Deceased/Not Found MO - Renee Pernice, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - *S. Pernice guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am just wondering if police are trying to keep things quite so that Shon will relax a bit in hopes he will slip up. He seems to have a hard time keeping his mouth shut...likes to brag. From a psychological point of view it would make sense that if he isn't getting any coverage, he would be more inclined to say somthing to someone or do something out of the ordinary to give police a clue. KCMO has a pretty good Homicide squad. I know that they are often called into other local areas to consult on other homicides. They must know something or have a plan. I just hope so because the silence is deafening.

We can hope that Glitterflits, but we have Lisa Stebic and Stacey Peterson.....there seems to be more evidence, but will they wait for a body, as the police did in the Laci Peterson case ??

O.K., here's my thought...The cell phone drop was definitely a distraction from the area where Renee is. I wouldn't even be surprised if someone else dropped the phone, like his mother since it was found close to her house. That would give Shon the opportunity to dump (I hate typing that) Renee and go to the HazMat station. If he wasn't too smart, he would have had his cell phone with him and the police would be able to ping it to see his route. Hopefully that is the case. He could have also gotten rid of her (hate typing that too) when he went to pick up his daughter. I don't remember seeing anything on where the daughter lives. Do we know what area that is in? I think picking her up was to supply him with an alibi or to make him look like a caring parent.

We can hope that Glitterflits, but we have Lisa Stebic and Stacey Peterson.....there seems to be more evidence, but will they wait for a body, as the police did in the Laci Peterson case ??

Hard to say. I'm sure that is the hope...that they can find the body. It would make a stronger case.

O.K., here's my thought...The cell phone drop was definitely a distraction from the area where Renee is. I wouldn't even be surprised if someone else dropped the phone, like his mother since it was found close to her house. That would give Shon the opportunity to dump (I hate typing that) Renee and go to the HazMat station. If he wasn't too smart, he would have had his cell phone with him and the police would be able to ping it to see his route. Hopefully that is the case. He could have also gotten rid of her (hate typing that too) when he went to pick up his daughter. I don't remember seeing anything on where the daughter lives. Do we know what area that is in? I think picking her up was to supply him with an alibi or to make him look like a caring parent.

I'm not sure if I have the timeline straight, but I had the impression that when Shon was at the Hazmat Station @ 4:30 in the morning, the 3 kids were left at home. The daughter evidently spent the night, because her mother commented about the Pernice van being out in the driveway when she picked her up in the morning. So I'm thinking the 11 year old was the unknowing (asleep) babysitter to her younger half-brothers while Shon was out, to clean up after the dirty work.

7010 N. Holmes is the Gladstone PD. I thought at first that that was Shon's mother's house, but it's not. I don't want to post her address publicly but it can be found by going to Missouri Casenet and putting in her name. Her first name is Marsha.

Also, the "unidentified woman" whose photo the police put out - her name is public now - you can find her address by going to jococourts.org and searching for her name under civil court records.

The Hazmat address is 11301 E. 35th in Independence. There is a Missouri National Guard at 7600 Ozark Road in Kansas City, which is close to the Truman Sports Complex and this was discussed at the kansascity.com site, that that area is heavily wooded and that if the body were on military/government property, then that would take it out of the jurisdiction of the local police.

I haven't had any problems with maps. I've used google earth and microsoft earth and just plain google maps, no problem. I have Vista.

I'm not sure if I have the timeline straight, but I had the impression that when Shon was at the Hazmat Station @ 4:30 in the morning, the 3 kids were left at home. The daughter evidently spent the night, because her mother commented about the Pernice van being out in the driveway when she picked her up in the morning. So I'm thinking the 11 year old was the unknowing (asleep) babysitter to her younger half-brothers while Shon was out, to clean up after the dirty work.

That's exactly what I think. Shon picked up the daughter because he wanted her to babysit while he was tying up loose ends that night, he just didn't tell her she was babysitting. I think he did that so if the boys woke up she would be there, whereas if no one was there they might be scared and call a friend or family of Renee's, or the police.

