MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he did talk to the Feds, he's in protective custody and his lawyer won't allow him to speak on the specifics anymore to the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should be a writer for the WAPO! Clear and concise!

Lying to the FBI would already be severe, IMO. It's a felony.

Here is an excerpt, more info at link:

Making false statements
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Making false statements (18 U.S.C. § 1001) is the common name for the United States federal crime laid out in Section 1001 of Title 18 of the United States Code, which generally prohibits knowingly and willfully making false or fraudulent statements, or concealing information, in "any matter within the jurisdiction" of the federal government of the United States, even by mere denial.[1] A number of notable people have been convicted under the section, including Martha Stewart,[2] Rod Blagojevich,[3] Scooter Libby,[4] Bernard Madoff,[5] and Jeffrey Skilling.[6]

This statute is used in many contexts. Most commonly, prosecutors use this statute to reach cover-up crimes such as perjury, false declarations, and obstruction of justice and government fraud cases.[7]

Its earliest progenitor was the False Claims Act of 1863, and in 1934 the requirement of an intent to defraud was eliminated to enforce the National Industrial Recovery Act of 1933 (NIRA) against producers of "hot oil", oil produced in violation of production restrictions established pursuant to the NIRA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Making_false_statements

One of my closest friends did 18 months in federal prison for lying to the FBI during the
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/06/29/philly.mayor.bug.charges/
FEDS don't play.

Again, I have a soft spot for DJ, too, but the Duggars have that many kids on their own (no aunt sharing the breeding load).

I personally think it is poor parenting to make the older kids raise the younger ones, but none of those kids have ended up in trouble with the law.

And I really cannot believe I am citing the Duggars as an example of the "right" way. :shame:

I think there's a huge difference between having the older ones "helping out" with younger siblings and "raising"
their younger siblings.

IMO

I don't think they should drop it. He did the crime, now he needs to do the time.

MOO

It should be handled just like any other similar charge. Frankly, most of the time I see charges like that with that low of a dollar amount reduced to littering with some community service. The lying to police about his name I typically see simply dismissed as long as the other charge is taken care of. Regardless of how Jeff City handles them, it should be treated just like every other similar charge.

Not yet, but I've been practicing my shocked face for when we do

See? --------------> :eek:

Giggle,

You might just get an Oscar...that's some performance!

He also may be fibbing about being threatened to make it look like supporters of OW are out to get him because he knows the 'truth'.

If you don't think there are racists in this area that are, in fact, threatening people, well continue to believe. I wouldn't call them supporters of OW although they may try to hold themselves out as such. My take is they are just racist ($*#'s jumping at the chance to espouse their views.

I think there's a huge difference between having the older ones "helping out" with younger siblings and "raising"
their younger siblings.

IMO

Respectfully, those older Duggar kids do more than help out. I mourn for their childhoods. But they also have not turned to crime.

WaPo: "Like Brown, Johnson earned his diploma through a special program."

Probably this program: http://www.slps.org/Page/9904

I bet Normandy was a diploma mill graduating anyone willing to show up most days.

Well, only about 50% of Normandy HS seniors graduated, so no. Why are folks so keen to downplay MB's accomplishment of graduating HS and questioning his intelligence? It just seems petty and mean spirited.

Respectfully, those older Duggar kids do more than help out. I mourn for their childhoods. But they also have not turned to crime.

I totally agree on your take of the Duggars.

Well, only about 50% of Normandy HS seniors graduated, so no. Why are folks so keen to downplay MB's accomplishment of graduating HS and questioning his intelligence? It just seems petty and mean spirited.

There is a simple reason why such things are attacked. I'll leave it alone.

Fair enough. I will give ya that it's a possibility. I think the probability is that threats come from racist $*$('s.

We know who the NBPP is and they have been in Ferguson. If you go South of Ferguson about 40 miles, you will sometimes see KKK flyers on your car's windshield. I've never seen one, but it's been in the news before.

You would think that would be something you wouldn't see nowadays.

I commend any student in an impoverished area that manages to stick it out and earns a diploma. The odds are certainly stacked against many.
I just wish he had taken more pride in his accomplishment. It sure meant a lot to his mom. He should have been proud and enthusiastically looking toward his future.

It seems without the structure of school or his parents breathing down his neck he derailed...

IMO

Zaki Baruti said, “If some of our demands are not dealt with, you’ll see more civil disobedience in the spirit of Dr. King, because we’re not just going to sit by and just let injustice be constantly impacting us.”

Most notable of their demands, the firing and arrest of Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson, who shot Michael Brown. That is currently in the hands of a grand jury.

It is unclear at this point how many people might participate in the seemingly dangerous practice of stopping cars on an interstate highway. No word at this point how police might respond.

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/31/ferguson-protesters-plan-to-halt-highway-traffic-on-labor-day/

Um, is anyone else having wonky quotes? I apologize to anyone whose post I quoted and replied to, without any apparent connection.

If it doesn't make any sense, I was probably trying to quote someone else. Sorry!

He gave conflicting information in several interviews. I wonder if forensic proof came out, DJ's hand was forced when confronted and he finally came clean.

He would definitely need protection for that.

Ummm..someone posted upthread about "community cameras" being removed by LE. Canfield Green is part of the Crime Free Multi Housing Program:

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.738...!1e1!3m2!1s56PWNwdCiW20PqAauxkyLA!2e0!6m1!1e1

( zoom in on signs)

The Crime Free Multi Housing Program utilizes security cameras, among other strategies. http://www.gocolumbiamo.com/Police/Crime/Crime_Free/documents/CFMH_Manual.pdf

Also, notice the nice ADT provided surveillance system put in Antonio French's ward ( i.e Ferguson) in 2011

http://www.securityinfowatch.com/pr...-to-help-fight-crime-in-st-louis-neighborhood

Have a relaxing Labor Day :)

We know who the NBPP is and they have been in Ferguson. If you go South of Ferguson about 40 miles, you will sometimes see KKK flyers on your car's windshield. I've never seen one, but it's been in the news before.

Thank God those hate baiters haven't shown up in Ferguson.

Can you even imagine? :eek:

It truly blows my mind that some people, on both sides, have not progressed one iota. Their views are as backwards, blind and BS as ever.

20+ years ago while working for a very well known company, I had a supervisor from Georgia. Couldn't stand him. Made racist comments often...one day I confronted him and asked him what the heck was his problem. Turns out he was a wizard ...A WIZARD ??? He actually BRAGGED. I never even heard of such a thing...I had to research it...

Talk about THUD!

I got him fired. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads