MO - Megan Meier, 13, Mentally Abused, Commits Suicide

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmm..I find the attorney's statement a little disingenuous. We can all agree that Lori Drew participated in the creation of the MySpace account and strategized with her daughter and employee on how best to monitor what was being said by Meghan regarding junior Drew...Lori has said as much in statements via her attorney. Clearly that could not happen if junior Drew logged in as herself, if Lori Drew logged in as herself or if the employee logged in as herself because the jig would be up. Therefore a fake identity would have to be created. It could easily have been a female identity, but a male one was created...not just a male, but a male who was "hot." If Lori was so shortsighted to participate in the strategy to begin with, I find it a little hard to believe that she sent the idea off into the world and didn't check in to see how it was going.n Or what was being said by her own underage daughter and employee-wasn't the reporting of the information the whole point?

Still on the fence here about this one...

So... her attorney issued the following statement:

<Contrary to statements reported in various news media around the nation in recent weeks, Lori Drew did not create or direct anyone to create the Josh Evans MySpace account. Although she was aware of the account, Lori Drew never sent any messages to Megan or to anyone else using this MySpace account.

Lori Drew was not aware of any mean, nasty or negative comments made by anyone against Megan until after Megan took her own life. In fact, the first negative message was sent by a teenager from another residence, and several other negative comments were made by other teenagers at different locations. The negative comments that were sent by the teenage girl at the Drew’s residence occurred when Lori was not home.

The Drew family is also sorry that their family, friends and neighbors have had to endure the stresses associated with the harassment directed toward the Drews.
There are many accusations that various members of the Drew family have created Web sites or are participating in Internet blogs regarding this matter. The Drews have not and will not participate in any Website or blog regarding this matter.
Any Internet message that purports to be a member of the Drew family is being managed by an imposter and undoubtedly is being done for the purpose of further damaging the Drew’s reputation.>

Are we all being mislead by hearsay? Is this the Salem witch trials revisited?
So.. if the idea that Lori Drew was behind all this (created a fake internet persona), and said all these things to Megan, is s LIE...... then who started that lie?? Do we even have any idea what is the real story in this case??

link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316049,00.html

BULL S***!

well.. honestly now i don't know what to believe. there is so much hype with this story and everyone in the country is calling for lori drew's head but the truth is-- we don't really KNOW the truth. and i certainly don't trust the media to tell the truth.... they just love a juicy story & don't care if it's accurate or not.
i saw the blog & at first glance, you would think it was her.... but just like with the 'josh' character.. we don't really know who is behind it. until i see proof, i'm not going to assume that is really lori drew.

and again, i do not think she is responsible for driving megan to suicide. megan is solely responsible for her suicide, not anyone else. it's not like she was beaten, tortured, raped, etc. it was a stupid, petty, catty, teenage rivalry thing.. and megan's parents should have taught her that a myspace 'romance' is not a REAL relationship and to take it with a grain of salt. and if people say (in real life or in myspace) 'you are a mean person, the world is better off w/o you' etc etc etc... that should not be enough to drive a person to go hang themselves. something was obviously very wrong to begin with.

until we are SURE we are hearing the real story (and not just a frenzy of rumors).... it looks to me like lori drew is just being made into a convenient scapegoat... the target of everyone's rage.

now if it turns out that she really DID write that blog (and everything she supposedly did is true), then i would have to agree with everyone's assessment of her. however... i still stand by my statement.

First time posting for me but I've lurked for a long time.

Now about Lori's lawyer saying she did not have anything to do with starting the fake myspace account. According to Lori's own statement to police (a copy appears on "The Smoking Gun") she states that she had Ashley help her make the fake my space so she could keep an eye on what Megan said about her daughter. Lori told police she instigated the Josh myspace account. For her to say she wasn't aware of what they were writing is a lie IMO because she told the police about some sexual conversation between Josh and Megan yet they continued. I think her lawyer is just trying to do some damage control in case of a civil suit. All IMO

I don't see how a grown woman can claim no responsibility when she set up an account, had some employee in on it, and was letting lots of children also post and someone impersonating a boy. Of course the whole point was to lure in the girl, spy a little, and then get cruel hateful revenge by suddenly dumping her and manipulating her mind by encouraging suicide. All the little brats posting and spying were probably being ugly and hateful in school to further along the mental abuse.

