MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other Detectives disagreed with him though . His hunches certainly haven’t brought in arrests and that’s always been the issue.
he admits evidence isnt there but how do you know hes not right? hes the sole investigator at that time so what does it matter what others think?

these are years of investigating every credible lead....not "hunches"

no...I already posted the article that detective thomas (lead on the case at the time) claimed to know what happened. couple it with the press release (vague to your eyes but not really...its a specific person).

you are not reading all the info available on this case and asking others to do the leg work. I'll post this one more time....but done posting repeated info..

from June 7, 1994 newsleader article attached

I never said you didn't post the article, i said you didn't link me the article because you didn't. You said absolutely nothing about this article when you claimed the press release said they know who did it, so how the hell was i supposed to know you're supposed to compare two articles to reach your conclusion?

That is still so vague and could have easily changed once new information came to light. LE often push hopefuly narratives to keep the public off their back. How long ago was that article published?

Thanks for posting it btw, i genuinely didn't see it the first time.

Does anyone know if there was ever a clarification on why LE was looking for person/s who had seen a ‘blue 90’ Mitsubishi Eclipse’ or an ‘older model Cutlass or Grand Prix’ the night of June 6th/morning of June 7th?

This was in the local Springfield newspaper after.

Does anyone know if there was ever a clarification on why LE was looking for person/s who had seen a ‘blue 90’ Mitsubishi Eclipse’ or an ‘older model Cutlass or Grand Prix’ the night of June 6th/morning of June 7th?

I think it was because: At one point in the evening the girls took a ride from one party to another, then back in the Gran Prix. The other would be to follow up on the possible gas station sighting of Sherrill; in which she was suspected of looking for The girls.

Happy new year you fcking failure :)

one more nugget for you

I have no beef with Thomas but he is also the genius who thought it was such a good idea to remove Garrison from a secure facility, put him into an unlocked hotel room where Garrison merely walked from the unguarded room down the hall to go on and brutally rape that college student.

Personally, I don’t put any credence in his theories or surmise. I don’t want to be overly cynical but with Garrison out on the loose, he was at great risk of being gunned down while attempting to escape. Had that occurred, it is not inconceivable the case would have been closed over 25 years ago with the “main suspect” dead and buried.

You’re quite sure that nothing happened at the graduation parties, I assume you did do the the research and interviews stated above. If you could enlighten me on the following, I would be able to move on to other suspects.

1. Where was MH between the time the girls left and when he and JK arrived at Suzies? What was HIS alibi?

2. Why hasn’t MH spoken about his version of the night, it’s always JK telling the story. Why haven’t the SPD ever commented on what he said happened?

3. Another Kickapoo grad C. King, lived across the street from Stacy, reported his car stolen, a red Chevy cavalier, on Monday June 8, one day after the girls were reported missing. Was his car ever found? If so, where did they find it?

4. What make, model and color vehicles did MH, BJ and Dusty Drive?

5. Did the police ever search all of Butterfield Place? On the Greene County Recorder there was a deed from KG(BJ mom) to RK(JK dad) in 2013, this was Butterfield #7. In 2009 there was a deed from DG(BJ stepfather) to RK again, this one was for Butterfield #1. The Kirby’s lived in Butterfield Place #2. This was a lot of land, was it thoroughly searched early on? All three properties are still owned by Kirby family members.
How many acres of land is this? Would any of that land have been very secluded with no one on it that night? Has anyone ever answered your last question?

I have no beef with Thomas but he is also the genius who thought it was such a good idea to remove Garrison from a secure facility, put him into an unlocked hotel room where Garrison merely walked from the unguarded room down the hall to go on and brutally rape that college student.

Personally, I don’t put any credence in his theories or surmise. I don’t want to be overly cynical but with Garrison out on the loose, he was at great risk of being gunned down while attempting to escape. Had that occurred, it is not inconceivable the case would have been closed over 25 years ago with the “main suspect” dead and buried.
Regarding Detective Thomas and Garrison in the hotel........things arent always as they appear..

