DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Retweeted by David Carson
Retweeted by David Carson
Robert Cohen ‏@kodacohen 16m
#Ferguson captain tells protesters to move back. Instead they move closer.
View attachment 57878

There are many people, in particular his parents, that are heartbroken that MB wasn't able to put all of his hard work - that they obviously pushed him to do - and I am heartbroken for them. That said, they are simply blaming the wrong person/people.

Sad isn't it...that highschool diploma that meant so much to his mom...that he did work extra hard for... He thought so little of?
He had a future. He made it that far.
It apparently didn't bring him the sense of accomplishment and pride that it should have.

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a mess

Marchers protest outside Ferguson police station

They filled the street in front of the department. Cops lined up and for the most part remained silent as protestors shouted and screamed in their faces. Some of those one way conversations by protestors were loaded with profanities. Some people went after the media verbally.

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/30/marchers-protest-outside-ferguson-police-station/

They didn't know their elected officials were elected????
WTH?

Tell me more about "civil rights" ferguson residents...eyeroll

...facepalm...

It makes me sad to know that many of the residents of Ferguson are ignorant of the political process and are unaware that certain local officials are elected. It's apparent that these folks need help and guidance, so that they can learn how to participate politically, as well as gain valuable knowledge in how to affect change in their community.

Knowledge is power. I think the local officials need to step up and try to educate their potential constituents regarding the political process, since (for one reason or another) some folks are lacking in that area.

“A lot of people just didn’t realize that the people who impact their lives every day are directly elected,” said Shiron Hagens, 41, of St. Louis, who is not part of any formal group but has spent several days registering voters in Ferguson with her mother and has pledged to come back here each Saturday. “The prosecutor — he’s elected. People didn’t know that. The City Council — they’re elected. These are the sorts of people who make decisions about hiring police chiefs. People didn’t know.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/31/u...ow-its-clout-at-polls.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Kudos to Shiron Hagens and her mother for doing their part!

After spending 2 1/2 hrs trying to catch up on this thread tonight,
I've come to the conclusion that I'd like to ask WS mods and admins
for a bs ometer smilie, followed by imo of course. :D

a pooping cow would also suffice.

It makes me sad to know that many of the residents of Ferguson are ignorant of the political process and are unaware that certain local officials are elected. It's apparent that these folks need help and guidance, so that they can learn how to participate politically, as well as gain valuable knowledge in how to affect change in their community.

Knowledge is power. I think the local officials need to step up and try to educate their potential constituents regarding the political process, since (for one reason or another) some folks are lacking in that area.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/31/u...ow-its-clout-at-polls.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Kudos to Shiron Hagens and her mother for doing their part!

It's tragic they don't understand. Absolutely tragic. I can't wrap my head around it...it's that sad.
How could they possible lose such a huge part of their history?
IMO there is zero excuse for this level of ignorance.

This level of ignorance is what the race baiters and agitators depend on. This is their bread & butter. They should be ASHAMED!!!

All IMO

Sad isn't it...that highschool diploma that meant so much to his mom...that he did work extra hard for... He thought so little of?
It apparently didn't bring him the sense of accomplishment and pride that it should have.

Why?

The MO State Senator, Jamilah Nasheed received a GED. She did better than some who dropped out. She is the one who we saw protesting in Clayton, MO to remove Prosecutor Mcculloch.

Senator Nasheed attended Roosevelt High School in St. Louis. However, years later, received her high school General Equivalency Diploma. She is currently working on a degree in communications.

http://www.senate.mo.gov/13info/Members/D05/bio.htm

State Sen. Nasheed Jostles with Police Over Prosector Petition Delivery
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/08...ith-police-in-clayton-over-ferguson-shooting/

IMHO: If the "something" cops do is against regulations, then they need to be punished. No one made them "do" it, it is their duty to follow the law- no excuses- and they are gving the good cops a bad reputation. Look at where OW used to work- they beat up and threatened more than women for for being a bit sassy. Do you think they were forced to beat law abinding people because they didn't like their sense of humour?
And that is where OW learned to be a cop.

I don't see any cops sending out thank you notes for those Molotov cocktails.

LOL!!!!!!!!!

I find this works well :ignore: but then you run the risk of sometimes a whole page has no posts on it, just names lol

Why?

You know, that's actually a really good question. I believe that in some communities, education just isn't as valued as it should be. Being a good student is not considered "cool" in some communities. And crime is too accepted. I hope I don't come across as "whitey" lecturing here. I haven't had to struggle in a poor urban community in my life, and so I'm not able to fully relate. But others, such as Al Sharpton, have expressed it well: "Some of us act like the definition of blackness is how low you can go. Blackness has never been about being a gangster or ." Very well said, I think. I think more positive black role models in the community would help a lot, let kids know they can dream of something better.

I also think the education system has failed some of these kids. As others have said, the local H.S. getting decertified is a pretty big sign that things are remiss, and IMO that the State needs to put more resources into improving public schools. I don't really understand the whole spending a ton of money to bus kids 30 miles to a better school. Much as with the charter schools, I think the money could have been better spent on hiring good teachers and improving the local schools. But that's an argument for a different day.

You know, that's actually a really good question. I believe that in some communities, education just isn't as valued as it should be. Being a good student is not considered "cool" in some communities. And crime is too accepted. I hope I don't come across as "whitey" lecturing here. I haven't had to struggle in a poor urban community in my life, and so I'm not able to fully relate. But others, such as Al Sharpton, have expressed it well: "Some of us act like the definition of blackness is how low you can go. Blackness has never been about being a gangster or ." Very well said, I think. I think more positive black role models in the community would help a lot, let kids know they can dream of something better.

I also think the education system has failed some of these kids. As others have said, the local H.S. getting decertified is a pretty big sign that things are remiss, and IMO that the State needs to put more resources into improving public schools. I don't really understand the whole spending a ton of money to bus kids 30 miles to a better school. Much as with the charter schools, I think the money could have been better spent on hiring good teachers improving the local schools. But that's an argument for a different day.

IMO education starts at home. That's why throwing money at the problem never works.

If you teach a child basic manners, respect and how to read...the possibilities for learning are endless.
IMO

[emoji90] We have a smiley poo...

Well, Tapatalk does... I'm not sure about the main Websleuth site.
All posts are MOO

IMO education starts at home. That's why throwing money at the problem never works.

If you teach a child basic manners, respect and how to read...the possibilities for learning are endless.
IMO

But peer groups have a big influence too, don't you think? Especially into the teen years. And I think you may be oversimplifying things a bit. It's great to have manners, respect for authority and to know how to read, but there's definitely more to it to achieve a H.S. diploma. Especially nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99