Identified! MO - McDonald Co., 'Grace Doe' Fem Skeletal 784UFMO, 21-31, Dec'90 - Shawna Beth Garber

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think Grace Doe is a missing woman named Kelly Diane Sims. Kelly was last seen on October 16, 1990, before Grace Doe's supposed death. Both women were believed to have been abducted. Both women also had brown hair, Kelly was 5'4 at her disappearance, and Grace Doe was between 5'1 - 5'4. Kelly also weighed 120 lbs, and Grace Doe was approximately 120 lbs.

When I started questioning about this UID was white or could be Native American (#187) I was thinking of Kelly too. Kelly is Native American. Her family has a Facebook page for her Kelly Wright Sims Missing from Kelso, WA Since Oct. 16th, 1990 A couple of things that withhold me was the fact that Kelly left behind 3 children. In the profile of Grace Doe it's not mentioned that she gave birth. (does not 100% mean she didn't) Also the distance between missing and found is bothering me. All together it also makes me think Kelly met foul play closer to home, like other members suggest. But then again it's not totally impossible that Grace Doe is Kelly.

I read somewhere that reconstructing a nose from skeleton remains (being soft tissue) is always an approximate. But it is possible to "see" if the nose was turned up or down. Correct me if I'm wrong.

When I started questioning about this UID was white or could be Native American (#187) I was thinking of Kelly too. Kelly is Native American. Her family has a Facebook page for her Kelly Wright Sims Missing from Kelso, WA Since Oct. 16th, 1990 A couple of things that withhold me was the fact that Kelly left behind 3 children. In the profile of Grace Doe it's not mentioned that she gave birth. (does not 100% mean she didn't) Also the distance between missing and found is bothering me. All together it also makes me think Kelly met foul play closer to home, like other members suggest. But then again it's not totally impossible that Grace Doe is Kelly.

I don't think they've ever examined Grace Doe for those features. There is a way to show if they had given birth (at least twice) is a crease in the pelvic bone that is sliding outward. It's hard to describe though.

I don't think they've ever examined Grace Doe for those features. There is a way to show if they had given birth (at least twice) is a crease in the pelvic bone that is sliding outward. It's hard to describe though.

We don't know if they examined that. I've never seen the autopsy rapport. If they had examined this it would have shown UID gave birth. Knowing how much effort the detective investigating this case has made..it would surprised me if this was missed. But I agree. Still a big question-mark. That's why we cannot rule out Kelly for certain.

Does anybody know if Detective Lori Howard is still on the case? She's listed on the doenetwork but not on NAMUS as a contact. I would like to contact someone on the possibility of Grace Doe being submitted to the DNA Doe Network.

Does anybody know if Detective Lori Howard is still on the case? She's listed on the doenetwork but not on NAMUS as a contact. I would like to contact someone on the possibility of Grace Doe being submitted to the DNA Doe Network.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly...do you want to know the LE contact and ask if they submitted or can submit Grace Doe to the DNA Doe project?

That would be great! Per the screenshot attached, Detective Howard no longer works there. Maybe try messaging DeputyWise to see if they’re aware of DNA Doe Project?

Attachments

• 8E458502-FFD9-477E-AA24-292DBE99CACC.png
    8E458502-FFD9-477E-AA24-292DBE99CACC.png
    195.7 KB · Views: 12
I was searching online when I came across this woman Joann Rozelle. She was 29 when she went missing on June 14th, 1989 from Oklahoma City. There are some discrepancies like Joann was 5'6 and grace doe is thought to be between 5'1 and 5'4. Does anyone else think it could be a match? I'm new to online sleuthing for john/jane does.

Attachments

• joann.jpeg
    joann.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 25
I would not agree that she could be the Doe. Grace was approximately 5’1 - 5’4. The height automatically rules her out.

I would not agree that she could be the Doe. Grace was approximately 5’1 - 5’4. The height automatically rules her out.

Height is notoriously inaccurate in both missing persons descriptions and UID measurements. If Grace Doe was at the top end of the range, that's only a two-inch discrepancy with Joann Rozelle's reported height of 5'6".

JR's links:

Missing Person Case

That would be great! Per the screenshot attached, Detective Howard no longer works there. Maybe try messaging DeputyWise to see if they’re aware of DNA Doe Project?
Yes det. Howard worked the case very hard but she may not be in L.e. by now. I always presumed this was an N.a. case.

I was searching online when I came across this woman Joann Rozelle. She was 29 when she went missing on June 14th, 1989 from Oklahoma City. There are some discrepancies like Joann was 5'6 and grace doe is thought to be between 5'1 and 5'4. Does anyone else think it could be a match? I'm new to online sleuthing for john/jane does.

