Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder, however-
Can a civil servant accept donations while on payroll? Is there a precedent for that? I think it may depend on municipality, but some places it is a big no-no. IMHO

I think it is legal. Other police officers have received funds before while they were still a police officer.

IMO

Yeah I saw that but I think that was just spin. I think MB supporters think they have way more power then they really do. They cant touch this fund nor legally make it shutdown.

The funds will be merged and IMO once all the legalities have been worked out it will be up and running again.

IDK, OBE (lotsa letters, lol), but I have read from many MB Non-Supporters that the MB supporters are responsible for much worse. Sounds kind of crazy to me, but seems to be accepted dogma.

If DW wants to sell his house now, would anyone take the risk of buying it knowing the address/pictures have been posted online id'ing it as DW's? Maybe, if he sold it cheap.

Can DW ever work as a police officer again? Not safely imo.

I hope he uses donations to return to school to prepare for another "helping" profession that provides the privacy and safety he'll need. How sad that, after overcoming his tumultuous childhood, he's again facing upheaval and uncertainty.

I think he will be able to resume being a police officer, eventually. Just not there...

I think it is legal. Other police officers have received funds before while they were still a police officer.

IMO

Thank you. I wondered if it was not a conflict of interest.

Once again, you answered my question and so kindly!

If DW wants to sell his house now, would anyone take the risk of buying it knowing the address/pictures have been posted online id'ing it as DW's? Maybe, if he sold it cheap.

Can DW ever work as a police officer again? Not safely imo.

I hope he uses donations to return to school to prepare for another "helping" profession that provides the privacy and safety he'll need. How sad that, after overcoming his tumultuous childhood, he's again facing upheaval and uncertainty.

I sure wouldn't buy his home right now. I would be afraid some cray cray would come by and do a drive by shooting or try to burn the house down.:(

I do think he can be a police officer again. Now it may not be in MO but he will find employment. Not everyone would find him a marked police officer if it turns out he justifiably shot MB in the line of duty. Citizens know that happens and so does police departments. Of course for his own safety he sure cant return to the streets of Ferguson even if he is cleared.

So he may have to move out of state or to another town in MO but I do think he will still be a police officer somewhere if that is what he wants to continue to do. He may think now he no longer wants to be a police officer and I really couldn't blame him if he made that decision.

I really don't care what he does with the money I sent him. I didn't send it with any strings attached.

OK-I know I've asked this before but not sure if I ever got an answer. If the GJ returns a "no true bill" is that the end of it? Can anyone override or appeal that decision? I remember back in the JonBenet days them talking about the GJ and they failed to return an indictment, yet the investigation remains open and at some point the Ramsey's were "cleared." But I don't believe that not returning an indictment is necessarily the be all and end all like an acquittal would be. I would imagine that another GJ can be convened, or a special prosecutor can step in, etc... Also, if the GJ doesn't return an indictment, does the prosecutor have the authority to override their decision either way? i.e. if they don't indict, can he go ahead and press charges anyway and take it to trial? Or if they do indict is it automatic that it goes to trial?

I am hoping some of you legal eagles can help me sort this out, because if I was a betting person, I would lay odds that this GJ will NOT return an indictment and many will try as many other angles as possible.

This is my best answer from earlier research. I don't have time right now to hunt down links again so I am saying MOO, IIRC, etc. If a true bill is handed down, the prosecutor may decline to prosecute at his discretion. If no bill is handed down, the prosecutor may still prosecute if he can persuade the court (a judge with jurisdiction) to proceed. As far as appointing a special prosecutor, in MO, the governor or other executive officers cannot appoint a special prosecutor in state court. That decision can only come from a state court. The DOJ can appoint a special prosecutor for federal charges, such as civil rights violations.

IDK, OBE (lotsa letters, lol), but I have read from many MB Non-Supporters that the MB supporters are responsible for much worse. Sounds kind of crazy to me, but seems to be accepted dogma.

You don't need the letters Evil Soup, just call me 'Ocean' like most do. Its easier to remember.:)

What more are they supposed to be responsible for doing? I know they have made demands, terroristic threats, and death threats. Have they done something even more egregious than that?

IMO

But you think he was profiling you because of your license plates?

It's not a big deal in CA having out of state plates but when I lived in WA state it would happen a lot. If you're there for so many months they want you to register there so they can get their fees.

I think he will be able to resume being a police officer, eventually. Just not there...

Maybe ODW will wisely use the donation money to go to law school; & perhaps specialize in LE who've been assaulted by perps?
Or maybe he'll get involved working with the FBI or administration?

