Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure you are from KC Ace. If she came off I 70 from the east toward downtown she had only 3 bridges to choose from to get across the missouri river while remaining in missouri. She would have missed Choteau. Kit Bond which is I 35, heart of america.. which is the one that spills onto burlington, or broadway 169. If she wanted to go to the lower north oak neighborhood burlington was the most efficient route. I think we agree on the QT thing.

If ta was driving north on burlington we know that her route narrows her down to a few possible destinations. Parkville, north oak area, briarcliff and 169 corridor. Other routes would have made more sense if she was going somewhere else. I think she was going to someones house. Lets stop focusing on the qt. There are so many qts. She didnt get lost going to swblvd qt.. She was way out of that area. Who lives up there that is connected to her work? There is the answer in there.

Agree. If indeed she did her banking in Parkville, she would've known the area well enough to keep from getting lost, even on a rainy night. A February 7th text message sent to the J sister (from TL) stated Toni was on her way to meet the J brother "but never made it". If a QT rendezvous was planned, it wasn't alluded to in that brief text, for there was no mention of a QT, an auto body shop, or Shady Lady.

Who actually said where she was going that night? Reliable? A rumor that has gotten carried away?

Who actually said where she was going that night? Reliable? A rumor that has gotten carried away?
It has never been reliable imo. The early reporting said Toni was reported missing "after she failed to meet up with friends" and that, coupled with some chatter regarding what her plans were, is where imo the QT, Shady Lady grew legs and took off.

What got me was, at the same time as those reports which made it sound that there was immediate concern, it was clear Toni wasn't reported missing by friends she was on her way to meet up with. Rather, friends that heard from Pete - much later on - that Toni never made it home that evening reported her missing. I can't ignore that huge amount of lead time.

I do believe there's some truth to it in that she was going to meet up with someone, quick drug deal or otherwise. I think that the "failed to meet up with friends" is referencing this rumored deal as its been said that was her plan, and she allegedly never made it.

But, I really believe there's a plan B or an additional destination that we aren't yet privy to. I just, imo, find it impossible that a weed deal that was known among friends/coworkers, with someone she knows, that was supposedly her last received text, would end in her being missing for this long with no arrests made. I will say, though, I think some arrests will finally happen, and soon. Jmo.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wow. Another new article and it has this to say:

"Toni's dad recently packed up her room and put her stuff in storage -- a heartbreaking moment, with no sign of his daughter's return."

Another prime example of how the media gets things subtly wrong and misleads. People on the facebook notification (here) are rightfully pointing out how ridiculous this is. Why would a father pack up his daughter's room and put her stuff in storage after just one month? That's crazy, right? Except, of course, it wasn't her room, it was her rented APARTMENT. Big difference.

Also of interest:
"Family said police got information from her iCloud back from Apple this week, and they're hoping it leads to a break in the case."
and
"Toni's family revealed to FOX 4 that police are 99 percent sure this was not a car accident."

source:
http://fox4kc.com/2017/02/25/family...think-she-may-be-victim-of-human-trafficking/

But, I really believe there's a plan B or an additional destination that we aren't yet privy to. I just, imo, find it impossible that a weed deal that was known among friends/coworkers, with someone she knows, that was supposedly her last received text, would end in her being missing for this long with no arrests made. I will say, though, I think some arrests will finally happen, and soon. Jmo.

You really think arrests will happen soon?

IMO, unless a body is found, you won't seen an arrest anytime soon. No body murder cases are very hard to build.

"No body no murder" is obsolete these days. If LE cam combine technology (phone,camera, location, etc...) with motive there's a case.

"No body no murder" is obsolete these days. If LE cam combine technology (phone,camera, location, etc...) with motive there's a case.

That's not 100% true. Yeah, it may seem like that, but there are typically only a handful of 'no body murder' convictions each year[1]. In addition, they take years to build. If they have a video that shows the act, it may be easier to make a case, but if it is just linking text messages, GPS, and even non-violent video, it is still a hell of a case to build. Just take the Kara Kopetsky case, for example. With the help of video, text messaging, and location data, police have stated that they have a good idea of what happened[3], but its been 10 years and not even a charge has been filed.

I'm not saying that it cannot be done, but its not something you can turn over in a month. It may take years. In Toni's case, with the evidence presented thus far, I don't see a case being built anytime soon, especially with the parents screaming human trafficking. Police know more information than we do, but nothing suggests obvious foul play yet[2]. The best chance we have at getting this case solve is for the murderer or witness to brag or mouth off important details, such as a confession or location of remains. The second best chance we have for this case is that LE is able to get the murderer and/or witnesses behind bars via some other charge (drug dealing for example). You can then at least get them off the streets and you may be able to make a deal with witnesses.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_murder_convictions_without_a_body#United_S tates
[2] http://fox4kc.com/2017/01/19/kc-police-no-indication-of-foul-play-in-disappearance-of-toni-anderson/
[3]
[video=youtube;o6j-vsdadjw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6j-vsdadjw[/video]

I'm trying to think of some famous no body guilty verdicts. Charli Scott in Hawaii comes to mind. They only found her jaw bone but that's still some part of the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the loft Toni and Pete were living in and them moving out. Seems someone other than Toni and Pete would have had to sign the lease. I seriously doubt those lofts would have leased to these two youngsters. Probably the parents took responsibility for the lease.

LE do not have to tell the truth, much of what we think we may know about this case most likely isn't what the Police know. Until we know differently I'm still thinking the J's, the stripper that reported the pull over know something about why Toni is missing. Also still thinking she may have just left on her own. We'll see what's said about this new info but bet it ends up us just having more questions and no conclusions. LE isn't going to tell the family or the public what they know.

Haha, not sure how we got onto the no body cases, I think the person was just saying that they felt there'd be a break in the case soon. All it takes is for the right person to be talked to with a few pieces of evidence that point to them and then confess and that'd solve the case.

I don't think thats so crazy to think that could happen very quickly. For all we know the car could be in that person's garage and police wouldn't need to go beyond a single location to make a case. The iCloud data is potentially that break.

What is quite unusual in this case is that she went missing with her car and after 42 days her car still hasn't been found.

I have always been suspicious of the stories including people who work at body shops because I can see why those stories would get started. The problem, however, is that working at a body shop does not help you in the least if you need to get rid of a high-profile stolen vehicle. It just doesn't work that way. You don't have the keys to the place, presumably, and what are you going to tell your boss? "Hey boss, I got this 2014 Focus I don't need anymore so I'm just going to cut it up for scrap. Is it okay if I use the facilities?" It's just not going to happen. And even if you own the place, you can't very well tell your employees to cut up a 2014 Focus for scrap. Somebody is going to tip the police. If you are the owner you might have been able to come in on the Sunday and spend the whole day cutting up the car. Maybe with one trusted friend helping you. But then you still have to get rid of all the stuff. The engine. The tranny. The body parts. The wheels. The cut up car body. It would be hard to do. I suppose if it were a very small owner/operator type shop it might work.

It's possible, yes, but I really think the chances of a body shop being involved in making Toni's car disappear is very near zero. It is simply not feasible. If a bad guy were involved it is almost certain the car ended up in a private garage, or on a large property, perhaps in a barn or something like that. Sometimes they do dump it in the river.

Usually, they just dump the car. If they're worried about evidence, they set it on fire. So this case is unusual.

Anyway, I am still hopeful they will find the car. It would be a big break in the case.

Has anyone thought this may have been about Toni over dosing, dying and they got rid of the body and hid the car?
I thought about this a long time ago and I can't remember reading any other thoughts about this possibly being what's happened to Toni. We don't know what drugs Toni may or may not have been using.

It has never been reliable imo. The early reporting said Toni was reported missing "after she failed to meet up with friends" and that, coupled with some chatter regarding what her plans were, is where imo the QT, Shady Lady grew legs and took off.

What got me was, at the same time as those reports which made it sound that there was immediate concern, it was clear Toni wasn't reported missing by friends she was on her way to meet up with. Rather, friends that heard from Pete - much later on - that Toni never made it home that evening reported her missing. I can't ignore that huge amount of lead time.

I do believe there's some truth to it in that she was going to meet up with someone, quick drug deal or otherwise. I think that the "failed to meet up with friends" is referencing this rumored deal as its been said that was her plan, and she allegedly never made it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

"After she failed to meet up with friends"
Paints picture of actual friends, right? Same as reports she was a server.
Skewed truths.
Is the word "friends" was used in place of drug dealer, john, shady people, than this skews her intentions that night.
Was she really meeting friends for a fun after hour get together? I'd like to really know what "friends" means in this reference.
Friends would have been concerned right away and called her job, boyfriend, parents, police.
So who exactly realized something wasn't right?

My thoughts.
The manager or a coworker told whoever called looking for her that she mentioned she really needed to stop at the QT.
If Pete was sleeping at that time of night he would have no idea what her intention was after work. For the most part.
So someone told Pete about her needing to go to a QT and he believed it.
There is no indication that she went to the adamant QT.
So whoever said that lied or was lied to.
If the J's said that then we're on to something.
Otherwise the info is too questionable to be held as fact.

On this topic of iCloud data. I think it'd be worthwhile for apple to have a service option that allowed you to store your primary keycode in case of an emergency such as this. There would be a secondary keycode that a family member or someone you trust would have that would be used to unencrypt the primary keycode. But that secondary keycode could only be used in the event of a missing persons case or death. That way apple could maintain their strong encryption. Since it'd be an opt-in service, it doesn't prevent those that want complete security from getting that if they wanted it.

I think alot of people would agree to that, since the only way their keycode could be obtained was through someone they trust and in the event of a missing persons/death situation.

I believe someone who might be in imminent danger or victim of a murder would be wishing their phone was able to be accessed as quickly as possible in such an event. What it also does is give law enforcement a way to get a keycode for an investigation, but only at the discretion of someone the person trusts. So therefore it couldn't be done without being transparent about the request to someone that the person trusts. Also keeps apple out of the loop in terms of having to break encryption.

What is quite unusual in this case is that she went missing with her car and after 42 days her car still hasn't been found.

42 days is a long time if the car is out there being driven around. But if it's in a garage, hell, unless you have a reason to look in that garage it could be there for years. right? Or someone pushes it into a body of water. Lots of bodies of water within even a 1 mile car ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova