MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about everyone else but when over 1/2 the people that went to that meeting tonight got up and left because DOJ said they would not discuss Officer Wilson, that did it for me. Here you are screaming, yelling in the street that you want justice, it's presented to you on a silver platter and you get up and walk out. That sent me over the edge.

It upsets me too that 1/2 the people there had issues significant enough that they felt it necessary to stay and talk. No, not everyone there has had issues with the FPD, but just because they don't it doesn't minimize those that legitimately have.

Never a good thing to reward bad behavior.

How in the world is LE or anyone of authority going to regain control of this little city? Why can't LE arrest those who are actually breaking laws?

Looks to me like these protesters want LE's baIIs on the breakfast table, and it's just about to that point.

Very sad state of affairs.

imo.

It upsets me too that 1/2 the people there had issues significant enough that they felt it necessary to stay and talk. No, not everyone there has had issues with the FPD, but just because they don't it doesn't minimize those that legitimately have.

For that matter, I think that it's a baseless assumption to suggest that the 1/2 who left didn't have issues with the FPD. Many may have had no complaints, perhaps none had any, but I wouldn't assume that leaving the meeting meant that they didn't have an issue. It just seems like an assumption that becomes taken as a fact, and it wouldn't be the first time in this case, regardless of the position one may take.

http://instagram.com/p/tWjebxIzII/

More stuffed animals, bouquets of flowers that will quickly dry out and lots more candles. Yep that looks like a safe way to prevent another fire. Also. To me, the "memorial" in the middle of the street is a safety hazard, littering, an obstruction to traffic and should be there. They have one on the side of the road and that should be enough.

It will be interesting to see if the FD does an investigation to rule out arson. In the absence of any obvious flammable liquids, it should be logical to assume that the fire was simply started by an unattended candle.

I'm assuming you think every memorial at every scene where someone died is littering. I can't tell you how many locations of automobile accidents where someone died have a cross and flowers and all sorts of things to remember the person. As someone else said, these stupid memorials are all amount to nothing more than littering. Yes, this one is in the middle of the street for the time being but the angst that is shown over a memorial for someone's dead son, whether the shooting was justified or not, really makes me question the world we live in these days. Stupid memorial? Really? Littering? Really?

Wanna talk about littering at a stupid memorial, complete with blocking streets and even people blocking the street, take a look at this:

tributeflowers.jpg

I completely agree.

I'm thinking now, what they should do is, let the middle-of-the-street memorial stay where it is. Then tear down the Canfield Apartments and re-route the actual street to where the apartments used to be.

I think probably the wiser thing is for no one to get more worked up about it than the people there. If LE thought it was a major concern, they would have removed it. If the people there didn't want it, they would remove it. Maybe, just maybe, a little bit of humanity and empathy is needed even if the shooting was 100% justified.

I'm assuming you think every memorial at every scene where someone died is littering. I can't tell you how many locations of automobile accidents where someone died have a cross and flowers and all sorts of things to remember the person. As someone else said, these stupid memorials are all amount to nothing more than littering. Yes, this one is in the middle of the street for the time being but the angst that is shown over a memorial for someone's dead son, whether the shooting was justified or not, really makes me question the world we live in these days. Stupid memorial? Really? Littering? Really?

Wanna talk about littering at a stupid memorial, complete with blocking streets and even people blocking the street, take a look at this:

View attachment 59853

I'm an atheist. It's all stupid litter. IMO people should put that debris on top of graves, in a cemetery. Not the middle of the street or on the side of it. All IMO
Maybe a roadside small memorial is okay for a week. That's it. No more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many people were in that line? 20, 30?

How many police interactions are there every day, month and year? thousands and thousands?

I'm an atheist. It's all stupid litter. IMO people should put that debris on top of graves, in a cemetery. Not the middle of the street or on the side of it. All IMO
Maybe a roadside small memorial is okay for a week. That's it. No more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just jumping off of Linda7NJ's post here. I don't mind the roadside memorials where someone places a cross, or flowers, or something. If it makes them feel better, then so be it. But, in the middle of a street should not be allowed. The FPD should tell them to move it to the sidewalk or grass. If they do not, then FPD should remove it. JMO.

I completely agree.

I'm thinking now, what they should do is, let the middle-of-the-street memorial stay where it is. Then tear down the Canfield Apartments and re-route the actual street to where the apartments used to be.

