MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to start a new thread and close this one shortly.

Salem

thank you for that link gngr. I will not comment over much about the content except to say that the headline spoke to me and I appreciated the chance to read more about this young man. I feel much of the content is not relevant to events of that day but is extremely relevant in that they help to paint a more rounded humanized individual who struggled with certain factors as many people do. I regret he did not have the chance to realize the promise spoken of therein. That is a tragedy in my view. No matter my POV on the justification of the shooting that ended his young life.

This was 14 years ago??? Why is this relevant to this case?

The story presented to the grand jury was that Murray’s car moved toward the two officers, who then fired out of self-defense. The grand jury declined to indict the officers, and McCulloch said he agreed with the decision.

IMO it's relevant because it shows he has a history of not pursuing a trial of police officers as a part of his job. And a prosecuting attorney is not forced to go along with the grand jury's decision - he could have taken the men to trial anyway. Also, the prosecuting attorney has complete control of what evidence is presented to the grand jury, and IMO (and in the opinions of some analysts I read) can influence the decision of the grand jury quite readily. Lastly, I don't see why the case being 14 years old would make it irrelevant somehow.

That begs the question did they draw you into illegal activities?
/
Did I ever commit a crime against another human being, absolutely not. Was I ever involved in activities that were illegal, yes. Those acts only involved myself acting on personal choices. However, I was bullied badly in grammar school and consciously made the decision to be my own person. Sadly too many adolescents make bad decisions based on what their peers will think. I really never cared what my peers thought of my actions or decisions. I had friends from just about every faction in high school, I would say that was because I judged a person for who they were, not on assumptions based on who their friends were or activities they participated in. I just wish that more kids could open their minds and find every person worth knowing until you know they aren't. Bah, I live just outside of Chicago (which is being dubbed "Chiraq" by some) and seeing violence everyday is just... well the norm. Sickening!!!

Well, if they have read a few articles, they might be aware of the other case in which McCulloch accepted the grand jury's decision not to indict two officers who shot some drug dealers to death, described here: http://www.newsweek.com/ferguson-prosecutor-robert-p-mccullochs-long-history-siding-police-267357

That case was 14 years ago. Not sure that's a nefarious pattern... imo
The article says he has charged officers as well as agreeing with the GJ's decision on this case from 2000.

Edward Magee, a spokesman for McCulloch, said the prosecutor does not shy away from charging police officers. “In the 18 years I’ve been in the office, we’ve charged numerous officers,” he said.

This was 14 years ago??? Why is this relevant to this case?

The story presented to the grand jury was that Murray’s car moved toward the two officers, who then fired out of self-defense. The grand jury declined to indict the officers, and McCulloch said he agreed with the decision.

From that same article

http://www.newsweek.com/ferguson-prosecutor-robert-p-mccullochs-long-history-siding-police-267357

Edward Magee, a spokesman for McCulloch, said the prosecutor does not shy away from charging police officers. “In the 18 years I’ve been in the office, we’ve charged numerous officers,” he said.

They've charged numerous officers, but people want to draw attention to two officers that weren't indicted 14 years ago.

Typical

The MO State Senator, Jamilah Nasheed received a GED. She did better than some who dropped out. She is the one who we saw protesting in Clayton, MO to remove Prosecutor Mcculloch.

http://www.senate.mo.gov/13info/Members/D05/bio.htm

State Sen. Nasheed Jostles with Police Over Prosector Petition Delivery
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/08...ith-police-in-clayton-over-ferguson-shooting/

She's the one who was cursing the governor out on Twitter, right?

Sickening, that someone like that could get elected.

Okay, folks. Getting into discussions about the school systems is going too far off topic. Let's get back. Thanks

So sorry- just sharing what I know from some great teachers who feel like the system has failed our kids greatly.

This! What if what started this whole thing is that OW was pissed cause a couple teenagers back talked him so he pulled up to them and slammed his door into them.... If he instigated the physicality of this whole situation, does that change anything?

I am about ten pages behind so this question & answers might have already played out. If a police officer initiates a physical confrontation I would think fighting back would subject one to assault & resisting.

My heart breaks for those poor innocent drug dealers who had so much going for them and should have had an opportunity to turn their lives around. The police could have used stun guns on the vehicle to perhaps just gotten out of the way to let them go. The police don't have the right to execute someone for dealing drugs.

Hopefully everyone realizes by now this post is dripping with sarcasm! :angel:

This is what actually happened in the case, allegedly:

"In the car were Earl Murray, a small-time drug dealer, and his friend Ronald Beasley. Waiting for them were a dozen detectives. By the time Murray realized it was a sting, he was surrounded. Panicked, he put his car into reverse but slammed into a police SUV behind him. Two officers approaching the car from the front opened fire. Twenty-one shots rained down on Murray and Beasley."

This is what was presented to the jury:

"The story presented to the grand jury was that Murray’s car moved toward the two officers, who then fired out of self-defense. The grand jury declined to indict the officers, and McCulloch said he agreed with the decision."

(source: http://www.newsweek.com/ferguson-prosecutor-robert-p-mccullochs-long-history-siding-police-267357)

See any differences? See why I might be concerned about the grand jury under McCulloch investigating THIS case? I don't have faith that they will hear the real story in there. MOO

Well, if they have read a few articles, they might be aware of the other case in which McCulloch accepted the grand jury's decision not to indict two officers who shot some drug dealers to death, described here: http://www.newsweek.com/ferguson-prosecutor-robert-p-mccullochs-long-history-siding-police-267357

So Michael Brown's actions mere minutes before encountering Officer Wilson are minimized or not relevant to what happened during that encounter but McCullough's decision to uphold a grand jury's decision about a completely different police shooting 14 years prior speaks to his bias?

:waitasec:

Seriously? I have really hard time with that premise. It feels like a big ole honkin double standard to me. Anything that might suggest MB was looking for trouble and didn't care where he found it that day is just smear tactics but a completely different case from 14 years ago is plenty to suggest people should not trust the prosecutor or a grand jury's decision in either case?

Just sayin.

This is what actually happened in the case, allegedly:

"In the car were Earl Murray, a small-time drug dealer, and his friend Ronald Beasley. Waiting for them were a dozen detectives. By the time Murray realized it was a sting, he was surrounded. Panicked, he put his car into reverse but slammed into a police SUV behind him. Two officers approaching the car from the front opened fire. Twenty-one shots rained down on Murray and Beasley."

This is what was presented to the jury:

"The story presented to the grand jury was that Murray’s car moved toward the two officers, who then fired out of self-defense. The grand jury declined to indict the officers, and McCulloch said he agreed with the decision."

(source: http://www.newsweek.com/ferguson-prosecutor-robert-p-mccullochs-long-history-siding-police-267357)

See any differences? See why I might be concerned about the grand jury under McCulloch investigating THIS case? I don't have faith that they will hear the real story in there. MOO

Do you have a link for your "actually happened scenario"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members