Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back to read through the articles to see if they ever released more about the SUV and haven't yet found a link that says it was stolen? Unless I missed it

Take this for what it's worth, but I read somewhere, and I'm pretty sure it was in PS Sr.'s Q&A on the Facebook group recently, that the police had known that the SUV was in that location for some time, but had not removed it from the river yet. Not sure what that means to this case, however. Maybe it was stolen, they caught the thief or someone related to the theft, and he told them the car had been dumped in the river there? I'm just speculating here. MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my state YES THEY DO!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How could LE know if it is/was improper paperwork without seeing it? If someone will not show it how else to compel them to other than a search warrant?

Wondering.

Take this for what it's worth, but I read somewhere, and I'm pretty sure it was in PS Sr.'s Q&A on the Facebook group recently, that the police had known that the SUV was in that location for some time, but had not removed it from the river yet. Not sure what that means to this case, however. Maybe it was stolen, they caught the thief or someone related to the theft, and he told them the car had been dumped in the river there? I'm just speculating here. MOO.

i believe IIRC they said when they sonared that area looking for toni's car early on, they found a truck but floating ice prevented further investigating. when they went back, they were unable to relocate it. so along that line, if the river covered the suv in that short time with enough silt so they couldnt find it again, then how had it been there for a year. also why did'nt they get the extra hit of a car being there too (unless it was'nt there yet). the husband and wife team come in over a month later and have no problem getting a hit on them. remember, the army corp of eng. was called in after the police lost the contact with truck, and they found nothing. these guys are highly trained at what they do, if they did'nt find it, it was'nt there! IMO

i believe IIRC they said when they sonared that area looking for toni's car early on, they found a truck but floating ice prevented further investigating. when they went back, they were unable to relocate it. so along that line, if the river covered the suv in that short time with enough silt so they couldnt find it again, then how had it been there for a year. also why did'nt they get the extra hit of a car being there too (unless it was'nt there yet). the husband and wife team come in over a month later and have no problem getting a hit on them. remember, the army corp of eng. was called in after the police lost the contact with truck, and they found nothing. these guys are highly trained at what they do, if they did'nt find it, it was'nt there! IMO
This disturbs me.

Good point. My first. Didn't make the paper. My 121 charges that came all at once...paper...news...radio...everywhere.

And just to clarify because I didn't mean to make myself sound like a *******.....that's since 1981.....had 1 arrest when I was early 20s and brand new to the business. I was just a stupid kid and made paperwork mistake. The charges dropped totally and I paid a small fine. Can't even remember the amount. Was like a speeding ticket amount. The other arrest was 6-7 years ago for 121 counts so I call it 122 arrests. Again charges dropped and my company paid a $15,000 fine. So I have a clean record. No convictions of anything and never pled to anything.

My wife read what I posted and it didn't sound like I intended. Lack of sleep.

I was trying to say you don't have to be a ******* to make s paperwork mistake and getting you in trouble in this business.

121 counts...in the state I am in--at my operation in the city that is the state capital--by law you can't tow to your yard a repo or impound more than 10 miles from where you tow it from. It's based on city population. In rural areas you can tow further.

We had just opened a location in the capital and the 121 cars were towed between 11-15 miles from where taken. When we opened the computer gps that is the "leash" on the trucks to keep the drivers in the legal area was set to 15 miles. Another location we operated in was 15miles and the leash just never got changed to 10 miles for this location. Well we towed 121 cars in a single day during a college football gam and one happened to be a state congressman. Next thing that happens is in plastered on the news and I got 121 counts. Happens to be a felony in my state btw. They were interviewing people that knew me and saying ...he's a nice guy can't believe he would steal cars blah blah. People hear "steal / stolen cars" and they instantly think nefarious things.

I turned myself in both times and was processed and immediately released on a prearranged bond and since they were mistakes and I had no criminal intent...legally no Mens Rea....the charges were dropped and I paid a fine. Never even went to trial. Never pled. Just charges dropped and paid a fine.

