MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the WaPo fluff piece was trying to say that while DJ had been interviewed by the Feds, his attorneys didn't permit him to speak of the robbery and shooting to the PRESS, the WaPo writers in this instance. <snip>

All MOO

RSBM

That's what I understood, also.

Political sites on this case are all over the place. We can not post them here. So please make sure when you start to read on a site that you check first before posting a link.

Bumping

I hate to burst anyone's Bombshell Bubble, but I think the quote that says:

is a very poorly written sentence and it might mean that DJ has talked to the Feds but his attorneys wouldn't let him talk about the shooting or robbery with WaPo.

I think he did talk to the Feds, he's in protective custody and his lawyer won't allow him to speak on the specifics anymore to the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could not imagine that.

You would have to be pregnant for more than 10 years!

Meh. The Duggars have that many on their own. It's gross, IMO, but it seems to be marketable. They got a tv show and magazine covers out of it.

I don't think they should drop it. He did the crime, now he needs to do the time.

MOO

Do you have a link to what he is being charged with as it pertains to this incident?

I wasn't aware of any charges made as yet. Thanks!

I don't know about anyone else but I find it suspect/weird that Paiget, Tiffany and DJ were all on the same side of the street after the MB shooting discussing what took place (from the pictures I've seen in the Media Thread). They all were very sure that MB was surrendering and he had his hands up. YET, MBrady, who was on the opposite side had no idea what was said and he stated, to various interviewers (ACooper for one, also in the Media Thread) that he did NOT see any hands up or surrendering. He also stated he missed seeing part since he left the window and ran outside. The altercation and shooting took only minutes so it seems he missed a portion of what happened. The fact NO ONE that was interviewed bothered to film this incident until after MB is on the ground bothers me because they all had their iphones out calling people or taking pics after the fact. I do give 'some' weight to MBrady only because MB was directly across from his apartment and could actually see most of what happened, ie MB punching/'movin his arms' at OW, MB running, OW in pursuit outside the vehicle, DJ hiding behind the cars. Brady gets outside to see MB with his arms DOWN in front of him and falling to the ground.

I found it very amazing that all these witnesses could not hear gun shots through a window right in front of them OR only heard 4 shots while standing in the vicinity
outside. I'd truly hate to be on the GJ and have to sift through all this.

I call the 3 witnesses, Paiget, Tiffany and DJ ground zero for why we have all the hands up craziness. IMO, I don't at all think MB was surrendering or had his hands up. I do hope when these three have to testify in front of a GJ and knowing the repercussions of lying, that they are scared enough to tell the truth of what they saw and heard, not what they've been coached to say to the media. MOO

Also note and also in the media thread, the activist(s) that arrived at the scene immediately and were photographed behind DJ giving his hands up account interview.

I agree, certain things look very suspicious that there was possibly some coaching going on.

Good thing, the FBI is involved in this case and the investigation. And if there was some wrongdoing, I hope there will be consequences.

IMO, those initial statements made by those witnesses had a huge ripple effect. Resulting in uproar, outbursts, protests, riots, looting, violence. People getting hurt, even killed. LE had to take extra measures, costing a fortune.

If those initial statements would have been like: two young men walking down in the middle of the street, getting into an argument with a police officer, one of the young men, MB, starting pushing and punching the PO, was trying to grab the PO's gun, first shot was fired, MB run away, stopped, turned around and started bum-rushing PO to everyone's shock and surprise and was shot and killed while trying to attack the PO again... what would have been the outcome then? Would there have been any protests? Riots? Looting? Violence? IMO, no. Just my thoughts and MOO.

OK - I am seeing stuff that this bracelet thing might be important!!! Coupled with the news of DJ being in protective custody???

QUICK - who was the person here to first notice the bracelet in the street??? Wondering if this was something that came from a tip from one of our wonderful sleuthers here!!!???

Do you have a link to what he is being charged with as it pertains to this incident?

I am referring to the Johnson City arrest warrant for DJ. As far as I know there are no charges against him concerning this case. However, depending on what the investigation shows there is a possibility that could change.

MOO

I think the threat of charging him in relation to this incident ...with that hanging over his head..prompted his truthfulness in his FBI interview.

IMO

Is protective custody the same and witness protection?? He must have come clean with something!
I think protective custody is quite temporary - usually until the "heat" dies down or to keep them safe prior to trial, etc...witness protection is PERMANENT. I know this because a friend of mine went into WP and has never been heard from again.

What???? Who is threatening his life?
DJ must have told the truth somewhere and made someone mad, imo.

You honestly haven't seen some of the people claiming to support DW? There is a vast majority that are civilized and have simply seen it best to support him. But, there have also been a vocal minority that are beyond racist. The death threats lodged are not one sided. Both sides have their idiots.