How many acres of land is this? Would any of that land have been very secluded with no one on it that night? Has anyone ever answered your last question?
Why would Butterfield acreage need to be checked ? Janelle and Mike has alibis and just merely discovered them. Her story doesn’t change from her 48 Hours interview, her 2002 10 year interview archived on KY3.com. Her 2012 Disappeared interview....all the same. The original reporting was a Newsleader issue....not Janelle issue....she didnt have anything to do with it so there’s no reason digging up every house on butterfield drive. She was brought through the wringer by the cops early on....it got nothing

you think just because deeds were passed down to family members equals guilt???? This is why things aren’t solved on forums. Like Mule forcing his monkeymann theory....you all force JK theory without researching if any of it is true or not or questioning people close to her etc.....you slander repeatedly with zero consequences for your actions

It was clarified later that it was to see if anyone could corroborate the sightings at the various convenience stores....

Why would Butterfield acreage need to be checked ? Janelle and Mike has alibis and just merely discovered them. Her story doesn’t change from her 48 Hours interview, her 2002 10 year interview archived on KY3.com. Her 2012 Disappeared interview....all the same. The original reporting was a Newsleader issue....not Janelle issue....she didnt have anything to do with it so there’s no reason digging up every house on butterfield drive. She was brought through the wringer by the cops early on....it got nothing

you think just because deeds were passed down to family members equals guilt???? This is why things aren’t solved on forums. Like Mule forcing his monkeymann theory....you all force JK theory without researching if any of it is true or not or questioning people close to her etc.....you slander repeatedly with zero consequences for your actions
I'm not accusing Janelle or Mike of anything. I'm just asking more about a previous post. Anyone could have taken those women anywhere. Why not check to see what was previously searched? Someday if a body is found on a piece of property, that doesn't mean the owner of the property had anything to do with it. I have no way of knowing who did this so I won't be accusing anyone. Never have, never will.

no...I already posted the article that detective thomas (lead on the case at the time) claimed to know what happened. couple it with the press release (vague to your eyes but not really...its a specific person).

you are not reading all the info available on this case and asking others to do the leg work. I'll post this one more time....but done posting repeated info..

from June 7, 1994 newsleader article attached

From one of the news article clippings: Thomas - "I've known what precipitated this thing from almost day one"

That's quite a statement, if those are his actual words. Precipitated, to me, would indicate that another event, altercation, circumstance, etc. at some previous time resulted in the 6/7/94 early morning disappearance of the women, as opposed to this being just a random stand-alone "unprecipitated" crime. Someone targeted them not randomly but specifically, and due to a previous situation. He also knew about it from almost day one? I'm very intrigued as to what he knew so early on. I wish we knew who or what was his focus those first few days.

My recollection is that it turned out that the dog was running loose in the house when Janelle arrived. There was some discussion about the dog being locked in the bathroom or possibly closet accounting for the shoes being in disarray.

That brings up an interesting question. I thought on one video that Janelle said she had never been to the home before and the dog reportedly jumped into her arms when Janelle and Mike arrived as though the dog recognized her. My memory could of course be faulty.

Hmmmmm. Someone help me here.
I had been trying to match the missing women to some of the unidentified jane does that have been found since then. The only sites that seem to have anything are Doenetwork and Namus. Only a handful are even listed. According to wikipedia, and other sites, there are many hundreds of unidentified deceased persons in the U.S. Does anyone know of any other website that would show composite drawings and descriptions of those unidentified people? I would like to hope that these missing women, and other victims, have been found but not yet identified. It would be great if we could start matching up and identifying these victims.

I had been trying to match the missing women to some of the unidentified jane does that have been found since then. The only sites that seem to have anything are Doenetwork and Namus. Only a handful are even listed. According to wikipedia, and other sites, there are many hundreds of unidentified deceased persons in the U.S. Does anyone know of any other website that would show composite drawings and descriptions of those unidentified people? I would like to hope that these missing women, and other victims, have been found but not yet identified. It would be great if we could start matching up and identifying these victims.

It seems like very few Jane Does are given composite drawings or even have details about how they were found. I got the impression it was from what little is found of many Does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member