I don't know....maybe....What a horrible picture of her....it's a shame their are no other pictures available. It looks like she has a mole, but than again the UID body was to far decomposed to recognize this if there would have been any, I guess.

a 10th name was added to the exclusion list in NAMUS on August 23rd: Cristina Chandler

Grace Doe is the featured story today on theunidentified.org

The article also includes Lori Howard's list of exclusions. It indicates that McDonald County Sheriff's office is still in charge, though Det. Howard is no longer the contact.

Tiffany Sessions
Patricia Schmidt
Nadine Timm
Hazel Klug
Susan Swedell
Diane Elmore
Janet Knife
Gloria Palmer
Meredith Medina
Cristina Chandler Rhonda Baucom
Ashley Fuller Reed
Krista De La Rosa
Janet Dolgae
Cheryl Ann Kenney
Star Boomer
Karol Marlene Sullens
Jennifer Lynn Pandos

B.jpg A.jpg

There's a few interesting correlations between Grace Doe and Patricia Meehan.

- Height and weight match up almost perfectly (P = 5'3 and G = 5'3, P = 112-117 and G = 120).

- There's a slight discrepancy between hair colour, but it is noted that Grace Doe was considered to have a red tint to her hair colour, whereas Patricia Meehan is described as a strawberry blonde.

- I can't access the full Namus file since the website changed, but there's a strong chance these two haven't been compared as Patricia only has dental records according to the Doe Network, instead of a DNA match that could be obtained through a national database.

- The age is slightly off (P = 37 and G = 21-31), but one of the main notes on the file states that Patricia appears younger than her age.

- Patricia Meehan and Grace Doe both wore white high-top sneakers.

- There is no real limit to where Patricia Meehan could have gone, due to her potential state of amnesia. There are verified sightings of her movements indicating that she travelled between states in the aftermath of her disappearance, which could indicate that there is a chance of her ending up in Missouri. Furthermore, the fact that she had been seen for months and possibly years after her disappearance indicates that the time gap between her disappearance in 1989 and the finding of Grace Doe in late 1990 is a feasible possibility.

View attachment 148733 View attachment 148734

There's a few interesting correlations between Grace Doe and Patricia Meehan.

- Height and weight match up almost perfectly (P = 5'3 and G = 5'3, P = 112-117 and G = 120).

- There's a slight discrepancy between hair colour, but it is noted that Grace Doe was considered to have a red tint to her hair colour, whereas Patricia Meehan is described as a strawberry blonde.

- I can't access the full Namus file since the website changed, but there's a strong chance these two haven't been compared as Patricia only has dental records according to the Doe Network, instead of a DNA match that could be obtained through a national database.

- The age is slightly off (P = 37 and G = 21-31), but one of the main notes on the file states that Patricia appears younger than her age.

- Patricia Meehan and Grace Doe both wore white high-top sneakers.

- There is no real limit to where Patricia Meehan could have gone, due to her potential state of amnesia. There are verified sightings of her movements indicating that she travelled between states in the aftermath of her disappearance, which could indicate that there is a chance of her ending up in Missouri. Furthermore, the fact that she had been seen for months and possibly years after her disappearance indicates that the time gap between her disappearance in 1989 and the finding of Grace Doe in late 1990 is a feasible possibility.

Hi Tuck, it's best to put a link in for the MP Patricia Bernadette Meehan – The Charley Project

According to The lost and the found website (using the data from Namus) Patricia has DNA
The Lost & The Found

I just called Det. Howard to suggest these two possibles. Apparently, someone from this forum had already called them in, and Tammy Wilkinson as well.

Det. Howard mentioned that she just received a tip regarding a woman by the name of Wendy Smith. But she didn't have any info regarding DOB, or even the state that she was from. She thinks that this is a very strong possible.

She asked me to check my MP list to see if I had anyone on the list by that name, and all I could find was a Wendy Rene Smith from York, Ontario (Canada), who was missing in 1995 (after Grace Doe was found).

She says that the tipster told her that around the time that Grace Doe was found, there was a woman named Wendy Smith who was from out of state and living at a local motel. She might have been of mixed ancestry (not sure which races), and she had expensive dental work (as did Grace Doe).

Unfortunately, she doesn't have anything more specific. Wendy Smith is a pretty generic name, so if she is not listed as a MP it would be a needle in a haystack trying to find her, especially when you don't have an age or even a home state.

I asked Det. Howard if it was OK to post this information on the board, and she said "please do'.

By the way, Det. Howard says that they are getting the nucDNA back and Grace Doe will soon be in CODIS. Until now, all they had was mtDNA for manual comparison.

Hi Carl. Was there ever a follow up on this lead? Could it be that the Wendy she was talking about was Wendy Jamie Abrams-Nishikai Wendy Jamie Abrams-Nishikai – The Charley Project. She went missing from California on Halloween according to her file a year earlier (10/31/1989)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back