Sonjay, that's hilarious! We need a bit of laughter here now and then. Refreshing in the midst of all the idiocy.

View attachment 59853

RSBM

I'm not sure what fire codes the fire district has in London, England so maybe it's ok to block a street there in front of Kensington Palace. I'm also not sure if one would equate the death of a princess to MBrown but ok, a death is a death. I'm going to go out on a huge limb and say that 99% of people, here in the USA, leave memorials either in a cemetary or on the SIDE of a road, not in the center of one.

View attachment 59853

Note that one difference here is that the Michael Brown memorial is in the middle of a public street with vehicular traffic. The photo of the Princess Diana memorial shows that the memorial items left, along with the people standing around, are not on a public street. This is all outside the "Golden Gates" of Kensington Palace, which is located within Kensington Park. Those are pedestrian walkways in a park, specifically the Studio Walk and the Dial Walk, located just outside the gates to a royal residence. It's more like putting a memorial to a family member in your own driveway, rather than blocking a public street.

Note that one difference here is that the Michael Brown memorial is in the middle of a public street with vehicular traffic. The photo of the Princess Diana memorial shows that the memorial items left, along with the people standing around, are not on a public street. This is all outside the "Golden Gates" of Kensington Palace, which is located within Kensington Park. Those are pedestrian walkways in a park, specifically the Studio Walk and the Dial Walk, located just outside the gates to a royal residence. It's more like putting a memorial to a family member in your own driveway, rather than blocking a public street.

TY! It seems you know a whole heck of a lot more than I do about Kensington Palace and the area :)

and .. Welcome to WS Skimo1!

:welcome:

Charles C. Johnson @ChuckCJohnson · 2m
BREAKING: Police officers confirm that New Black Panthers have "been handing out rifles to kill cops" once Wilson is acquitted. #Ferguson

Charles C. Johnson @ChuckCJohnson · 7m
New #Ferguson police sources AGAIN confirmed that #MichaelBrown had criminal record, family members were Bloods...

$%T^Y idiots...btw
that is called PREMEDITATED

i completely agree.

I'm thinking now, what they should do is, let the middle-of-the-street memorial stay where it is. Then tear down the canfield apartments and re-route the actual street to where the apartments used to be.
great idea lol

i can't figure out why he mentioned this in his un speech & used the past tense

I realize that America’s critics will be quick to point out that at times we too have failed to live up to our ideals; that America has plenty of problems within our own borders. This is true. In a summer marked by instability in the Middle East and Eastern Europe, I know the world also took notice of the small American city of Ferguson, Missouri – where a young man was killed, and a community was divided. So yes, we have our own racial and ethnic tensions. And like every country, we continually wrestle with how to reconcile the vast changes wrought by globalization and greater diversity with the traditions that we hold dear.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...889e46-43f4-11e4-b437-1a7368204804_story.html

edit - oops - should have spelled out united nations - it was unintentional

Just jumping off of Linda7NJ's post here. I don't mind the roadside memorials where someone places a cross, or flowers, or something. If it makes them feel better, then so be it. But, in the middle of a street should not be allowed. The FPD should tell them to move it to the sidewalk or grass. If they do not, then FPD should remove it. JMO.

Absolutely.

It's already been driven through once. What's going to happen if some young child -- given the neighborhood, probably a young black child -- wanders out there to take one of the stuffed animals? Young children will do that, you know. And someone doesn't see that child because of the big easels & flowerpots & such, and hits the child with their car. Yeah, that's just what that community needs right now.

The original middle-of-the-street memorial, with MD20/20 & cough syrup & empty wine bottles & swisher sweets at least appeared to be a true heartfelt expression of grief, in which they placed things there that MB celebrated in life. Now it's big easels with paintings of flowers, and giant flowerpots, and stuffed animals, and many candles in glass containers. Someone apparently told them the MD20/20 & cough syrup didn't reflect so well on MB or on the community, so they changed it up. That, IMO, makes it less of a memorial and more of a political statement disguised as a memorial.

Plus, everything in the middle-of-the-street memorial is a traffic hazard.

And it's been over a month and a half now. How long are they planning to keep it there? I keep thinking of that commercial about the internet/tv bundle package, where the woman says to her husband, "The longer we keep this thing the harder it's going to be to get rid of."

Lest we forget, this was the original MB street memorial:

orig-mike-brown-memorial.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members