Now what would really bring this thing full circle for me would be if husband/daddy drew was responsible for meghanhaditcoming!!:crazy:

Now about Lori's lawyer saying she did not have anything to do with starting the fake myspace account. According to Lori's own statement to police (a copy appears on "The Smoking Gun") she states that she had Ashley help her make the fake my space so she could keep an eye on what Megan said about her daughter. Lori told police she instigated the Josh myspace account. For her to say she wasn't aware of what they were writing is a lie IMO because she told the police about some sexual conversation between Josh and Megan yet they continued. I think her lawyer is just trying to do some damage control in case of a civil suit. All IMO

Welcome aboard blueyes! Great first post! You're exactly right, she did file a police report and stated that SHE created the myspace and SHE interacted with Megan to see if Megan was being mean to her baby! Now she's back peddlin' and probably wishin' she never filed that report!

Welcome to Websleuths, blueyes!

well.. honestly now i don't know what to believe. there is so much hype with this story and everyone in the country is calling for lori drew's head but the truth is-- we don't really KNOW the truth. and i certainly don't trust the media to tell the truth.... they just love a juicy story & don't care if it's accurate or not.
i saw the blog & at first glance, you would think it was her.... but just like with the 'josh' character.. we don't really know who is behind it. until i see proof, i'm not going to assume that is really lori drew.

This is where I am, reb. It is all very confusing.

I do think Drew was involved to an extent, but I don't know what extent. I do think if Drew was involved and had a smidgeon of sense, she would apologize for any involvement - however minimal.

But I also think that has been blown up all over the place and it is hard to figure out what really happened.

This is where I am, reb. It is all very confusing.

I do think Drew was involved to an extent, but I don't know what extent. I do think if Drew was involved and had a smidgeon of sense, she would apologize for any involvement - however minimal.

But I also think that has been blown up all over the place and it is hard to figure out what really happened.

In this way-Lori is a lucky woman...hear me out. I think that all of the hoopla, vindictive behavior and media circus has created as much empathy as vitriol for this woman who may or may not have intentionally driven this girl off the deep end simply because she was pissed at her. I am not saying that is what happened, but I think that when the "dust settles" and you look at some of the undisputed facts, it is more likely than not that Lori Drew was perfectly aware of all that went on and encouraged the bulk of it. Her statement is so telling "I was relieved to find out that Meghan had tried suicide before." after Meghan died? She is an idiot, at the very least.

Oh the irony. from the links it is a bit of deja vu:

The woman's family believes the postings are an effort to damage its reputation following the death of Megan Meier.
A blog entitled "Megan Had It Coming" surfaced more than two weeks ago. Earlier this week, the person writing the blog claimed the messages were being written by Lori Drew.
Lori Drew's attorney said Friday that she is not the writer.
The St. Charles County sheriff's department is investigating the blog postings on Blogger.com to see whether a crime has been committed, a spokesman said.
"Any Internet message that purports to be a member of the Drew family is being managed by an impostor and undoubtedly is being done for the purpose of further damaging the Drews' reputation," the family said in a statement.

The real twist:

Since then, the Drews have been besieged with negative publicity, and Meier's death prompted her hometown of Dardenne Prairie to adopt a law engaging in Internet harassment a misdemeanor.
Now, elected officials say the law's first use could be to prevent possible harassment against the Drews.

what does it take to set up a blog? I assume Name, address, phone number and an email address...all could be found pretty easily if someone were impersonating Lorie. Aren't there costs involved? It must be pretty easy to determine if everything lines up...

what does it take to set up a blog? I assume Name, address, phone number and an email address...all could be found pretty easily if someone were impersonating Lorie. Aren't there costs involved? It must be pretty easy to determine if everything lines up...

You don't need all that.
Just an email address and user name and most are free.

Thanks for the welcome.

IMO the evidence of Lori writing the blog comes from how she was protecting her daughter. She was extremely upset when comments were accusing her daughter, almost like a Mother bear protecting it's young. It could be a hoax but I find that hard to believe.

<It could be a hoax but I find that hard to believe.>

why do you find that hard to believe? it's no harder to believe than the 'josh' scenario being fake. nobody really knows what is real and what isn't out there in the net world. god, it's hard enough to know in real life when people are being honest, much less on the web.
it's interesting that people are so eager to hate this woman and have her head on a platter.. i can certainly believe that someone else (some vengeful neighbor-mom in her church group or something).. or someone who has a vendetta against lori might do it just to make her look bad. the title is almost too much to believe.. that she would really start a blog like that.

it's quite possible the lawyer is lying along with her.
but it's also possible the website (and all the stuff she supposedly said on it) is 100% fake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking
Back