MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.canfieldgreen.com/photos.asp
Is that a camera inside the pvc pipe at the roof line?
766499998b158226d9e467684cdfb436.jpg

It looks like the laundry area might have a security camera as well. I can't tell.
All posts are MOO

I don't think we're certain they exist. We're speculating if maybe they do exist.

look at the pic of the laundry room in the above link- they absolutely exist in it

You honestly haven't seen some of the people claiming to support DW? There is a vast majority that are civilized and have simply seen it best to support him. But, there have also been a vocal minority that are beyond racist. The death threats lodged are not one sided. Both sides have their idiots.

bbm

Of course I've read and heard that many people support him.

I don't either. It's disrespectful. It's not way to be taken seriously and spread a message.
I'm pretty darn impatient and the last thing I would want is a bunch of people blocking my way...I am obviously on my way somewhere! It would just annoy me.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There would be no where to park either and it would take much more than 4.5 minutes for all of this to happen. And who's to say that it would just end there.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/protective+custody

Protective Custody
An arrangement whereby a person is safeguarded by law enforcement authorities in a location other than the person's home because his or her safety is seriously threatened.

When a witness to a crime is intimidated not to testify because the alleged perpetrator or her associates have threatened physical violence against the witness or the witness's family, law enforcement authorities have the ability to offer the witness protective custody. Protective custody may last only until the end of a trial or it may last for several years. State and federal governments operate witness protection programs that provide assistance to those who wish to cooperate but who are afraid of physical retaliation.

Until the 1960s law enforcement used protective custody infrequently. Federal prosecution of Organized Crime figures led to the offering of witness protection to key government informers. In 1964 Joseph Valachi became the first La Cosa Nostra member to publicly testify to the existence of the organized crime group, appearing before a congressional committee. Valachi, who was facing the death penalty, agreed to testify in return for personal protection. He was held in solitary confinement for protection and given $15 a month.

Since the 1970s the Federal Witness Security Program (18 U.S.C.A. § 3521 [1970]) has grown in size. The program is used to fight organized crime, Terrorism, gang-related crime, and narcotics trafficking. In 1995, 141 new participants were added to the program, increasing the number to 6,580 witnesses and 14,845 total participants since the program began. Also in 1995, 257 protected witnesses testified at trials against organized crime members, resulting in a substantial number of convictions.

snipped

Okay, yep, this thread confirms I have lived a weird life.

This is OT, but the case is at a lull and it's 2AM so read if you like, skip if not, mods remove in the AM if you need to, etc.

Like every kid growing up, sometimes at bedtime I'd get scared that maybe monsters were around, or ghosts, or when I got older, maybe that bad guys would try to break into our house. My dad said "you have two parents and a dog guarding you, but lots of kids have that. But very few kids have a US Marshall living across the street who likes to sit out on his porch at night, which just happens to face your bedroom window. Trust me, no bad guy is getting within a hundred yards of this window."

We knew he was a USM, but we didn't really know what he did....obviously he didn't broadcast it or share much. Only later did we learn he was one of the earliest WITSEC officers - although I don't even know if it had any formal designation like that at the time. Here's an article that talks a little bit about how that came about in our area for those interested in the history of this kind of thing - kind of crazy to imagine what it must have been like back then: http://www.americanmafia.com/Feature_Articles_241.html (If you've seen the move "To Kill an Irishman" then you know most of the story, if you haven't seen it, it's pretty good.)

ETA: We lived on the corner of the side street and our house faced the Marshall's. On the other corner of the side street was an old Italian guy, a former POW. He was always running different cars up to Detroit, he was nice enough as a neighbor but there were always rumors floating around that he was in with the mob in some way. So my other two neighbors existed in kind of an uneasy tension with each other - they'd nod politely but didn't really talk or anything to each other. The only time Frank wasn't nice is when us kids and our friends were playing and we got to close to his garage, then he'd scream at us, and we were like "man, what's his problem?" After he died, when his grandkids were cleaning out his place they found enough C-4 in his garage to blow up the whole block and some special team had to come in to remove it.