I don't think the cell phone was found close to his mother's house. I may be wrong, but I think she lives up north, not in northeast Kansas City. But Shon DOES have connections to that area. I know that for a fact because in about 1984-1985 I lived half a block from where that phone was found, on East 6th street, and Shon's paternal grandparents lived across the street from us. His father at that time would have been 30-ish so had moved out of the house, but did visit. I lived between Chestnut and Gladstone and his grandparents across the street. Also, on another blog someone who knows Shon says that he always bragged about being the nephew of Willie the Rat (mafia - William Cammisano). Well, WILLIE THE RAT'S HOUSE WAS JUST A FEW HOUSES DOWN FROM US. So I don't know if Shon had just been told about Willie the Rat by his dad/grandparents and concocted a story about Willie the Rat being his uncle, or if he really was (I doubt it), but the point is Shon definitely has connections to that exact location where the phone was found.

I am just wondering if police are trying to keep things quite so that Shon will relax a bit in hopes he will slip up. He seems to have a hard time keeping his mouth shut...likes to brag. From a psychological point of view it would make sense that if he isn't getting any coverage, he would be more inclined to say somthing to someone or do something out of the ordinary to give police a clue. KCMO has a pretty good Homicide squad. I know that they are often called into other local areas to consult on other homicides. They must know something or have a plan. I just hope so because the silence is deafening.

I agree 100%!:yes:

"Thank you" Drivenon and SeriouslySearching for offering those maps. 'Very' kind of you :)

The boys were spending the night at a neighbors...Shon took them over and asked if they could stay so he and Renee could have an evening/night alone before he went to his 2 week training. The next day the older girl's mom noticed that Renee's van when she dropped her daughter off. The girl then called/or texted/or emailed her mom that night to come and get her because Renee wasn't there and she had an uncomfortable feeling and didn't want to spend the night.
I think I have that right...correct me if I am wrong...I need to go back and make sure.

The boys were spending the night at a neighbors...Shon took them over and asked if they could stay so he and Renee could have an evening/night alone before he went to his 2 week training. The next day the older girl's mom noticed that Renee's van when she dropped her daughter off. The girl then called/or texted/or emailed her mom that night to come and get her because Renee wasn't there and she had an uncomfortable feeling and didn't want to spend the night.
I think I have that right...correct me if I am wrong...I need to go back and make sure.

I think it went like this: On what turned out to be Renee's last night; the boys went to a neighbors, & (step)daughter was with her own mom.

The next day, after supposedly seeing Renee before she "left" at 9 am, Shon went to pick up the daughter (around noon?) and took her to the Pernice home. That evening at 9:30, the girl emailed her mom that she was ready to come home, & she was worried because Renee was not there. ( But it doesn't appear that the mom came and picked the girl up that night, not sure why, maybe didn't get the email?)

Later that night, around midnight, homeless guy finds Renee's cell phone. At 4:30 am, Shon enters the Hazmat Fire Station. The mystery pickup is captured on video (time?).

Then later in the morning (Saturday Jan. 3rd), the girl's mother comes to pick her up & notices that the Pernice family van is sitting out in the driveway, which is unusual because the van is always in the garage.

Renee's father reports her missing that day, and the family uses the key that Renee gave them for emergencies, to go to the house with the police, to see if there was anything at the house that would help them find her.

In the afternoon (still Saturday the 3rd), the homeless guy decides to try calling one of the numbers in Renee's cell phone. (Thank God it was her sister's number, not Shon!)

Thank you NRN for the timeline update! Having it altogether makes it easier to study.

You're welcome!:) I pray she will be found soon. Last night, Greta VanSusteren had a brief piece on the Shon Pernice/Star Boomer connection. I wondered if any of the witnesses in the bar that night (who all evidently declined to testify) are troubled by Renee's disappearance and are thinking about coming forward with what they know about Star. The bar patrons may not be a real savory bunch, but surely some of them have a conscience?!

