MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, hopefully I'm not also thought to be in the "OW supporters" generalization. Because I'm not. That type of thinking ("us vs. them") is what causes issues. I'd like to just know what happened.

Everything I personally have posted has been speculation and theorization as to what may have happened, when, and what caused it. JMO.
:hyper::highfive:

If he was only 6 or 7 feet away, did the officer chase MB down the street a-ways before firing?

When was McKnight's interview? Seems odd he would specifically state "but not rush at him"... if it's an early interview, minutes after, why would someone think to include that?

BBM
Extraneous information usually means embellishing or lying. IMO
He probably either knew the truth (that MB did rush Wilson) or he heard the narrative and wanted to discredit it.

At the late night repeat, I had my camera in hand, waiting for video. But they didn't show it. :(

At the earlier show (7 p.m. ET) they actually repeated that segment half an hour later! Just when Mark O'Mara started talking, they switched from the panel to that video and showed the car with the blood for just one or two seconds. I was prepared for the late night show (11 p.m.) with camera in hand. In the meantime, I looked through many videos and pictures online but could not find any.

awwe thanks Oceans :)

Yes, he did steal from the shopowner.

Do the OW defenders think that all kids, teens, young adults, and adults who steal things at one time or another in their lives be subjected to vitriol and hate by others for the rest of their lives?

And as a woman and a mother, I feel offended that you would compare rape and pedophilia to stealing, JMO. There are scales for everything. I am not going to put someone who steals cigarillos in the same category as a pedophile or a rapist.

Maybe that's why the justice system is sometimes so screwed up. I can imagine that a kid who steals something could be given a longer prison sentence than someone who rapes a woman or a child. By a judge who doesn't know any better.

JMO.

I have two nieces that stole as young people, I would/will never trust either one of them. IIRC MB was shot for his actions towards OW that day, not so much for the act of the thief of swisher sweets. I may be mistaken but I have a feeling that after OW told the two to get out of the middle of the road and then pulled away he probably looked in the mirror and may have seen the swishers, but for what ever reason OW went back and then the physical confrontation between the two happened. It was pretty much a given that if MB was not arrested for that or was able to get away that he would be shoot.

I know there's a difference between LE/Military training and civilian CCW training. I've gone through military small arms fire training as well as civilian CCW training. It makes sense now that you cleared up the answer was in regards to "lethal threat" :) Thanks

ETA: All other info aside, would an "unarmed" man, even as an aggressor, be considered a "lethal threat"?

Absolutely! IMO.

Just picture an "unarmed man" beating up a woman. In most cases, man are taller and stronger than women. IMO, he would be easily capable of killing a woman with his bare hands, fists, feet. Just smashing her hard enough against a wall or on the floor where she hits her head hard enough to die from that injury.

MB was 6'4" and weight almost 300 lbs. He already showed a certain aggression where he crossed the line and strong-armed the employee of the store. He supposedly punched OW hard enough in the face that his face was swollen, maybe even worse (eye socket fractured).

If MB would have bum-rushed OW and if they would have gotten into a fight, I believe MB would have been capable of killing OW just with his strength while being "unarmed". JMO.

stumbling in shock and pain at being shot. A friend just got burned in the hand yesterday evening and she was falling from the pain and had to go to hospital

Sorry, thought you said falling. I'm not trying to convince anyone as to what occured. I find the Brady tape closest To what happened. "turned around clutching his stomach & took 2 steps forward".

I'm in a similar state, we have a very accepting culture here in regards to guns. I also don't comprehend a person of sound mind rushing toward LE that is firing at them.
:thumbup:
Neither can I, depending on the definition of "sound mind". Lol

I know someone who isn't technically psycho, but she is impulsive and does things (like get in the face of a crowd of dangerous people or cops) that boggle our minds.

In the case of MB, I can think of a few possible reasons he would do what we'd probably consider crazy...

1. Officer Wilson had just been brained, and if the audio is real, was missing shots.
It looks like he missed all of them he shot as MB was running away.
And after he turned around, looks like he just got a few shots in the arm by someone rubbing his eye, shaking his head... Could have gave MB overconfident. I think OW's aim just got better as MB got closer.

2. MB could have been under the influence or coming down from a high.

3. MB could just be that type of fearless gambler guy, with a strong motivation to avoid getting caught. Then or later.

4. MB could have a mental problem.

... Or any combination of the above. Or maybe he didn't do it at all.

I don't know. I don't see a reason to rule anything out yet.

Absolutely! IMO.

Just picture an "unarmed man" beating up a woman. In most cases, man are taller and stronger than women. IMO, he would be easily capable of killing a woman with his bare hands, fists, feet. Just smashing her hard enough against a wall or on the floor where she hits her head hard enough to die from that injury.

MB was 6'4" and weight almost 300 lbs. He already showed a certain aggression where he crossed the line and strong-armed the employee of the store. He supposedly punched OW hard enough in the face that his face was swollen, maybe even worse (eye socket fractured).

If MB would have bum-rushed OW and if they would have gotten into a fight, I believe MB would have been capable of killing OW just with his strength while being "unarmed". JMO.

And stepping off this post, anyone who is armed-OW included-could have their weapon taken from them during an altercation and used on them.

JMO

Interviews w purported eyewitnesses w their vids of alteration at car & shooting

Did any of their vids NOT show crime scene tape in place?
And NOT show multiple LEOs at the scene?

Thx in adv, esp if you have link to vids w/out tape & LEOs.

Not if there haven't been any meetings yet. Your link, Stewart, said they occurred in November and have had three more since. I ran across an article in the Trib from July of this year discussing a summit. Talk isn't action.

