MO - Laclede Co., Hunter Finds Body in Box, Nov'08 - Sharon Sabla

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
wow, if she was around 5'5 or so and the box was only 4'5 long, she must have either been dismembered or folded up?
Isn't a body hard to fold after it is dead?

Yeah they did say she was folded up and parts were sticking out of the concrete (maybe her knees?). I would imagine after rigor mortis was finished and decomp started that you could bend the body easily. But she was easily identified as caucasian immediately so I would imagine that she was killed and immediately put into the box and dumped within 2 weeks time. JMO!

I wish they would release a picture of the woman, or at least a sketch. Or have they done this and I have just missed it?

I do not think anything has been released about this case in a long time. Why have they not released a sketch? The way LE is handling this case does not make much since to me. But, I am not in LE so, I am sure there is a method to their investigation that I am not privy to......

If they hadn't already found Christina Hubinsky, I would've guessed her since the description matches spot on.

Followup: Identity of body found in concrete is still unknown

LEBANON, Mo. -- Investigators still don't know the identity of the woman's body found by hunters last weekend in a box full of concrete near Lebanon. The Laclede County Sheriff's Department has reached out to national news media, hoping to make a match on a missing persons report.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/34974249.html

Coroner confirms in this article that she was dead for 10 days.

I wish they would release a picture of the woman, or at least a sketch. Or have they done this and I have just missed it?

I have not seen a sketch. I am wondering if the decomp. was too advanced to get a good likeness? Or maybe there was to much head trauma? They have released age, medical history, hair color length, etc........but, nothing about the color of her eyes. Is that unusual? I can not believe there has not been more about this case in the media.

I agree. I would like to know cause of death as well. But maybe they don't want to release that...

Eye color would be nice to know. I really wish we could hear more about the progress on the case. But I guess there has been none!

It's gotta be someone who was stay at home and killed by a spouse or significant other. A job would report her missing... I would be surprised if it was someone who was kept for a long time and then just randomly killed now... it's just too far-fetched IMO.

Someone has to be missing this woman! :(

Kathee posted in her blog that they weren't able to get a facial profile because of the concrete.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2008/11/laclede-county-sheriff-is-asking.html

PG~
Thanks for posting the link. I gues now we know why a sketch has not been released. I am with you, I can not believe no one has reported her missing. Due to LE asking for help from the media, makes me think they have exhausted all professional LE avenues of reported missing females of similar age and appearance. This is such a bizarre story. Has anyone heard anything on Nancy Grace or any of the other crime shows? I rarely watch tv so I am often outta the loop so to speak..........

UPDATES!

They still don't know who she is. They aren't releasing the cause of death because they want to notify next of kin first.

She had freshly manicured fingernails, was well-fed, and her body was preserved in the concrete. They were able to catch her fingerprints and DNA! They say the projected date of death was Nov. 5th. They also said that someone knows her... because of how well taken care of she was. She was probably involved in social circles.

I'll grab the link if I can find it. I just saw it on the news.

They said they contacted national news stations and many other areas and they've had call ins from Iowa and all over the nation.

They said that they know for sure she wasn't Renee something or other, a waitress that went missing elsewhere in MO. I'll find the link and post it in a bit.

It's not on KY3's website yet. It will probably be on ky3.com since they just talked about it a few minutes ago.

I just sent an email to the sheriff. I hope it's not her, but it would be good to solve the case so that this woman can be laid to rest.

Thanks, Kiva!

UPDATES!

They still don't know who she is. They aren't releasing the cause of death because they want to notify next of kin first.

She had freshly manicured fingernails, was well-fed, and her body was preserved in the concrete. They were able to catch her fingerprints and DNA! They say the projected date of death was Nov. 5th. They also said that someone knows her... because of how well taken care of she was. She was probably involved in social circles.

They said they contacted national news stations and many other areas and they've had call ins from Iowa and all over the nation.

They said that they know for sure she wasn't Renee something or other, a waitress that went missing elsewhere in MO. I'll find the link and post it in a bit.

It's not on KY3's website yet. It will probably be on ky3.com since they just talked about it a few minutes ago.

Thank-you for the update!!!
I hope this brings closure to the case and to the family of whoever this may be.

I am an occasional lurker and this is my first post, but this body found in a construction worker's toolbox and covered with concrete, so heavy, makes my fingers get itchy on the keyboard. :)

You are assuming that the perp has to have had a helper or heavy equipment and that isn't necessarily true. The toolbox could have already been in the bed of the pickup or other truck, and all he had to do was empty it, lift her body into it, mix the concrete and pour it over her, let it set and latch it up. Getting it off the truck isn't a problem either. An appliance dolly could easily lift it and tip it off an embankment. A man who works in construction wouldn't have any problem doing this by himself.

UPDATES!

Here is the KY3 lik: http://www.ky3.com/news/local/34974249.html

In my blog last week it states that she was well taken care of and very well manicured. This woman was someone that somebody would notice not being around.

Renee went missing from the Elks Lodge near Marshfield (just goin' on memory here) last year.

The victim, who remains unidentified, was a white female, 5-foot-5 to 5-foot-8, 135-150 pounds, light brown or brown hair 7-10 inches long, somewhere between 25-45 years old, no tattoos (lower legs/feet too decomposed for examination), hysterectomy scar, gall blatter had been removed, manicured nails, dental work, one piercing in each ear, and the hands were not callused. Victim was dressed in pajamas with no underwear or bra, no shoes or socks.
“We have checked all matching missing persons files in MULES and NCIC without a match,” Wrinkle said. “We have dental x-rays and a DNA profile is being done by Missouri State Highway Patrol lab.”

http://www.lakesunleader.com/news/x...ch-encased-in-cement-inside-a-plastic-toolbox

According to Sheriff Richard E. Wrinkle, a deputy found a black plastic tool box in a ditch along AA Highway, which leads to a camp ground frequented by Kansas City area residents. Upon inspection, the deputy saw that the box had two padlocks and an internal lock on it. He also detected a foul odor and saw liquid seeping from the box.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=161068

The more I read about Sabine Musil-Buehler, the more I think that it is very likely it could be her. The details surrounding her missing persons case have become more sinister, down to someone torching the hotel that she co-owned with her estranged husband. Her boyfriend has been in trouble for arson before and some strange men were caught with her car. They've found blood in her car along with pieces of upholstery that were removed.

If they were really desperate to cover it up by torching her hotel and removing pieces of her car, whose to say that they wouldn't put her in a box, cover her with concrete, and drop her off almost 20 hours away?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel
Back