MO MO - St Louis, BlkFem 8-11, 54UFMO, in abandoned bldg, Feb'83 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On February 28, 2023, it will be 40 years since the discovery of the St. Louis Jane Doe.
Given the approaching 40 year anniversary, does anyone local to STL know of a news outlet that would be interested in reporting (either print or TV) that we could all bombard with messaging, asking for a report on case?

*Edited to add* ... OK...some googling shows the St Louise Dispatch to be a major media and following their website and Dana Rieck seems to write about crime/police issues, her email is listed on the newspaper site as drieck@post-dispatch.com

Looking at one of those unapproved sites out there that lists various articles etc, I think this newspaper last wrote an article in March 2013, so just after the 30 year anniversary. I've sent Ms Rieck an email asking for an article to be published on the 40th anniversary - maybe others should do the same, and show how many people care.

Last edited:

Our Precious Hope Revisited aims to identify the St. Louis Jane Doe​

''By Jessica Rogen Sep 5, 2022
Edrar ‘Bird’ Sosa vividly remembers the day he first heard about the headless child who would go on to become the city’s most notorious cold case.

But it wasn’t cold yet. It was 1983, and Sosa was only about 10 years old, growing up in north St. Louis not too far from the house where the child’s mutilated body had been found.''

''But Sosa wasn’t satisfied with talk. This month, he is releasing Our Precious Hope Revisited: St. Louis’ Little Jane Doe, a documentary about the case from his production company 314 Bird Studios. That documentary will be available to stream on Amazon Prime later this month and has been accepted into film festivals, including the Jackson Film Festival and the Chicago Indie Film Awards. In it, Sosa has not only covered old ground but also clarified misconceptions and applied new advances in criminology, such as forensic genealogy, to try and discover the victim’s identity.''

''The documentary also features CeCe Moore, a genetic genealogist who frequently works with the police. Though he can’t yet fully share their findings, Sosa believes that Moore and the police are getting close to discovering the identity of Jane Doe.''

Last edited:

Edrar ‘Bird’ Sosa vividly remembers the day he first heard about the headless child who would go on to become the city’s most notorious cold case.

But it wasn’t cold yet. It was 1983, and Sosa was only about 10 years old, growing up in north St. Louis not too far from the house where the child’s mutilated body had been found.''

''But Sosa wasn’t satisfied with talk. This month, he is releasing Our Precious Hope Revisited: St. Louis’ Little Jane Doe, a documentary about the case from his production company 314 Bird Studios. That documentary will be available to stream on Amazon Prime later this month and has been accepted into film festivals, including the Jackson Film Festival and the Chicago Indie Film Awards. In it, Sosa has not only covered old ground but also clarified misconceptions and applied new advances in criminology, such as forensic genealogy, to try and discover the victim’s identity.''

''The documentary also features CeCe Moore, a genetic genealogist who frequently works with the police. Though he can’t yet fully share their findings, Sosa believes that Moore and the police are getting close to discovering the identity of Jane Doe.''
This is extremely awesome news ‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

This is extremely awesome news ‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

This is from September. Has anyone watched the documentary on Amazon Prime? I just purchased it but won’t be able to watch it until tomorrow. It’s a little over two hours long.

Pamela Gilmore from Chicago has not been ruled out yet. Went missing from Chicago in 1979 at four years old. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I personally don’t believe Pamela is JD because of how young she would be, but it could at least confirm or deny a possible victim. Her NamUs also does not have reliable information on her height or weight.
Pamela Gilmore may also be a possible match for the St. Louis Jane Doe:

4240DFIL - Pamela Gilmore

IL - IL - Pamela Gilmore 4, Chicago March 6, 1979

Pamela would have been around 8 years old in 1983.

This is from September. Has anyone watched the documentary on Amazon Prime? I just purchased it but won’t be able to watch it until tomorrow. It’s a little over two hours long.
I remember watching it a few months ago. Basic-ish editing but it had interviews with detectives, locals and such from back then, and interesting footage and photos, not shown to the public iirc, of the crime scene.

Given the approaching 40 year anniversary, does anyone local to STL know of a news outlet that would be interested in reporting (either print or TV) that we could all bombard with messaging, asking for a report on case?

*Edited to add* ... OK...some googling shows the St Louise Dispatch to be a major media and following their website and Dana Rieck seems to write about crime/police issues, her email is listed on the newspaper site as drieck@post-dispatch.com

Looking at one of those unapproved sites out there that lists various articles etc, I think this newspaper last wrote an article in March 2013, so just after the 30 year anniversary. I've sent Ms Rieck an email asking for an article to be published on the 40th anniversary - maybe others should do the same, and show how many people care.

Dana Rieck responded to my email that she is hoping to write something in February, if editors agree.

I remember watching it a few months ago. Basic-ish editing but it had interviews with detectives, locals and such from back then, and interesting footage and photos, not shown to the public iirc, of the crime scene.
Thank you. Definitely a must watch then. If anyone can figure this one out it is Cece Moore. The description on Amazon says it has interviews with her.

This is revisited it’s longer with more interviews than that one. They name the two me that found the body. And the police admit they got the sweater and Rope back from the psychic!!

I watched part of it on Tubi (Tubi is free)
It's almost two hours long and very thorough. (I ended up getting really busy with something else)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back