If you are truly intersted in what community activists are doing to reduce violence in the black community, you need only to google to find dozens and dozens or recent results in communities across the country. If you are fixated on dates or insist meetings are somehow worthless, we will have to agree to disagree with your assesment that there is no interest or action taken.

(First time posting, some thoughts IMO and hope to contribute to peoples questions)

In the last pic, it clearly shows that the shopowner was trying to block MB from leaving the store. He was trying to hold the door shut so MB could not open it. That is why MB shoved him out of the way. A lot of posters continuously say that MB was walking out, and then he just turned around just for the heck of it and just because he felt like it, and shoved the shopowner. And then this is used to explain why they think MB did the exact same thing to OW.
As you can see from the pic and the videotape, MB pushes the shopowner as a result of the shopowner trying to block him from leaving the store. MB then pushes the shopowner out of the way.
I am just stating this because I feel that many posters are distorting what the videotape shows. Again, it is usually made to sound like the shopowner was just standing there, and MB suddenly just turns around and decides to assault him.
The shopowner was trying to use his body to keep MB from leaving the store.
I feel very bad for what the shopowner went through. But let's look at this objectively, folks. If a group of young men come in to rob my store, I am not, as the shopowner, going to put my body in front of the door they are using to get out of the store. That is just asking to get shoved out of the way at best, and at worst to get shot and killed. If he was trying to keep the door shut so MB could not leave, what did he think was going to happen? He was a small guy and he was trying to take on 3 men all by himself.
I imagine this will get responses such as "oh so now you're blaming the shopowner?"
But I am not falling for that. Any person with common sense knows what to expect if they try to use their body to keep a thief from leaving the building. I feel sympathy for the shopowner, however I am also looking at this objectively, and I am not distorting the facts to make fit it into my narrative that MB is a monster. He had just stolen something, and then the shopowner himself decided to jump in front of him and hold the door closed so he couldn't get out. Was this a wise move?
It was NOT that MB was going out, and then just decided to for the fun of it turn around and shove the man.
JMO.

I do like you thoughts on this, my only addition might be that objectively it might show that he is not one to shy from physical force when a confrontation arises, which does run contrary to the “gentle giant” narrative. IMO when confronted with a being up to no good as a child I would usually try to talk my way out of it before resorting to physical force.
I thought it was interesting when one of the experts they talked to in that interview said something to the extent of "in some departments, police are trained to keep shooting up the body until they reach the head. Really? Is that true? I had always heard that shooting center mass was the most effective way to stop someone coming at you. Any "gun people" who can confirm/deny that?

Well I know in Canada its center of mass, but given the amount of shots fired in the frame of time we have (based on the video when the gunshots in the background) I would suspect muzzle jump would be a factor, basically the recoil from firing your shots, more shots fired would reduce your accuracy significantly (based on my own experience with firearms)
Darren Wilsons sidearm was suggested as being a Sig Saur P229 .40 Caliber. According to a post from the S&W forum.
http://smith-wessonforum.com/lounge/390340-darren-wilsons-sidearm-missouri-police-officer.html
Listening to the video it sounds more like it then a Glock .45, which is very common in law enforcement these days.
To show some idea of muzzle jump I got a link of someone firing a Sig .40 at a shooting range, note the recoil, granted the person firing the firearm is likely a novice based on how sloppy her grip is, but still unless OW is a hulk of a man, and considering he was supposedly injured, the recoil would likely have not been negated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKbYUc7S5Y0

By Comparison a Glock .45 which is common in law enforcement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly5UnR7pPtk

IDK it kind of looks like a shell casing to me. From what I saw from the Jodi trial, when they were showing the shell casing.
Too close together to be casings IMO, also given the # of shots it would seem odd there are not more casings in that spot if it were.

Sorry for the long post, was a lot of things I wanted to touch on.

Can the ejected shells really tell us where OW was when he fired the final shot?

Does live tweeting mean he was tweeting while it happened? He says theres crime scene tape on his building.

I have searched for PRE crime scene tape footage. I believe that Piaget had some of both but turned what she had over to LE. Eventually she got it back, but I don't know if she got all of it. It was returned to her later than promised, but it was returned to her. Because it had DW on it , and they had not identified him yet, she had to keep it to herself until he was publicly identified. I have never seen the full video, just snippets. JMO

Does live tweeting mean he was tweeting while it happened? He says theres crime scene tape on his building.

He tweeted at various times, IIRC during or shortly after the shooting, and continuing for some time thereafter. I would have to check the Daily Mail article again to be sure.

65f5aedda479e44be9e0a3ae98cbad5c.jpg

This picture of DJ giving his story is kinda funny. The guy to the left and the man in green look like someone just passed gas.
Sorry, but their faces are like WHAT STINKS???

All posts are MOO
:laughing: :hilarious:

Someone several threads ago posted some really good information and analysis regarding how much time it takes for x distance to be covered by someone at your speed... And I think there was discussion and comparisons to reaction times.

Does anyone else remember or have a way to find it?

I thought it was interesting and very relevant information to remember, but I was multitasking, and whatever I saved fell off my clipboard.

Have you viewed the entire tape? Because AFTER Mb first grabs the clerk by the neck and shoves him, THEN he comes back at him another time, and the clerk was NOT blocking his way then. :no:

There was no audio in the tape. And iirc MB doesn't appear to say anything. When he turned around, squared his shoulders, planted his feet apart, put his arms straight down but slightly out from his body, and showed shop guy his "mean" face, he was deploying his "weapon" - his immense size + angry persona (real or feigned).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210