MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So OW should have allowed MB to beat him to a pulp, or worse?

Huh? The advice is to people to give the robber what s/he wants and then call LE.

My response was about MB taking the cigars from the store owner that you posted. What does that have to do with OW ?

Huh? The advice is to people to give the robber what s/he wants and then call LE.

My response was about MB taking the cigars from the store owner that you posted. What does that have to do with OW ?

Same advice given to women that are about to be raped. Just take it and don't fight.

That IMO is the problem in this society, when someone is robbing you, raping you etc...just "take it quietly and don't cause a problem for the criminal" and let the authorities sort it out, or not.

There are allegations the the FPD has acted in violation of federal civil rights laws. The justice department, the agency responsible for enforcing these laws has started an investigation. This investigation will not be done by the AG, it will be handled by the professional staff of the DOJ. If the allegations are nothing but hot air, FPD will get a clean bill of health and perhaps some advice on how to improve relations with the community. If the investigation finds violations that merit civil or criminal action, the information will be turned over to a federal prosecutor.

I hope the finding is not that when a minority attacks a white cop, just stand and take it or you'll be proscuted for it.

IMHO the lyrics are meaningless. Actions are not meaningless. Assaulting a store clerk is relevant. Lyrics or words...not so much.

But what if the cop had a site, and was posting country lyrics about guns and such. I can't help but think it would be brought up.
I'm not trying to argue, I just want all sides to have the same opportunities.

IMO the answer is obvious. Was MB supposed to be allowed to throw his considerable weight around with impunity?

Same advice given to women that are about to be raped. Just take it and don't fight.

That IMO is the problem in this society, when someone is robbing you, raping you etc...just "take it quietly and don't cause a problem for the criminal" and let the authorities sort it out, or not.

Can you give a link for that because that is not what I have learned.

IMO the answer is obvious. Was MB supposed to be allowed to throw his considerable weight around with impunity?

Huh? You asked why the store owner did not stop him.

I gave the info of what is even posted on information sheets that I have seen in white communities . You may wish to ask at your convenience store what training they give their employees and what are their directives for many scenarios.

I saw the posted list at a convenience store with directives for bomb threats, robbery, loss of power, driveaways, body spills such as vomit or blood, etc. I was very impressed .

It's very likely the investigation has a lot to do with arresting press and stuff.

I hope the finding is not that when a minority attacks a white cop, just stand and take it or you'll be proscuted for it.

The DOJ may look into the use of force policies of FPD to verify they are reasonable and that practice conforms to the policy independant of the race, creed, gender or national origin of the suspect.

If a witness saw Wilson shooting at Brown while Brown was running away, and saw Brown reacting to the shot, how would they describe this event?

If you understand how human perception works, you know that our minds fill in details we may not directly observe. At the same time, we often fail to notice things that don't fit in with what we are observing at the time. As a result, if there are ten witnesses to an event you should expect 10 different descriptions of what happened none of which will be entirely correct.

I agree. Where I have a problem with are witnesses who claim they have seen something when they have not. Or, if witnesses have been coached to make certain statements which are not true. JMO.

What I believe is very important to establish what might have happened: forensic, DNA, fingerprints, autopsy including toxicology tests, ballistic, surveillance cameras, possible audio or video taken from witnesses about the actual incident etc. etc. JMO.

Kind of like if an officer is on that rare occasion stepping beyond his authority and violating your constitutional right, just "take it quietly and don't cause a problem for the" officer. I'm not suggesting that you have stated as much, but that sentiment has been espoused here. I can see both sides of the argument. If you want to live, don't challenge the (whether or gangster or a cop) but conversely I don't think it's acceptable that either be allowed to go without being brought to justice.

But what if the cop had a site, and was posting country lyrics about guns and such. I can't help but think it would be brought up.
I'm not trying to argue, I just want all sides to have the same opportunities.

I agree with you. I would be saying it's just as meaningless in that context. I do, however, recognize that there would be some on the other side that would bring it up as you suggest. It doesn't make them right and it doesn't make the people espousing that now right. Just MOO.

Federal inquiry into Ferguson police force to look beyond Brown shooting

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/04/ferguson-police-department-federal-inquiry

Under Holder, the civil rights division has intensified use of its investigative powers, opening significantly more inquiries into troubled police forces than it did during the tenures of any of his predecessors.

The department’s most recent investigation, into the Albuquerque police department, concluded there was a pattern of excessive force, including a policy of shooting at moving vehicles to disable them, and officers being allowed to use personal weapons instead of standard-issue firearms.

Well according to this article this is what the, "civil rights division" found in the albuquerue department.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/04/ferguson-police-department-federal-inquiry

Under Holder, the civil rights division has intensified use of its investigative powers, opening significantly more inquiries into troubled police forces than it did during the tenures of any of his predecessors.

The department’s most recent investigation, into the Albuquerque police department, concluded there was a pattern of excessive force, including a policy of shooting at moving vehicles to disable them, and officers being allowed to use personal weapons instead of standard-issue firearms.

Well according to this article this is what the, "civil rights division" found in the albuquerue department.

Wouldn't that be more along the lines of internal affairs rather than civil rights?

Either way, that stuff definitely needs to be looked into, regardless of precinct.

Isn't this more a matter of the new, very tough and strict New Mexico Immigration Law? JMO.

http://www.mymexicanlawyer.com/immigration-questions/mexican-immigration-regulations/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16