MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:thud: i couldn't do it.

What would it had been like at dinner time, bedtime, showers, laundry, grocery shopping or doing homework? You know their mother's had to of been zombied out by then. 19 kids...

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/protective+custody

Protective Custody
An arrangement whereby a person is safeguarded by law enforcement authorities in a location other than the person's home because his or her safety is seriously threatened.

When a witness to a crime is intimidated not to testify because the alleged perpetrator or her associates have threatened physical violence against the witness or the witness's family, law enforcement authorities have the ability to offer the witness protective custody. Protective custody may last only until the end of a trial or it may last for several years. State and federal governments operate witness protection programs that provide assistance to those who wish to cooperate but who are afraid of physical retaliation.

Until the 1960s law enforcement used protective custody infrequently. Federal prosecution of Organized Crime figures led to the offering of witness protection to key government informers. In 1964 Joseph Valachi became the first La Cosa Nostra member to publicly testify to the existence of the organized crime group, appearing before a congressional committee. Valachi, who was facing the death penalty, agreed to testify in return for personal protection. He was held in solitary confinement for protection and given $15 a month.

Since the 1970s the Federal Witness Security Program (18 U.S.C.A. § 3521 [1970]) has grown in size. The program is used to fight organized crime, Terrorism, gang-related crime, and narcotics trafficking. In 1995, 141 new participants were added to the program, increasing the number to 6,580 witnesses and 14,845 total participants since the program began. Also in 1995, 257 protected witnesses testified at trials against organized crime members, resulting in a substantial number of convictions.

snipped

The article said "one of two key witnesses". And he's under Federal protection. We know there were some discrepancies on his statements to police so why would he be in under Federal protection???

Possible death threats??

Wow, DJ grew up in a house with his mother and aunt who had 19 children between them.
Lost a younger brother in a drag racing accident, has a bullet still in his leg from a shooting in 2007. Lots of info on DJ's life in this article, interesting and sad to me, really.
OK hold on! What the heck! 2007 he was 15.
This guy has some kinda history it seems.
I need to read it again.
Getting off the school bus he was a caught in crossfire.
All posts are MOO

So DJ won't talk to the Feds BUT he'll talk to media cameras? They should disguise a Fed as a reporter and I'm sure he'll open up.

What is he hiding?

Lying to the media is not a crime. Lying to the FBI is. JMO.

The article said "one of two key witnesses". And he's under Federal protection. We know there were some discrepancies on his statements to police so why would he be in under Federal protection???

He gave conflicting information in several interviews. I wonder if forensic proof came out, DJ's hand was forced when confronted and he finally came clean.

He would definitely need protection for that.

What would it had been like at dinner time, bedtime, showers, laundry, grocery shopping or doing homework? You know their mother's had to of been zombied out by then. 19 kids...

It would take hours just to feed, bathe and do homework.

He gave conflicting information in several interviews. I wonder if forensic proof came out, DJ's hand was forced when confronted and he finally came clean.

He would definitely need protection for that.

AND WHAT about that bracelet if IT WAS djs?

The article said "one of two key witnesses". And he's under Federal protection. We know there were some discrepancies on his statements to police so why would he be in under Federal protection??? He certainly is not a hardened criminal. Really do feel sorry for him.

Maybe the Feds want to make sure that he does not skip town? In case he needs to talk to the GJ. Just a thought.

The article said "one of two key witnesses". And he's under Federal protection. We know there were some discrepancies on his statements to police so why would he be in under Federal protection??? He certainly is not a hardened criminal. Really do feel sorry for him.

Possible death threats??

I don't get it.

Why would anyone threaten DJ? We all heard the interviews he gave to the media. Later, he was at the funeral and walking around by himself or with attorneys. If he finally told the truth to investigators, who would know other than the investigators? Why would he be under Federal protection? The only thing I can think of is that he's not allowed to discuss this case to anyone else while talking with investigators?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...9b47ba-2ee2-11e4-9b98-848790384093_story.html
Bombshell!!! If I read this right, according to DJ's attorney, he is not allowing his client to answer questions about the shooting with Federal investigators.

Very interesting and informative article.

If the prosecution decides to go forward with the case, can't they offer some kind of plea for Dorian? Like for example, erase the Jefferson County warrant? I'm sure they will do something to make him talk.

JMO.

Very interesting and informative article.

If the prosecution decides to go forward with the case, can't they offer some kind of plea for Dorian? Like for example, erase the Jefferson County warrant? I'm sure they will do something to make him talk.

JMO.

I thought it was Jefferson City not County.

I hate to burst anyone's Bombshell Bubble, but I think the quote that says:

is a very poorly written sentence and it might mean that DJ has talked to the Feds but his attorneys wouldn't let him talk about the shooting or robbery with WaPo.

Ahhhh, I see. Yes, this makes much more sense. Very poorly written sentence!!

Good Lord, DJ has seen enough in his life to fill up three Lifetime movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99