CONVICTION OVERTURNED MO - Kent Heitholt, 48, found murdered, Columbia, 1 Nov 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There's a coworker at the newspaper who was with Heitholt around the time of the murder, within a few minutes. He places himself right there but was not investigated or not fully. He's the one who might be the perp.

There's a coworker at the newspaper who was with Heitholt around the time of the murder, within a few minutes. He places himself right there but was not investigated or not fully. He's the one who might be the perp.

What?! How could the investigators not pursue that?? OMG. If that's not "tunnel vision," I don't know what is.

Whoever it is, he must have been darn happy the focus was away from him for so long.

What?! How could the investigators not pursue that?? OMG. If that's not "tunnel vision," I don't know what is.

Whoever it is, he must have been darn happy the focus was away from him for so long.
I'm assuming you're referring to Michael Boyd. Here are some links you might find informative...

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news...cle_e7e2b823-1c00-5111-8701-0ff54edaf9ec.html
http://www.columbiatribune.com/news...cle_6947c057-27f2-52e8-97a9-c99dc3428900.html
The 5 Stories of Michael Boyd: Reenactments (Ryan Ferguson Case) - YouTube

I live in Columbia, MO. I'm glad Ryan is out of prison. I don't know if he is guilty or not. If there is a shadow of doubt then he should be found not guilty. But when this trial happened it was very high profile locally. So to portray that there wasn't ANYTHING there just simply not true. This trial was scrutinized by media and a University of Law Professors and the Jury as well. The ruling allows for a new trial but does not make him innocent.

I live in Columbia, MO. I'm glad Ryan is out of prison. I don't know if he is guilty or not. If there is a shadow of doubt then he should be found not guilty. But when this trial happened it was very high profile locally. So to portray that there wasn't ANYTHING there just simply not true. This trial was scrutinized by media and a University of Law Professors and the Jury as well. The ruling allows for a new trial but does not make him innocent.
What makes him innocent is that the DNA does NOT match from the fingerprints, hair or footprints, and the two eyewitnesses both recanted- his friend had falsely confessed- he had no memory of the night because he was so drunk, and in his confession, LE fed him details of the crime.
There will NOT be a new trial for him, they've decided not to re-try him, and they'd be stupid to do so with the lack of evidence.

Ryan is factually innocent. There is nothing that ties him to this crime. And this is a scene with blood, hair, fibers, fingerprints, bloody footprints and none of it matches either Ryan or Charles Ericksson. Further, a witness from the bar saw Ryan and Chuck leave at 1:30am and drive away. Ryan dropped off Ericksson and then he went home. The murder occurred an hour later and Ryan was at home and in bed.

Hi everyone, I recently saw an interview with Ryan Ferguson, where he said he believes he knows who did it and anyone who looks at the evidence should be able to figure it out. Sorry, I can't remember what interview it was. I did not follow this case. Can someone tell me who they think Ryan was speaking about? And if this person is so obvious from the evidence, why did LE miss it?

OMG. Is that information based on the REAL facts? This is just mind-boggling! How could LE not consider him a suspect or search his cars???!!! Omg. And in the re-enactment of his 5 stories....in ALL of them, it looks like he was waiting for Heiholt to come out. Even in his fake stories, it looks like that. And WHY would he come out and get in his car, only to sit there and listen to songs, before he drover off to, I presume, go home?? WHY???? Did the police never question why???? Why would he sit there in his car at that hour of the night and just listen to songs, when he could have listened to the songs ON HIS WAY home?

It looks like he was just sitting in his car waiting for Heiholt to come out.

Also, I think they should check nearby lakes (if there are any) for the blue car. Of course, maybe he had some connection in the "car-crushing" business....lol...that just crushed it for him to destroy the evidence.

Also, by Boyd's own account in several of his stories, he leaves the scene about 5-10 minutes before the 911 call is made. WHAT??? And that is by his own account. So are they saying that in those 5 minutes, someone appeared out of nowhere, strangled him, hit him numerous times, then ran off, AND 911 was called. All in about 5-10 minutes. I cannot believe any of these detectives still have jobs, they should all be fired if they haven't been already.

I watched the Dateline episode on this case. I have to say that, to me, Michael Boyd looked extremely nervous in that interview. He kept shifting his eyes to the sides or up when he was talking to the interviewer. Contrast that with Ryan Ferguson, who looked straight at the interviewer, straight into his eyes when he was talking. Boyd kept shifting his eyes, laughing nervously, and shifting around in his seat. He looked totally guilty in that interview, MOO.

Just heard about this case a couple of weeks ago....so glad he's free!! I feel kind of bad for his jury as they must all be feeling like sh** for their conviction of an innocent man, but then again they were being fed lies like the appeals judge said, so, not really their fault.

snipped by me

One of the jurors has spoken out. He says he would apologize to Ferguson a million times over.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ryan-ferguson-juror-2004-murder-conviction/story?id=20881917

Also, by Boyd's own account in several of his stories, he leaves the scene about 5-10 minutes before the 911 call is made. WHAT??? And that is by his own account. So are they saying that in those 5 minutes, someone appeared out of nowhere, strangled him, hit him numerous times, then ran off, AND 911 was called. All in about 5-10 minutes. I cannot believe any of these detectives still have jobs, they should all be fired if they haven't been already.
They need to investigate this guy and get real justice for the Heithold family and maybe then they can mentally let go of Ryan (and Chuck).

Ryan has been busy enjoying a trip to Florida with his girlfriend (complete with cocktails) and getting his driver's license!! Hopefully this promising young man will go back to college and complete his education.

Ryan has been busy enjoying a trip to Florida with his girlfriend (complete with cocktails) and getting his driver's license!! Hopefully this promising young man will go back to college and complete his education.

I hope that somehow he can make something good out of this tragedy. I am praying that there is a real investigation and that they find Kent's killer.

As to why the jury believed the witnesses especially Ericsson, few people would believe a guy falsely confessed to partaking in a murder and be more than willing (and practically happy/relieved) to go to prison for the next 25 yrs if he wasn't involved. I mean who (normally) does that? And there's the very guy on the stand admitting it in court. Now he implicates his buddy. He was with Ryan, which was a fact, so the jury had that to consider. And other witnesses testified to seeing one or both. Wrongly, but they said it in open court.

Had Ericsson not gone around claiming to maybe be involved in the murder none of the next decade would have happened. That was the catalyst.

As to why the jury believed the witnesses especially Ericsson, few people would believe a guy falsely confessed to partaking in a murder and be more than willing (and practically happy/relieved) to go to prison for the next 25 yrs if he wasn't involved. I mean who (normally) does that? And there's the very guy on the stand admitting it in court. Now he implicates his buddy. He was with Ryan, which was a fact, so the jury had that to consider. And other witnesses testified to seeing one or both. Wrongly, but they said it in open court.
My husband asked why didn't Ryan's defense team bring up the DNA? Anyone know???

Ryan's guilty, in my opinion. I actually know his family and have since the middle 90s.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back