TorisMom was responding to a post from aa9511 regarding DJ outstanding warrant in Jefferson City

Here's the link to that info:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/2...ooting-reportedly-has-warrant-out-for-arrest/

court clerk for the Municipal Court of Jefferson City confirmed that Johnson had been arrested June 24, 2011 for allegedly stealing a parcel. Johnson was also accused of lying about his identity and age. He was charged with larceny with an added count of false identification.

Johnson was scheduled for trial on July 31, 2013 but did not show, according to the clerk.

The clerk told WND.com that Johnson has a warrant for his extradition if he is arrested in a 50-mile radius of Jefferson City.

Did anyone hear any unsubstantiated leaks on

"BADEN: The marijuana itself is irrelevant to what happened. If it's combined with other drugs, it's so hard to evaluate leaks that are not substantiated by an official report. If there were some PCP or phetamine, ecstasy involve also. That could be a factor in his behavior. But the marijuana by itself would not be."

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/08/31/what-did-we-learn-michael-browns-autopsy

That's a link to a youtube video that is on the youtube site. It doesn't link directly to the conservative treehouse site.

I didn't link to it either, just mentioned it, and not even by name. It's too confusing.

I think protective custody is quite temporary - usually until the "heat" dies down or to keep them safe prior to trial, etc...witness protection is PERMANENT. I know this because a friend of mine went into WP and has never been heard from again.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/protective+custody

Protective Custody
An arrangement whereby a person is safeguarded by law enforcement authorities in a location other than the person's home because his or her safety is seriously threatened.

When a witness to a crime is intimidated not to testify because the alleged perpetrator or her associates have threatened physical violence against the witness or the witness's family, law enforcement authorities have the ability to offer the witness protective custody. Protective custody may last only until the end of a trial or it may last for several years. State and federal governments operate witness protection programs that provide assistance to those who wish to cooperate but who are afraid of physical retaliation

more at link

I am referring to the Johnson City arrest warrant for DJ. As far as I know there are no charges against him concerning this case. However, depending on what the investigation shows there is a possibility that could change.

MOO

Thanks. I thought there was something new related to THIS case.

Did anyone hear any unsubstantiated leaks on

"BADEN: The marijuana itself is irrelevant to what happened. If it's combined with other drugs, it's so hard to evaluate leaks that are not substantiated by an official report. If there were some PCP or phetamine, ecstasy involve also. That could be a factor in his behavior. But the marijuana by itself would not be."

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/08/31/what-did-we-learn-michael-browns-autopsy

Not yet, but I've been practicing my shocked face for when we do

See? --------------> :eek:

I think the threat of charging him in relation to this incident ...with that hanging over his head..prompted his truthfulness in his FBI interview.

IMO

Lying to the FBI would already be severe, IMO. It's a felony.

Here is an excerpt, more info at link:

Making false statements
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Making false statements (18 U.S.C. § 1001) is the common name for the United States federal crime laid out in Section 1001 of Title 18 of the United States Code, which generally prohibits knowingly and willfully making false or fraudulent statements, or concealing information, in "any matter within the jurisdiction" of the federal government of the United States, even by mere denial.[1] A number of notable people have been convicted under the section, including Martha Stewart,[2] Rod Blagojevich,[3] Scooter Libby,[4] Bernard Madoff,[5] and Jeffrey Skilling.[6]

This statute is used in many contexts. Most commonly, prosecutors use this statute to reach cover-up crimes such as perjury, false declarations, and obstruction of justice and government fraud cases.[7]

Its earliest progenitor was the False Claims Act of 1863, and in 1934 the requirement of an intent to defraud was eliminated to enforce the National Industrial Recovery Act of 1933 (NIRA) against producers of "hot oil", oil produced in violation of production restrictions established pursuant to the NIRA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Making_false_statements

Whoa! We CAN link to conservative treehouse? I thought no blogs or political sites. :banghead: I got warned earlier after just mentioning that site.

Not directed at you, but I am struggling, here. Is there a drowning guy smilie?

I found it on YouTube. Cannot link to the treehouse:)

I feel sorry for him too- what kind of home life and attention could he have received? Grew up in that rough area with gangs, drugs- probably no one to teach him right from wrong... I'm hoping he does have a chance to turn his life around, really. And now he's got a baby of his own... smh...
Well, he DID put the cigars back :) I'm a softie. sigh.

Again, I have a soft spot for DJ, too, but the Duggars have that many kids on their own (no aunt sharing the breeding load).

I personally think it is poor parenting to make the older kids raise the younger ones, but none of those kids have ended up in trouble with the law.

And I really cannot believe I am citing the Duggars as an example of the "right" way. :shame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16