You know, just the same way y'all grew up. :)

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/terrorism/terrorism-definition

"domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:
◾involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
◾appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. Or kidnapping; and
◾occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the u.s.

Fyi-i did put a caveat in there that i realize they are not chopping people's heads off. I never said they were the equivalent of 911. But yes...i believe that what these agitators have been doing is a form of domestic terrorism. Looting. Arson. Threats. Intimidation. Demands on the government by threat. Stalking officers of the courts private homes.

Call it whatever you want but it is far from cool.

thank you for this

This goes to show you how ignorant I am!

When I was a young teen my parents watched "All In The Family." They thought it was funny. I didn't think it was funny until I was much older ...the reason I found it funny...I was laughing AT Archie Bunker....
I never met anyone like him in my life. I thought he was beyond stupid and his opinions were laughable.

Then I met a racist....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad, whom I referenced earlier as having some pretty amazingly smart insight, was a horrible racist. I was ashamed to bring friends home in case he told one of his "hilarious" racist jokes or went on a rant.

It is real, people DO think like that and I lived it.

Thanks for sharing your "aha" moment.

Yes, iirc, Piaget said they removed security cameras from the complex too
Streetlights?
Are those cameras?
On the top of the light? My streetlights don't have anything on top.
a695197df9a2c1c2bfa4141ebde0125d.jpg

53681b866c2c633a5d16dd7d28f2cc0e.jpg

If so there was one right above MB's body.
2974 Coppercreek Rd

http://goo.gl/maps/bWxHX

All posts are MOO

DJ not talking to Feds, Wonder if he will appear at GJ. This is baffling. Why would his lawyer allow media interviews but not the Feds. Have the Feds found out something that could put DJ in jeopardy. IDK. Thoughts anyone.

I find that very odd, since the attorneys plan to sue the city and the FPD. Wouldn't they want DJ to tell the feds ALL the horrible things that OW did to them?

And isn't Holder in charge of the feds? Holder should be DJ's friend and supporter. So why doesnt DJ want to cooperated with them now?

There are forums for members only in the "basement". Sometimes, members are advised to keep their posts down there.

Thanks, I checked it out but... not for me. I'll try to be good up here though! ;)

She says, 'he ran for his life, they shot him'.

I don't think she is a witness.

Sometimes people use the word "they" in an incorrect grammatical fashion to mean a singular person. Not too uncommon. Just another explanation. It doesn't mean she thinks that more than one person shot MB.

Sometimes people use the word "they" in an incorrect grammatical fashion to mean a singular person. Not too uncommon. Just another explanation. It doesn't mean she thinks that more than one person shot MB.

Imo, the interpretation of 'they' in that statement is that she is lumping ODW, with all LE, together as one; stereotyping...labeling... 'Five-O'..

I don't like the idea of blocking a highway. That's rude to the others that want to actually drive on the highway, imo.

"... organizers asked supporters to drive onto local highways around 4:30 p.m. Monday and stop their cars for 4 1/2 minutes — symbolizing the four and a half hours Michael Brown's body laid in the street after he was killed"

Pulled out that quote from similar articles to ask if it's accurate that the highway-blocking is just wherever the driver finds him/herself at 4:30 p.m. today, not a particular spot? If so, that threat seems like a publicity stunt aimed at getting headlines, not getting a highway successfully blocked.

"... organizers asked supporters to drive onto local highways around 4:30 p.m. Monday and stop their cars for 4 1/2 minutes — symbolizing the four and a half hours Michael Brown's body laid in the street after he was killed"

Pulled out that quote from similar articles to ask if it's accurate that the highway-blocking is just wherever the driver finds him/herself at 4:30 p.m. today, not a particular spot? If so, that threat seems like a publicity stunt aimed at getting headlines, not getting a highway successfully blocked.

Ferguson protesters plan to halt St. Louis Labor Day traffic
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/national/ferguson-protesters-plan-halt-st-louis-labor-day-t/nhCy5/

So they are blocking traffic because the police did an investigation into Mike's death and took too long?
Ok.

All posts are MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members