You're welcome!:) I pray she will be found soon. Last night, Greta VanSusteren had a brief piece on the Shon Pernice/Star Boomer connection. I wondered if any of the witnesses in the bar that night (who all evidently declined to testify) are troubled by Renee's disappearance and are thinking about coming forward with what they know about Star. The bar patrons may not be a real savory bunch, but surely some of them have a conscience?!

I hope so. What I find interesting about cold cases is how they are solved years later because alliances and loyalty change. People who were friends back then no longer are, etc. And then there is their conscience that's been eating at them all these years. Keeping my fingers crossed for Renee and Star.

bumping for Renee! I live in Leavenworth and go to a small gym here every morning. One of the other ladies that goes is also a nursing instructor in KCK and we talk about this every morning! I cannot believe that she has not been found yet and also am amazed that it is not really being covered by the media much.

Being a fellow sister nurse.... this story has really touched me more than most and I hope Renee is found very, very soon!

I definately think that should be searched. But I am feeling this guy was a medic and military man. Id bet she is in the National Guard area where he would know it is next to impossible to get a civillian search warrant and the military would not be thrilled to have this guy exposed amongst their ranks.
Hope I am wrong..

I don't know...I think actually the military is quick to punish anyone in their ranks that has done something wrong. And they aren't going to look too fondly on the fact that he impersonated a SEAL.

From my own personal experience I know of a case where a 27 year old in the military was having sex with a 15 year old. The girl's parents went to local police, who weren't much help. The military was another story. The took it very seriously.

Was that a biker bar or what? (on 49th and Metropolitan in KCK where Star Boomer disappeared from.) Did Shon run with a gang of bikers back then?

I think it went like this: On what turned out to be Renee's last night; the boys went to a neighbors, & (step)daughter was with her own mom.

The next day, after supposedly seeing Renee before she "left" at 9 am, Shon went to pick up the daughter (around noon?) and took her to the Pernice home. That evening at 9:30, the girl emailed her mom that she was ready to come home, & she was worried because Renee was not there. ( But it doesn't appear that the mom came and picked the girl up that night, not sure why, maybe didn't get the email?)

Later that night, around midnight, homeless guy finds Renee's cell phone. At 4:30 am, Shon enters the Hazmat Fire Station. The mystery pickup is captured on video (time?).

Then later in the morning (Saturday Jan. 3rd), the girl's mother comes to pick her up & notices that the Pernice family van is sitting out in the driveway, which is unusual because the van is always in the garage.

Renee's father reports her missing that day, and the family uses the key that Renee gave them for emergencies, to go to the house with the police, to see if there was anything at the house that would help them find her.

In the afternoon (still Saturday the 3rd), the homeless guy decides to try calling one of the numbers in Renee's cell phone. (Thank God it was her sister's number, not Shon!)
Thank you, NRN, for the clarification on the exact timeline of events. I looked last night but couldn't find the article I had read listing them. Your timeline gives me an even more details than I had originally read.
Are you an RN? Did you know Renee?

Thank you, NRN, for the clarification on the exact timeline of events. I looked last night but couldn't find the article I had read listing them. Your timeline gives me an even more details than I had originally read.
Are you an RN? Did you know Renee?
Hi, I'm glad the timeline is helpful, I had been poring over everything I could find about the case, and since different bits of information were released at different times, it was an aha! for me when I finally got them in what I believe to be the correct sequence. I had been following this blog for several days & was impressed by the insights & fact-finding (& maps!) of the people who post here.

Yes, I'm an RN, but in Nebraska, I never met Renee, but her story has just gripped me since I heard the first "missing" report on the radio, (I remember being almost relieved to hear that her husband was not a suspect at the time! I think it is just so overwhelming how many times this scenario gets replayed, year after year...)

After the first few reports, the story kind of dropped off the radar, so I had to go looking on the internet to find out if there were any leads. It is disappointing to me that Renee's story isn't getting more media coverage. I had a bad first marriage to a scary guy, and I think the thing I identify with the most is the aspect of Renee's kids being her life, she would NEVER go off without them. I share the feeling of many of the posters on this blog, that there is a serious reason to be concerned about the welfare of the children in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back