Found Deceased MO - Nicole Shalee Mallatt, 36, Butler, Bates County, 26 Nov 2019 *endangered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
78040785_2557432287678030_7593010074860126208_n.jpg

--.jpg

On 12/2/19, at around 11am, the Bates County Sheriffs Office activated the Southwest Major Case Squad to assist in locating a missing person. The missing person is Nicole Shalee Mallatt. Nicole was last seen or heard from on November 26,2019.
Members from Lamar Pd, NEVADA Pd, Vernon County Sheriffs Office, Cedar County Sheriffs Office, Butler Police Department and Bates County Sheriffs Office have set up a command center at the Sheriffs Office training building.

The Sheriff’s Office has also requested assistance from the Cass County Disaster Emergency Response Team, Digital Investigations, the UAV Unit and the Bates County Sheriffs Posse to assist with searching the ground and waterways around the residence where Mallatt was last know to be.

If you have any information about the whereabouts of Nicole Mallatt please contact the Bates County Sheriffs Office at 660-679-3232.

Bates County Sheriff's Office

Mid America Live: Missing From Butler

MISSING: Bates County Sheriff’s Office asking for help to locate woman missing for more than week

Note:date discrepancy, Nov 25 & 26, using the date from the police release.

Deputies, family & volunteers search for missing woman in Bates County

Deputies in Bates County are asking for the public’s help in locating a mother of four.

According to the sheriff’s office, Nicole Shalee Mallatt was last in contact with friends and family on November 26.

Mallatt texted one of her daughters last Tuesday saying she was leaving for a few hours, but she never came back.

The family says Mallatt also texted a sister in law asking if she could stay at her house, but she never showed up.

Mallatt was last seen late Tuesday night on a gravel road.

The family suspects foul play was a factor.
Law enforcement says they’ve found no evidence of a crime, but the circumstances of this case are suspicious.

Lets hope she found a safe place to stay and maybe just needed some time for herself.

The holidays around Thanksgiving and Christmas, for many reasons, can sometimes be very depressing for lots of people.

Lets hope she is found safe very soon.

December 3, 2019
Search underway in Bates County for mom of four who’s been missing for a week

Investigators in Bates County are expected to continue their search for a missing mom of four on Wednesday.

[...]

The Bates County Sheriff’s Office called in the Southwest Major Case Squad on Monday. They’ve been canvassing the area around a 240-acre farm Mallatt shares with her boyfriend and four children.

“[Tuesday morning] we started doing a ground search with drones, water boats and volunteers,” said Sheriff Chad Anderson, standing near an empty field near Mallatt’s home. “The scene behind me, we found an article of clothing. We’re not sure whose it is or where it belongs.”

[...]

...those who know Mallatt are cooperating with their investigation, including her ex-husband, who was the last known person to speak with her.

“We just want to make sure that we’re eliminating any locations possible and still holding hope that she’s at friend or neighbor’s house,” Anderson said.

[...]

Authorities in Bates County search waterway near where missing woman lives

[...]

The Bates County sheriff has taped off both sides of one section of a body of water just across the street from the house where Nicole Mallatt, 36, lived.

"Well, it's just a very nervous situation," said Mary Martin, Mallatt's mother-in-law.

Martin called 911 when Mallatt mysteriously missed Thanksgiving.

"We had talked about what we were going to cook," Martin said.

[...]

Mallatt's four children are between 11 and 17 years old. They were the last to see or hear from her on Nov. 26 when she said she was going to play pool with a friend.

[...]

People close to the family said it is not unusual for Mallatt to leave for periods of time but that, in the past, she had always stayed in contact.

"She doesn't have to call me. She doesn't have to call Brad. She doesn't even have to call her parents, but she needs to make a phone call to her children," Martin said.

[...]

