn"
Their way into them...by earn, I mean be tossed out of regular school for serious behavior issues.

That is the way it is here too. They didn't know what to do with my child because they never had anything like this happen before and they were willing to anything to accommodate her, but it didn't work out. She did the GED instead. She has a verbal IQ of 141.

Or the car door was open, as DW's account reportedly is that MB/they "pushed him back into the car" [but likely not upright/seated] and Daryl Parks told NG he'd been told Ofc. Wilson "was still partially in the car". If so, the gun was right there - no window involved.

The problem I have with "still partially in the car" is that that would mean his legs were out, but he was still seated. If the door was slammed on him he would have injured shins. That really hurts!!! JMO Also, Parks has no idea what happened, in my opinion, he just fields allegations. Miserably. JMO

The problem is he was not a fleeing felon. Not at that point. He was possibly a guy who took some cigars and pushed a clerk. And he had the right to a fair trial to decide his fate.

Only two people knew positively if he was a "fleeing felon" or not. One is no longer on earth and the other isn't talking. The man with the obligation to decide in a split second if MB was a dangerous suspect judged that he was. Regardless of what anyone else saw, thought they saw, felt or thinks ~ they own no right to decide. OW not only owned that right ~ but was obligated to act on his decision to protect the public.

Apparently he thought he was a significant danger to public safety.

We have no more right to say (bolded above by me) that he was not a "fleeing felon" (we don't know) than we have to say that MB was probably on hard drugs (we don't know).

This is a fact according to Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson. If you have a link to prove otherwise please feel free to post it. I hope this settles the circular discussion as to whether or not Officer Wilson was injured.

At a news conference Friday with Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson we learned the officer suffered facial injuries in a struggle with Michael Brown.

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/15/who-i...ing-about-the-officer-who-shot-michael-brown/

Injury was specifically described as swelling, not a fracture or punch..... as claimed here in some opinions.

Swelling could be from literally any size or type of injury. IMHO.

That is the way it is here too. They didn't know what to do with my child because they never had anything like this happen before and they were willing to anything to accommodate her, but it didn't work out. She did the GED instead. She has a verbal IQ of 141.

Wow!
141!!!!

How do you win an argument with that one??? ;)

I agree, he doesn't appear to be writhing in pain during that video, but it's hard to make a call on what type of injury he may have had by looking at a fuzzy video. imo

Well we know nothing was broken and he was released. So nothing serious. Now that does not mean that an officer should even been assaulted, But I think that in this case, I need to see some kind of real injury to say he was injured. I keep hearing it but I don't see it.

Well we know nothing was broken and he was released. So nothing serious. Now that does not mean that an officer should even been assaulted, But I think that in this case, I need to see some kind of real injury to say he was injured. I keep hearing it but I don't see it.

So a punch in the face doesn't do anything for ya?

I would never take lightly being punched in the face by a raging almost 300 pound man.
To me, that's serious. Deadly serious. IMO

In the several DJ recountings I've listened to, never does he mention MB striking Ofc. Wilson or a struggle over the gun.

Of course not. It doesn't fit the narrative. I have never believed a word out of DJ's mouth.

Soon we'll have DJ saying that he and MB were just skipping along the primrose path taking baked goods to the needy when they encountered the Big Bad Wolf, Darren Wilson. :rolleyes:

(Probably shouldn't have used primrose path, but it's fitting. Lol)

Respectfully, the law in MO is that HE felt he was in resonable fear...not anyone else's feelings

Wow!
141!!!!

How do you win an argument with that one??? ;)

I know, right? But, I always loved to stand back and watch her argue with her father. lol He knew better than to argue with a child, but she would bait him and win every time.

I learned long ago, you don't ask her, 'is that a word'. When we would get home I'd look it up or anything she said that seemed odd to me and she would be right every single time. Made me feel so dumb.

Thank you Lamb Chop, it also strikes me as very odd to jump to the conclusion that Wilson would suddenly perform a uncharacteristic and unwarranted act of violence given his own professional history.

It does. And in broad daylight with plenty of potential witnesses.

IMO the only reasons of the above that should give LE the right to use lethal force is if they were being attacked (not, had been attacked, but in the process of being attacked) or if someone is going for their gun (not, went for their gun, but is in the process of going for their gun). None of which has been proven yet IMO. I do not think a LEO should be allowed to use lethal force because a suspect is fleeing but that is just my personal opinion, the laws are fuzzy on this topic.

So if the laws are 'fuzzy', should the officer still be sent to prison for murder, if he interpreted some 'fuzzy' statutes incorrectly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member