MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, don't celebrate too soon. Just saw a reporter on CNN saying that he thinks that Holder may resign and then spend his time working in place 'like Ferguson', reforming police departments. How is he going to do that as a private citizen?

Chief Jackson's remarks were fine imo. He expressed sympathy to MB's parents for their loss, he expressed regret that MB's body wasn't removed quicker, but he didn't indicate in any way that MB's death was due to anyone but MB.

That's not what the Brown family and their supporters will get from his remarks, IMO. To apologize is to admit wrong or fault. Condolences are entirely different. They will use this, and yet not accept it I bet, given all we've seen in media and SM.

Don't know. If we don't like those, I can keep posting pictures of memorials in the street. None of them stay forever. Eventually MB's will be removed too. Or, maybe to make everyone happy, what they can do is build an actual stone or statue memorial in the middle of the street and then widen the road just a bit so the lanes of traffic go on either side. Kind of like this:

View attachment 59874

Wow, that's quite the monument. Maybe they should designate a national holiday?

My eyes are going, because I don't see an officer. Looks to me like the guy is haranguing a police vehicle.

I thought there was an officer in the vehicle. My eyes aren't so good either. But the guy is flipping someone off, imo. You see his finger go up really quickly, then he brings it down.

Well, AG Holder won't have to deal with the Ferguson PD Civil Rights investigation anymore!

Nor will he have to deal with the announcement of the Ferguson Grand Jury when it comes down. Nice way to slide into retirement, lol!

But, don't celebrate too soon. Just saw a reporter on CNN saying that he thinks that Holder may resign and then spend his time working in place 'like Ferguson', reforming police departments. How is he going to do that as a private citizen?

Would that be so bad? Maybe he can move into Canfield.

Aren't the Browns in Washington this morning for a meeting?

That's not what the Brown family and their supporters will get from his remarks, IMO. To apologize is to admit wrong or fault. Condolences are entirely different. They will use this, and yet not accept it I bet, given all we've seen in media and SM.

Right, but I don't think most people will approve of the Browns or their supporters nitpicking over the definition of "apology"

This is a mistake, IMO. You don't apologize for officers doing their job or for an unruly threatening mob and firing shots, causing delay. This will not help. The people he's trying to mollify will be angered even more, now saying, "See? They done wrong. They know it." It'll just fuel unjustified indignation.

Like this:
Chief Jackson's apology to the Browns and the St. Louis community shouldn't be in the form of a scripted video, but in a resignation letter.
https://twitter.com/AntonioFrench/status/515147134891343872

He played into their hand, probably at the suggestion of the DOJ/libs/politicians. The mayor didn't need to apologize either. At this point, the tail is wagging the dog. That needs to stop. Stand by the truth and don't apologize for it. I like this man and hate that he's been attacked and a bounty placed on his head. You cannot reason with unreasonable people, and those who will riot and attack police because their candles burned something are beyond unreasonable. As Capt Johson said, that's about hate, violence, and taking from another.

On the news earlier, the sound bite headline was, "Ferguson Police Chief apologizes to the citizens of Ferguson."

:rolleyes:

WHY? I hope he isn't going to run for President.

Well, IDK know any more than anyone else, lol, but something about being AG just isn't working out well for him right now, presumably!

Maybe he's a tender hearted guy, and the criticism bothers him....

Or the old standby, "I want to spend more time with my family"?

I doubt he's ill-- would have just said so.

Maybe something "unpleasant" is about to blow up that he can't survive politically? Who knows. Maybe he just wants more time off at Christmas, or to escape the Washington pressure cooker. I don't much care why-- I'm just glad he's moving on.

Thank you!

Holder "has no immediate plans once he steps down," the official said.

So, that must mean he's "available for full time employment", lol! (Like Umar!)

Friends and former colleagues say Holder's made no decisions about his next professional perch, but they say it would be no surprise if he returned to the law firm Covington & Burling, where he spent years representing corporate clients.

The friends say Holder is also considering donating his papers to a university in D.C. or his native New York, where he could establish a civil rights center to work more on law enforcement interactions with communities of color and host public forums on those issues.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way.../eric-holder-to-step-down-as-attorney-general

Apparently he's 63, so he could just retire.

Right, but I don't think most people will approve of the Browns or their supporters nitpicking over the definition of "apology"

I don't think most people approve of what they're doing now, but it doesn't stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member