MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So wasn't there some kind of special secret meeting about some special secret thing that the protestors were going to do today?

Maybe waiting for the cover of darkness?

Snipped: So now if you're carrying a firearm you have special rights in Missouri that Unarmed people don't have.

So it discriminates against felons and they say that like it's a bad thing.

So wasn't there some kind of special secret meeting about some special secret thing that the protestors were going to do today?

Maybe waiting for the cover of darkness?

Maybe it is this? :thinking:

#FergusonFridays
Join local Ferguson neighbors & members of faith based and non-profit groups for an informal weekly community led voter education, organizing, and mobilizing discussion.

Open to all members of the STL & wider Ferguson support network but discussions & break out groups are intended for those living in or were directly impacted by the recent unrest.
The input & stories of neighbors & youth of Ferguson will be given first priority.
All are welcome & encouraged to participate in these important weekly gatherings.
Please bring your favorite copy of inspirational or educational materials you’d like to trade with others in attendance.
http://fergusonevents.org/wp/events/ferguson-syllabus-the-beloved-community-dialogs-2014-09-11/

Wouldn't these requirements have a disparate and discriminatory effect on minorities, who are unable even to produce an ID for voting?

If they can not produce an ID for voting it likely means they can't vote for another reason. A convicted felon who is on probation or parole can't vote. A non-resident can't vote. All the dudes laying around those apartments that the neighbors complained about might fit all of the above.

JMO

Check out what Mr. Obvious has to say :hilarious:

Aaron B Brown‏@AaronBBrown·55m
@AntonioFrench So now if you're carrying a firearm you have special rights in Missouri that Unarmed people don't have.

golly, does he not know the difference between carrying and shooting?

Not sure if this has been posted. It is after the police have left. The screams are heartbreaking, but it shows them talking about calling in the JD etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiczUMZ3PJg

Good find!

What I saw was Baruti of OBS already using the words "protest" and "demands", and Jamilah Nasheed. Michael wasn't "innocent" and he wasn't unarmed > "My hands my ammunition".

And acting like its conspiratorial that they washed the blood away before leaving the scene. Given the manufactured drama when the crowd stopped his body from being retrieved sooner, imagine the outrage if they'd left it there. It's interesting that Baruti's already hedging that they may not get the result the want from the DOJ.

Does anyone know where the article is that says that Officer Wilson knew about the robbery before the shooting? I have to be passing it up in media b/c I know I have read it. Trying to find for a friend.

ETA found one through google. Argh this migraine does not help when having a debate and trying to back up your statements.

Good find!

What I saw was Baruti of OBS already using the words "protest" and "demands", and Jamilah Nasheed. Michael wasn't "innocent" and he wasn't unarmed > "My hands my ammunition".

And acting like its conspiratorial that they washed the blood away before leaving the scene. Given the manufactured drama when the crowd stopped his body from being retrieved sooner, imagine the outrage if they'd left it there. It's interesting that Baruti's already hedging that they may not get the result the want from the DOJ.

Uggghh now you've made me feel like I have to watch, which I didn't want
to to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members