No telling what an officer may face. Last night in Greenville, SC a man approached a locked door of the Law Enforcement center and shot the glass out with shotgun blast.

An officer responding ordered the man to lay down his weapon and the man shot the officer three times then died of self-inflicted wounds. The officer is in serious condition and two or three others (not police) were found dead afterwards.

There's some crazy people out there.

Doors of LEC shot out before shooting in parking lot

http://www.wyff4.com/news/coroner-o...ounty-law-enforcement-center/27830136#!bOQ8vo

This is an interesting line of theorization and thought I had not considered before. The swishers were clutched in his right hand after having swept them up and placed them in his right with his left if I recall. So he is carrying the individual packages of cigarsin right hand. Door being held open by Unidentified other customer Guy (UG)

He then shoves store owner with left.

Wonder what that does say about his preferred or dominant hand if anything.

I am ambidextrous but only in that way that I can do some things better left or right ad still others with either or equally.

But, "dude hold these" :facepalm:

He won't be able to safely work at the Ferguson PD after this. He will need to move and it will take time to find another job, I think that qualifies as a hardship both financially and emotionally.

People are wrongly fired every day. My point was, while still on payroll from FPD, can a public servant receive donations? I know elected officials cannot receive gifts or donations.

OBE was kind enough to clear it up for me.

Acoustic experts detail purported Ferguson shooting

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...c-experts-detail-purported-ferguson-shooting/

When the purported recording was revealed earlier this week, the experts analyzed it, said Ralph Clark, chief executive officer of [ShotSpotter technology].

Takeaways: the shootings all took place within about 6.5 seconds. There was a 3 sec pause between shot #6 and shot #7. The shooter didn't move more than 4 feet.

It happens more than we may think. They are told right up front about what powers they have. It just happened when my hubby had grand jury duty. The GJ called two extra witnesses that they wanted to hear from. The GJs ask way more questions than the DA usually does. We sure did when I was on grand jury duty and I asked my hubby if they did and he said they asked many more questions than the DA did. The DA plays a much smaller role in a GJ room.

So I don't see how they could groom anyone since the DA has no clue what questions will be asked by all 12 grand juries. They don't have to do it through the jury foreman. It is a very casual setting and each person is allowed to ask as many questions as they may have of each witness.

And like I said earlier this morning when 12 people get together they can ask a whole lot of questions and believe me they do.:)

How does a Grand jury know who to call as witness's beyond what the State calls? If they are only given information from the prosecution, how would the Grand Jury know that there are other witness's that could be of value to them?

Maybe they have access to police reports and interviews that show who is a witness. If the State doesn't use certain witness's that could help the Grand Jury, they may call them on their own. Is this correct? Or am I off base?

Acoustic experts detail purported Ferguson shooting

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...c-experts-detail-purported-ferguson-shooting/

When the purported recording was revealed earlier this week, the experts analyzed it, said Ralph Clark, chief executive officer of [ShotSpotter technology].

Takeaways: the shootings all took place within about 6.5 seconds. There was a 3 sec pause between shot #6 and shot #7. The shooter didn't move more than 4 feet.
Found out during the Hulsey trial in AZ how inaccurate the shotspotter can be.

Wow...stood over him..pow pow pow pow...

Well we know that's not true.

Baby? What baby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as the donations go, I'd like to jump in. This freakshow, IMO, is definitely NOT a part of OWs job. It should never be.

IMO, I think a law needs to be passed (and perhaps this fund can help start a campaign for such a law) that unless charged with a crime, LEOs names should NEVER be released in cases like this. There is no reason that an officer of the law just doing his job needs to have his personal name released to the public, forcing him underground, fearing for his safety and the safety of his family. They could call it "Officer Darren Wilson's Law.

The chief says an officer should have a reasonable expectation to go home at the end of his shift. So too should an officer have a reasonable expectation not to be vilified in the media and by mobs of people searching for his home, digging into his background, etc...UNLESS, he is charged with a crime...then have at it.

As far as the donations go, I'd like to jump in. This freakshow, IMO, is definitely NOT a part of OWs job. It should never be.

IMO, I think a law needs to be passed (and perhaps this fund can help start a campaign for such a law) that unless charged with a crime, LEOs names should NEVER be released in cases like this. There is no reason that an officer of the law just doing his job needs to have his personal name released to the public, forcing him underground, fearing for his safety and the safety of his family. They could call it "Officer Darren Wilson's Law.

The chief says an officer should have a reasonable expectation to go home at the end of his shift. So too should an officer have a reasonable expectation not to be vilified in the media and by mobs of people searching for his home, digging into his background, etc...UNLESS, he is charged with a crime...then have at it.

Brilliant!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members