Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

ITA. I liken this statement to a parent who tells their kid "Don't make me come in there!", all while they have their feet propped up, beer in hand, with no intention of moving from their comfortable recliner. Just enough to let the kid know they are present. JMO.

Up to now, I'd liken the LE/Johnson response to a parent using the "I'm gonna count to 3 gambit - ooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeee, tttttt..... which I thoroughly despise having to listen to in a store or anywhere else an impotent parent with an out of control kid illustrates to unwilling onlookers their failed disciplinary mo.

Police were not wearing riot gear, but their lives were threatened with people armed in the crowds. It will not be tolerated - Ron Johnson.

"Last night many of the faces I saw were residents of Ferguson," Ron Johnson said, not outside agitators - In Ferguson unrest
@rebeccarivas

Remember this too, that those who are very close to the investigation process already know the truth as to what happened. Either way LE will have to deal with whatever the GJ comes back with so they are preparing themselves for the worst possible reaction. jmo

Captain Johnson said the path that the situation in Ferguson has taken is undefined and unclear. ” Last night some of the rhetoric we heard had nothing to do with an individual. It was just about hate, about violence, about taking from another,” he said.
http://fox2now.com/2014/09/24/johns...if-necessary-qt-plans-to-rebuild-in-ferguson/

He's just now realizing this? I'm blown away - for 6 weeks now it's been obvious that some of the so-called "protests" have been about hate and violence.

Business owners have lost their livelihoods. Police officers have been repeatedly attacked and shot at. Civilians have been shot. A town has been turned into a war zone by hoodlums who have zero respect for the law and zero respect for anyone who disagrees with their violent agendas.

This has been going on for 6 weeks now - not just last night. I think Capt. Johnson has been living in denial if he thinks the violent "rhetoric" only started last night.

I have a feeling that when the GJ comes back with a decision, we'll be seeing Ferguson under martial law. I do hope we don't see a similar repeat of the Rodney King rioting, violence, looting, burning and beating innocent people. According to some tweets, Ferguson ain't seen nuthin yet.

:(

He's just now realizing this? I'm blown away - for 6 weeks now it's been obvious that some of the so-called "protests" have been about hate and violence.

Business owners have lost their livelihoods. Police officers have been repeatedly attacked and shot at. Civilians have been shot. A town has been turned into a war zone by hoodlums who have zero respect for the law and zero respect for anyone who disagrees with their violent agendas.

This has been going on for 6 weeks now - not just last night. I think Capt. Johnson has been living in denial if he thinks the violent "rhetoric" only started last night.

Well said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he was talking about the ones breaking the law but some of the protestors (which is not against the law).

But he said outside agitators, not protesters. If they're not "outside" then...?
Imo

Police were not wearing riot gear, but their lives were threatened with people armed in the crowds. It will not be tolerated - Ron Johnson.

"Last night many of the faces I saw were residents of Ferguson," Ron Johnson said, not outside agitators - In Ferguson unrest
@rebeccarivas

Hopefully that was received as, "Attention lawbreakers, we now know exactly who you are and where to find you."

I think protest leaders got that message loud and clear today. It's on them if they ignore it, because I don't think further road-blocking/cars-surrounding shenanigans will be tolerated.

I agree with this -- tonight is going to be very telling . . .

IMHO, I do not see this being very helpful since we have seen that some of the residents there are willing to tell completely fabricated and highly inflammatory stories about LE. If it is just to appease the masses and give them a chance to be heard, I can't help but feel it is just going to stir others up. I hope they are prepared to sift through the manure and lies that they are setting themselves up to hear. I mean, if these people will publicly threaten, loot, and burn, then they will certainly fabricate some horror stories to further their "cause". JMO.

Holder isn't there for resolution. IMO he is a subtle agitator.

I am glad Capt. Johnson mentioned the incident with the American flag. I bet there are a lot of veterans throughout all the police departments.

@chriskingstl Let's just make sure the police aren't instigating a situation, such as #Ferguson police laughing at #MikeBrown memorial burn
https://mobile.twitter.com/MariaChappelleN

Just Nadal being Nadal. Darn those police, forcing people to shoot at them, riot, loot, and burn. (Pst. No one said or showed in videos the officers laughing, but why spoil a good narrative?).

This whole mess is so simple to fix. Meet force with force. Escalating force, if necessary, until there are no more people throwing rocks at police officers, and throwing improvised explosives. I have absolutely no problem at all with officers deploying lethal force in these circumstances, if non-lethal means are not stopping the violence immediately. That's called "consequences for violent behavior." And, believe it or not-- escalating force actually works! Just ask the military, who understand how to deal with these situations.

Implement command and control. Command authorizes when escalating nonlethal force is warranted, and authorizes lethal force. If these rioters want to act like it's a war zone, then they should be treated like the domestic terrorist combatants that they are. This is domestic terrorism. It's not peaceful protest, or any kind of protest. No matter how many fluff pieces are written by cowardly, coddling journalists, calling them "protestors". MLK would be appalled and dismayed at calling this behavior "protest."

LE has a responsibility to stop these criminals from terrorizing the peaceful members of society, protect businesses, etc. This has gone on long enough, IMO.

It's a disgrace and lie to call these rioting, looting, anarchists "protestors". We should not dignify their criminal behavior by calling them "protestors". They are terrorists and criminals, period. Meet force with overwhelming force. It's the only language these thugs understand. IMO, of course.

:tyou: :goodpost:

People like to stress that they are a small percentage of Feguson and that these thugs do not represent the majority. I would like to add to that statement that this small percentage is causing a large amount of damage and destruction for a large amount of residents. They need to be stopped by whatever means is necessary.

[h=1]Ferguson protesters vow to target MetroLink during Cardinals playoff games[/h]http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/ferguson-protesters-vow-to-target-metrolink-during-cardinals-playoff-games/article_284d4f6c-999e-5959-9919-acdc97fe7576.html

Vickers said protesters plan to purchase MetroLink tickets and take up all of the available seating on trains running to and from Busch Stadium during any local playoff games.

pfft - never gonna happen & I don't like the fact that MY TAX $$$$$$ are paying this agitator's salary! He needs to either 1) quit his cushie gov't job OR 2) Be Fired From It!!!

@chriskingstl Let's just make sure the police aren't instigating a situation, such as #Ferguson police laughing at #MikeBrown memorial burn
https://mobile.twitter.com/MariaChappelleN

Just Nadal being Nadal. Darn those police, forcing people to shoot at them, riot, loot, and burn. (Pst. No one said or showed in videos the officers laughing, but why spoil a good narrative?).

Gawd, how does she retain her elected seat?! <modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members