CONVICTION OVERTURNED MO - Kent Heitholt, 48, found murdered, Columbia, 1 Nov 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Heartwarming friendship of wrongly convicted Ryan Ferguson and Amanda Knox as the 29-year-old jailed for 10 years reveals how Amanda's book got him through the hardest days

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...erguson-Amanda-Knox-book-got-hardest-day.html

This is very disappointing because IMO, Amanda is guilty. So I'm very disappointed with this. Either he just read her book and hasn't looked at any of the evidence, or he has bought into her PR machine.

I have a question for Madeleine74, although anyone is free to answer. Madeleine, you wrote that a "finger/palm print in blood" was found at the crime scene. I've seen this claim made by a few commenters on the internet, and Erin Moriarty made this claim in a recent article. Problem is, I've scoured all the case documents and found no reference to a bloody palm or finger print. There's no mention of it in the trial transcripts or in Ferguson's successful 2013 writ of writ of habeas corpus. There were fingerprints on and inside the car that did not match the victim or accused, but none of them were bloody. I'm starting to wonder if this is an urban legend.

Can you please provide me with a source of your claim?

Basically, the detective and investigators on this case did a horrible, terrible job. I'm sure there was evidence there to be found, they just didn't find it. On top of that, they didn't fully vet the last person to see Kent, and only interviewed him on the phone the first time. Even after so many different account and changing stories, they didn't suspect this guy (the employee).

This is very disappointing because IMO, Amanda is guilty. So I'm very disappointed with this. Either he just read her book and hasn't looked at any of the evidence, or he has bought into her PR machine.

Really? You do know there is a third option - he has looked at the evidence clearly and decided that his opinion is not the same as yours.

I've never read Amanda's book, nor have I ever come across her famous PR machine. On the contrary, most mainstream media reports in my country are slanted towards her guilt. But I've looked at the evidence and I still think the case for the prosecution is a crock.

I agree, Amanda Knox's case and his were nothing alike. Amanda was NOT falsely convicted based on false confessions and no DNA evidence. Amanda was there, Ryan was not.
It really disappoints me that he's buying into her PR machine. Haven't decided whether to continue to follow him on Facebook or not.
P.S. I've looked at the evidence too, and I've followed her case since the beginning and I strongly think Amanda is a liar and is GUILTY! The MSM I see all buy into her PR machine about the poor little picked on American.

There will be a story tonight on KOMU in Columbia regarding Erickson's upcoming appeals possibilities. It will be interesting as to whether Ryan comments as well.

There will be a story tonight on KOMU in Columbia regarding Erickson's upcoming appeals possibilities. It will be interesting as to whether Ryan comments as well.
That's who Ryan should be fighting for, (even though it was Erickson who got them both convicted), NOT Amanda Knox!!!:twocents::moo:
Please report back to us what was said, thanks!

Ryan has said more than once he wants to see Erickson freed too and is going to help where he can.

This upcoming Erickson interview could be integral to helping Charles. It is for an upcoming 48 Hours show also. However on "Freed Ryan Ferguson" facebook page there is no mention of it. Of all people he should know that without both 48 Hour shows and facebook, he would not have gotten much of the momentum that helped him.

The local interview aired last night. Charles Erickson has a new attorney to try to help him. I would have thought that the same attorney Ryan used would have helped since she is already familiar with the case. Not so. The "Freed Ryan Ferguson" page seems to have turned into more of a "fan club" for Ryan than being instrumental in helping Charlie as he had promised. They spend more energy talking about his appearances being booked and upcoming MTV documentary and such. Just my opinion.

I agree, Amanda Knox's case and his were nothing alike. Amanda was NOT falsely convicted based on false confessions and no DNA evidence. Amanda was there, Ryan was not.
It really disappoints me that he's buying into her PR machine. Haven't decided whether to continue to follow him on Facebook or not.
P.S. I've looked at the evidence too, and I've followed her case since the beginning and I strongly think Amanda is a liar and is GUILTY! The MSM I see all buy into her PR machine about the poor little picked on American.

ITA. I am trying to think what effect her book would have if I didn't know of all the other evidence. For example, if Ryan just read her book, but doesn't know about the real evidence, or (to be politically correct), hasn't heard the other side of the story. In that case, it's very possible that she would appear believable and even come off as a sympathetic figure from her book. So if he has only heard her side, perhaps he saw her as innocent.

IMO, her book so very awkwardly deals with all the evidence points, that it would be obvious that she's lying, even without knowing the evidence against her. She jumps from evidence point to evidence point, IMO, just making excuses for each thing. IMO, it is pretty obvious that she's lying about everything directly related to the time of the murder and the murder.

So IDK, I am pretty perplexed by his very public support of her.

The local interview aired last night. Charles Erickson has a new attorney to try to help him. I would have thought that the same attorney Ryan used would have helped since she is already familiar with the case. Not so. The "Freed Ryan Ferguson" page seems to have turned into more of a "fan club" for Ryan than being instrumental in helping Charlie as he had promised. They spend more energy talking about his appearances being booked and upcoming MTV documentary and such. Just my opinion.

Perhaps he has mixed feelings about Erickson. I think he probably just wants to live his life for a little while, before dealing with everything, in terms of Erickson's case and everything.

IMO at this point he is attaching to high profile cases to book more public appearances. At this point how can he really be truthfully aware of all the merits to which he is speaking of. It takes attorneys months to come up to speed on cases to argue them. Other than him speaking in regard to his case, or Charlie's I don't know how he could speak for any others realistically.

jggordo,

With your concern about Charles Erickson I'd say you would be a great person to start a Facebook page to advocate for him and get his story out and keep it separate from Ryan Ferguson's page. Ryan is busy living his life and probably trying to work through issues and have some fun along the way which is what one would expect. He's not obligated to get Charles Erickson out of prison. So if you don't like the direction Ryan's supporters are going on his Facebook page, you could give Charles one of his own.

IMO at this point he is attaching to high profile cases to book more public appearances. At this point how can he really be truthfully aware of all the merits to which he is speaking of. It takes attorneys months to come up to speed on cases to argue them. Other than him speaking in regard to his case, or Charlie's I don't know how he could speak for any others realistically.

Good point. And if we think about it, what is he going to do? I mean, he will make a lot more money from speaking and writing a book, etc., then if he tries to find a regular job, which would be difficult for him in this situation, IMO. I mean, he can't find a professional-type job. And why would he want to do a regular job, when he can make money this other way?

So I agree with you.

In regards to the co-worker's blue car (I forgot what type it is) - I've wondered if they've checked any lakes and such around the area? Or it could be a distance from there, IDK. I would think he would have either taken it to one of those scrap yards (after cleaning it up), or dumped it into a lake somewhere.

Personally I think Charles Erickson had something to do with the murder and he threw Ryan under the bus because he didn't want to go down alone.

I personally don't care if Erickson serves out his sentence. He ruined Ryans life and the lives of all his family and denied the Heibolt family justice.

jggordo,

With your concern about Charles Erickson I'd say you would be a great person to start a Facebook page to advocate for him and get his story out and keep it separate from Ryan Ferguson's page. Ryan is busy living his life and probably trying to work through issues and have some fun along the way which is what one would expect. He's not obligated to get Charles Erickson out of prison. So if you don't like the direction Ryan's supporters are going on his Facebook page, you could give Charles one of his own.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Free-Charles-Erickson/443655105738671

This page was started not by me but was in November 2013. This page was endorsed by Ryan, and his Father is testifying in Mo State capital today regarding false confessions.

Good for him. He should enjoy everything he can. He had a decade of his life stolen from him. Meanwhile Heitholt's real murderer is still getting away with it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back