Mysterious indeed, not showing up for big family holiday with no contact is a huge red flag.. once I skipped thanksgiving and Christmas due to mental health issues, but I made sure to tell my parents that I wouldn’t be there.
So who was friend that she went to play pool with? Did she arrive? Other witnesses? Also said above that she was last seen on a gravel road, I’m wondering who saw her on road and the timeline. She started a relationship in sept, was he supposed to be at thanksgiving? Was he the person she was meeting to play pool? Any contention with ex/father of her children? Under the relationship post someone with an empty profile asked her twice to unblock them..

According to the sheriff in the PC she “lived” (yes, past tense?) with her bf of 18 years and they’re currently searching a lot of acres near their rural property..
How was he not the one to report her missing is my question..

Last edited:

You will have to scroll down for the update from Sheriff Chad Anderson of Bates County Missouri. He gives lot of Info and some he can not give. Both current and ex-husband have cooperated.

From the press conference update

"so far we have recovered Nicole's phone, backpack with her wallet, and a pair of shoes" :(

3 hrs ·

Press Conference:
In reference to missing person Nicole Mallatt.

My name is Chad Anderson, I am the Sheriff of Bates County. We are here today in reference to the missing person Nicole Mallatt. Nicole is a 36 year old white female. She is approximately 5'3" and a 120 pounds. He has long brown hair.

Nicole was last seen on November 26, 2019 at approximately 7:40 p.m. Nicole is the mother of 3 children that range from 11 to 16 years old.

The Sheriff's Office received a missing person report on Friday November 29, 2019 at approximately 4:30 p.m. Deputies began generating leads and following up on them. On Monday morning the the Command Staff met and reviewed the case. A decision was made to activate the Southwest Missouri Major Case Squad. The Major Case Squad is composed of law enforcement from Bates County, Vernon County, St. Clair County, Barton County, Cedar County and the municipalities within those counties. It also includes the MSHP. Investigators with the Major Case Squad has extensive training and experience in major investigations. We typically activate the squad when we have numerous leads to follow up on in a short period of time. This also allows for overview and direction of the investigation.

We are currently on our 7th day of the Investigation., So far we have recovered Nicole's phone, backpack and a pair of shoes. We have served a search warrant on Nicole's residence. That residence has been processed by the KCPD crime lab.

Our search has centered around the 220 acre property that she lived on with her boyfriend of 18 years. We have since moved our search to surrounding farms close to the residence. We will continue ground search until we no longer have any indication that our searches will produce evidence to her whereabouts.

I would like to address Nicole if she is watching now. "Nicole if you are watching me, you do not owe us an answer. If you have just decided to leave, I ask that you go to the nearest law enforcement agency and let them identify you so that we can offer closure to your family and friends. Our goal is to ensure you are safe and alive."

"To Nicole's family and friends, we will not rest until we have answers for you."

At this time I will take a few questions from the media.

So what made the Sheriff decide to activate the Major Case Squad?

Last edited:
Few highlights from PC.
  • Nicole's phone was found on the road close to her home.
  • Reporter asked if Nicole has a history of being a domestic violence victim, Sheriff declined to answer.
  • Phone, backpack & shoes were all found within 100 yds of each other and within a 1/4 mile of her home.
  • Boyfriend of 18 years has been cooperative.
  • Processing evidence found in the home, nothing that indicates something "nefarious" happened to her.
  • Cadaver dogs were on scene two days ago.

So far we have recovered Nicole's phone, backpack and a pair of shoes. We have served a search warrant on Nicole's residence. That residence has been processed by the KCPD crime lab.

so her things were recovered from where? MOO

Few highlights from PC.
  • Nicole's phone was found on the road close to her home.
  • Reporter asked if Nicole has a history of being a domestic violence victim, Sheriff declined to answer.
  • Phone, backpack & shoes were all found within 100 yds of each other and within a 1/4 mile of her home.
  • Boyfriend of 18 years has been cooperative.
  • Processing evidence found in the home, nothing that indicates something "nefarious" happened to her.
  • Cadaver dogs were on scene two days ago.
thank you, you just answered my last post

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit