Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article shows that they searched every lake and pond in Parkville, and found it Wednesday but couldn't get divers in the water until Friday.

"By Wednesday evening, they had located the vehicle.
“But we didn’t report it to law enforcement until Thursday morning because they were already gone for the day,” Watters said.The couple met with authorities on Thursday and learned that divers were unavailable until Friday. The Watters’ continued to search lakes and ponds Thursday in the Parkville area because their discovery of Anderson’s car hadn’t been confirmed as her vehicle.
The search, Watters said, was extensive but efficient.
“We searched ever lake and pond in the Parkville area in a day and a half,” he said.
Graves said Friday that investigators searched tirelessly for Anderson, including using sonar imaging techniques."

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article137965458.html

Thanks so much for that.

Her car was just a few feet off the bank and 21 feet under water. So it sounds like there is a very steep drop off. Good to know.

I don't believe it could. The new iPhone is water resistant... meaning submerged in less than 10 ft of water for max 30 minutes. If it was an accident at a speed that it flipped and shattered windows out highly unlikely a phone would withstand it.

Heck I go through at least 3 a year from dropping them less than 6 ft. Apple is good but not that good!;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a thought: She's at platte from 6am to 930pm and doesn't go in the water until 930. Is that a scenario that could work? In other words, her phone is pinging the same tower for that duration.

It doesn't matter if her phone was waterproof. A phone uses radio waves. High frequency radio waves cannot penetrate water.

It's a bit confusing. The parents very quickly changed mind from human trafficking to we are searching every body of water in parkville. I understand last ping was in that area but seems odd they contacted sonar company after stating they thought she was trafficked . I could have missed something in threads that led them to sonar searching.

That is absolutely correct. I am going to ramble out a few facts going back to square one - starting with the phone information.

1)A "ping" from a phone is a signal FROM the phone to the tower. Ex: (being used)

The last ping was around 6 a.m.

The phone is constantly communicating via internet and tower. Unless it is turned off, or in airplane mode.

2) Toni's phone was CONNECTED to the tower until 9:30p.m. Sunday night.

The phone was "ON" still until that time. Even if the phone was waterproof, it would not transmit any type of signal under water for that long.

So, at this point I am left wondering WHEN she went in to the water, and was the phone in the vehicle.

3) BF stated early on the last ping information being in that area. That information had to have come from the parents. Her parents and LE would have been given the information by T- Mobile as soon as it was requested. (This takes very little time after all paperwork is sent to T-Mobile). Could be as little as an hour. This information will not be given to just anybody. It is a Federal request for information. That is why I believe the parents must have given PS the information on the ping.

4). All dashcam video is retained for about 30 days- this might have changed in the recent past with all of the new technology. When an officer turns on his lights, the camera actively starts recording the stop. I believe this information is held longer. At any given time, even the dispatchers know the location of PD vehicles. They would know where his vehicle was and where he headed that night. I am curious about the information the lead officer provided as far as how they knew he was heading the opposite direction. I am also concerned if he did or did not call in Toni's stop that night. If he had called in the stop, it would be documented- I have not seen in any of my saved documentation that they did in fact have record of the stop. My mind tells me that he came forward and then mentioned the stop-(I could be wrong on this so I am sorry in advance).

5.) In the press conference after Toni's vehicle was found (woman officer) she makes mention of the boat dock and then retracts quickly as if that information should not have come out.

6.) The vehicle damage IMO was not substantial enough to imply rolling down the hill. (Side mirrors intact).

The phone in and of itself is a huge key in determining that the phone could not have been in the vehicle if she went into the water around 6. It is not possible IMO. She either went into the water without the phone, or went into the water at 9:30. She may have last used the phone at 6am, but transmission via apps, email, etc were still live till 9:30 when the phone went "dead".

Thoughts so far. Thx.

These are all excellent points. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

In this video, the reporters says Toni's friends had searched the area in the past because that's where a psychic told them her body would be found

http://fox4kc.com/2017/03/10/missin...ssouri-river-as-well-as-an-unidentified-body/

Ok so this says that a friend of Toni and Toni's BF searched this area by the direction of a metro psychic.

Am I the only one that wants to hear from this psychic?

... cmon guys, this is not at all what I've been hearing. I have seen on social media that the parents were told by a psychic.

Now it's toni's BF and his friend?

Boy.... just when you thought the sketchiness might be ending :) haha

I'm beyond surprised that what I have just heard has not been mentioned by anyone.

I'm out for the night guy and gals. I am happy they found Toni and hope we can continue to question this case and hold those accountable who want to keep the truth hidden from view. Take a look at this video and see with your own eyes that Toni and two cars behind her turned south on burlington. That is totally nuts! I haven't seen better evidence that we've been lied to about Toni's disappearance. 3:15 WRONG TURN! ​

What we need is the footage that shows whether the third car follows Toni. I think the cop is safe with him braking.

[video=youtube;gGMFd5OFij4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGMFd5OFij4[/video]

RIP Toni, I guessed from the beginning that her car was in the water. The GPS signal and the fact the waterproof phone lived out its life in the water. Sad to see this ending....

I never said every news cast or report said that here in KC.

You posted that link in response to someone who wanted verification that the parent's had them search that area due to a tip from a psychic.

Assuming the accident angle where Toni is in the driver's seat with seat belt on.. anyone else find it strange in the footage of the car being pulled from the water that one of the guys on the bank appears to be taking pictures or video with his phone of the drivers side area? Just wondering if the body was in fact in the driver's seat, would it be protocol to have a crime scene photographer taking pictures with a "real camera". And if that did not occur does that mean the body was in the trunk.

That is absolutely correct. I am going to ramble out a few facts going back to square one - starting with the phone information.

1)A "ping" from a phone is a signal FROM the phone to the tower. Ex: (being used)

The last ping was around 6 a.m.

The phone is constantly communicating via internet and tower. Unless it is turned off, or in airplane mode.

2) Toni's phone was CONNECTED to the tower until 9:30p.m. Sunday night.

The phone was "ON" still until that time. Even if the phone was waterproof, it would not transmit any type of signal under water for that long.

So, at this point I am left wondering WHEN she went in to the water, and was the phone in the vehicle.

3) BF stated early on the last ping information being in that area. That information had to have come from the parents. Her parents and LE would have been given the information by T- Mobile as soon as it was requested. (This takes very little time after all paperwork is sent to T-Mobile). Could be as little as an hour. This information will not be given to just anybody. It is a Federal request for information. That is why I believe the parents must have given PS the information on the ping.

4). All dashcam video is retained for about 30 days- this might have changed in the recent past with all of the new technology. When an officer turns on his lights, the camera actively starts recording the stop. I believe this information is held longer. At any given time, even the dispatchers know the location of PD vehicles. They would know where his vehicle was and where he headed that night. I am curious about the information the lead officer provided as far as how they knew he was heading the opposite direction. I am also concerned if he did or did not call in Toni's stop that night. If he had called in the stop, it would be documented- I have not seen in any of my saved documentation that they did in fact have record of the stop. My mind tells me that he came forward and then mentioned the stop-(I could be wrong on this so I am sorry in advance).

5.) In the press conference after Toni's vehicle was found (woman officer) she makes mention of the boat dock and then retracts quickly as if that information should not have come out.

6.) The vehicle damage IMO was not substantial enough to imply rolling down the hill. (Side mirrors intact).

The phone in and of itself is a huge key in determining that the phone could not have been in the vehicle if she went into the water around 6. It is not possible IMO. She either went into the water without the phone, or went into the water at 9:30. She may have last used the phone at 6am, but transmission via apps, email, etc were still live till 9:30 when the phone went "dead".

Thoughts so far. Thx.

Thanks so much for this. Can you tell me how you know #2 is the case. I want to understand if that is what they are truly saying -- that the phone was connected to tmobile all day long. Or if it last connected at 9:30pm.

I understand what you are saying, but I want to verify how you know that is the case. Not doubting you, but I hope you can understand that this case is soooo full of this kind of thing where it's unclear what is reality.

We all can make assumptions, but this should be a solid state answer as if the phone was truly connected all day long if someone texted her... called her etc. A notification would be sent to that phone or at least attempted. Unless they were turned off, correct? So, whether she had push notifications enabled is important. I can only speak for myself and those around me, but most everyone I know has push notifications on. I know when I turn mine off, but it's not something I do often. I'd be quite suspicious if no push notifications were sent to her phone and yet the phone was connected all day long.

Maybe my understanding of this is flawed, but I am eager to determine if what we believe is accurate or just simply something we've been told and are assuming makes sense.

edit -- to add to this, if the push notifications were received, the device would then basically respond with data that it has received the notification. At that point the push notification is marked as received on the provider side data.

So if.... that is true. Unless that phone was maybe on shore??? That means the accident couldn't have occurred until 9:30pm-ish. right?

But even with a waterproof phone, if underwater, it still cant communicate with the tower. It's not going to be 21 feet underwater and connected all day. 0% chance of that, for those talking about waterproof cases etc.

Omg.

This site is the only site that takes 1hr to post 1 sentence. What the heck.

I love Websleuths. But is the I.t guy aware of why these slow moments keep happening.

Because sometimes. I could barely even thank a post without the site freezing.

So what's going on?

I came home tonight and saw this news flashing on the Home screen. I am feeling heartbroken for her family !!! I guess I was hoping for the theory that she left on her own. Even HT, as heartbreaking as it is,she would still be alive. I cannot even imagine what her parents are feeling right now. As a mother of young girls, I held them tight this past week with my mom passing away and a few young girls that have gone missing close by to us. God Bless this family and if it is foul play ( my opinions on that later), I hope justice is served. But for now, I just pray for her parents to get through this tough time.

I could easily argue that other evidence such as what we heard the other day was correct. But if being connected to the network is equal to getting a ping, then that doesn't look good for an accident or suicide. I could also use 6am which seems the most consistent from reports since the beginning. I don't think cops will claim she went in the water at 930.

Being connected in my understanding (information given to me by unrelated federal agent) means connected via internet and things being transmitted TO her phone. Not her actively utilizing the phone for a phone call, or "to check her FB" for example.

Assuming the accident angle where Toni is in the driver's seat with seat belt on.. anyone else find it strange in the footage of the car being pulled from the water that one of the guys on the bank appears to be taking pictures or video with his phone of the drivers side area? Just wondering if the body was in fact in the driver's seat, would it be protocol to have a crime scene photographer taking pictures with a "real camera". And if that did not occur does that mean the body was in the trunk.

There are those that believe the body was in the car when they pulled it out ... guy taking photos then both choppers cut live feed. I felt she was removed by divers and placed on boat earlier . Bodies tend to "deglove" after being submerged that long. Towing with open windows could have cause more deteriorating to what was left. If the windows were smashed in an accident she must have been wearing a seat belt or she would have eventually floated out of the car.

The link is a good read on drowning forensics.

http://killingkillers.blogspot.com/p/drowning-forensics.html?m=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members