Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

phimadp

Reaction score
Greetings!

This is a longshot I am sure, but why not throw it out there.

Martha Kay wampler was killed on December 10, 1969 in St. Charles, MO. No one was ever charged. Donna Green, her roommate was also killed. Only real interesting thing of note is the gold 1970 impala and the peace sign written in lipstick on the mirror. That at least tells me that there might be a possibility of a serial killer, but that is not gauranteed. I tried some googling of any killers who might have left a similar calling card, but no luck yet.

She was a childhood friend of my mother. After discussing it with her, I told her it couldn't hurt to post this here and see if anyone has any tips, comments, etc.

Again, I know it is a longshot, but if anyone has any ideas for me to try and get more info on this, I would appreciate the help.

I will probably reach out to the PD to see if they even bother to keep any of the evidence after this long. I am not going to pursue it too far at this point, as I am having my uncle reach out to the last remaining family member to get permission to do some inquiries. Google results in only one image which is below from newspapers.com(Ancestry):

1724084221421.png

Martha_Wampler_murdered.jpg

Attachments

• 1724084216174.png
    1724084216174.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
In 1989, the cops say they know who it is, although they don’t mention him by name, and frustratingly, newspapers.com doesn’t seem to have anything about the case after this date.

Attachments

In 1989, the cops say they know who it is, although they don’t mention him by name, and frustratingly, newspapers.com doesn’t seem to have anything about the case after this date.
Thanks for this! More info than I had before.

Every now and the when in the area or sometimes just a random memory comes to mind I google the names of the victims and never really find much on this case. Few of the same clippings as shared above are pretty much all I find as well.

I grew up on the same street about 10 houses away, although not at the times the murders happened but years later. It was always a mystery to those around during that time and as we got older you started hearing a bit more and more from the older folks who were still around. Keep in mind our street's school bus stop was at the actual corner that the home where the murder took place, sometimes we would stand under the overhang of the garage when it was raining so I was forced to kind of think of it often. As I got older and learned more about what had happened there all those years ago I spent many mornings waiting for the bus staring at that front door wondering if it was someone who was still around, possibly looking at me at that same moment knowing they were never caught. I never knew the new owners of the house personally, but those who did/do said the house was gutted and re did after purchase sometime in the mid 70's or early 80's.

Anyway, I'm not much for this kind of thing but like I said it pop's up every now and then. There is a page for the kids that grew up in the neighborhood and around 2010-11, a woman by the name of Sanja Bandolik was on one of the pages claiming that her father was the killer. She wrote a book apparently called "Twisted Passage" and is still out there somewhere online. She stated in those pages that her father was the killer, claimed so on his deathbed but nothing ever came of it and seemed to imply if you want the rest of the story you needed to buy her book. She lived in the neighborhood at the time of the murders I think. Its possible I'm mis remembering it, so take it with a grain of salt. It was all very bizarre. The claim stuck with me. Just yesterday I went down my bi-annual google search of the murders and ended up here and found this thread.

just a bit more....On this same group page, there was another person who lived next door and indicated that it was someone who knew one of the women and was seen by this neighbor sitting on the victims couch when trick-or-Treating on Halloween before the murders took place. Apparently this was well known to those in the area, but the person had an alibi that checked out and to date it remains unsolved.

It's an odd one to find so little on given the rumors I heard growing up, things like it was a Manson copy cat with written messages on the walls in lipstick and such. I guess there is some truth to it as one of the articles indicates someone drew a "peace" sign on the wall in lipsitck.

I'm just shocked that there is not more about it really anywhere.

Last edited:
Sanja Bandolik was on one of the pages claiming that her father was the killer. She wrote a book apparently called "Twisted Passage" and is still out there somewhere online.
Sadly I haven't been able to find it, which makes it more intriguing. :)

That said, it sounds like it may be a novel based on her life stories, according this:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03
Back