Wow! That is insane to me ...my mom has worked for the same small town towing company for 26 years and none of the drivers or owner have ever been arrested and that's in IL lol and they have their own impound lot in a different location (same town) - not sure the difference in state to state, but that's just crazy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Wow! That is insane to me ...my mom has worked for the same small town towing company for 26 years and none of the drivers or owner have ever been arrested and that's in IL lol and they have their own impound lot in a different location (same town) - not sure the difference in state to state, but that's just crazy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Google impound and repossession and recovery companies. It's the same in every state with accusations and sloppy paper work. Obviously not every operator but it an industry where it's easy to make mistakes and mistakes can have serious consequences. It's also an industry where it's easy to conduct criminal acts under the guise of being lawful.

Google impound and repossession and recovery companies. It's the same in every state with accusations and sloppy paper work. Obviously not every operator but it an industry where it's easy to make mistakes and mistakes can have serious consequences. It's also an industry where it's easy to conduct criminal acts under the guise of being lawful.

Of course, that's all dependent upon what tactics and procedures the police department is willing to overlook. If the local LE that has given the towing company a contract isn't satisfied with the level of work, they are legally within their rights to yank the contact from that towing company.

Doesn't KC have their own tow lot where vehicles are towed at request? Also how long does a vehicle sit on the lot before the lot files for "mechanic's lien" title due to nobody claiming it and accumulation of storage fees / towing expenses?

Doesn't KC have their own tow lot where vehicles are towed at request? Also how long does a vehicle sit on the lot before the lot files for "mechanic's lien" title due to nobody claiming it and accumulation of storage fees / towing expenses?

My car was towed and subsequently in a pound for about 2 weeks before I recovered it. So some amount of time over 2 weeks.

In the State I am in liens are required to be filed between after 24hrs and a maximum of 7 days from time of impound. We are required to keep a vehicle or vessel 37 days if older than 3 current model years. If newer than 3 current model years we are required to keep the vehicle or vessel 52 days. After that if not claimed the title is awarded to the impound company to pay for the cost of the impound. All previous liens are nullified.

I keep saying this but the tow lot in question has nothing to do most likely with TA. I would be shocked. Red herring.

I keep saying this but the tow lot in question has nothing to do most likely with TA. I would be shocked. Red herring.

I see where you are coming from as far as the lot goes, but I wouldn't go as far to say "has nothing to do with TA" . There hasn't been enough information out there on TA case to know who is and isn't involved. IMO. Stating Respectfully.

I see where you are coming from as far as the lot goes, but I wouldn't go as far to say "has nothing to do with TA" . There hasn't been enough information out there on TA case to know who is and isn't involved. IMO. Stating Respectfully.

Since LE has officially declared it an accident I don't see any connection.

The only question left for me is why was TA in the park. It's academic at this point. My curiosity wants and needs to be satisfied.

I just can't see a logical link between a tow company and TA.

The only question left for me is why was TA in the park. It's academic at this point. My curiosity wants and needs to be satisfied.

They did state accident, but is the case closed? I had not read that- Is her case a done deal? I wasn't aware. Sorry to have misspoke

wow...I'm a lurker on here, and this might have already been discussed today, but have y'all seen her Facebook page today? Apparently her BF and many of her friends think she was murdered and this was a cover-up...

No they have not "officially" said that. Also the case is still open. If it was an accident a lot more questions would have been answered by now. There is a lack of transparency for a reason.

In the State I am in liens are required to be filed between after 24hrs and a maximum of 7 days from time of impound. We are required to keep a vehicle or vessel 37 days if older than 3 current model years. If newer than 3 current model years we are required to keep the vehicle or vessel 52 days. After that if not claimed the title is awarded to the impound company to pay for the cost of the impound. All previous liens are nullified.

I would guess that this can vary from city to city, county to county, and/or state to state depending on the local, county, or state laws.

No they have not "officially" said that. Also the case is still open. If it was an accident a lot more questions would have been answered by now. There is a lack of transparency for a reason.

Yes. They have. Capt, Stacy Graves, KCPD, stated no evidence of foul play, investigation concludes accident

Case open pending toxicology results. Still investigating why she was in park. Nothing suggests anything other than a tragic accident.

Parents agree based on evidence presented.

Medical Examiner concludes no evidence of foul play based on autopsy official report pending toxicology.

Body released to family and cremated.

wow...I'm a lurker on here, and this might have already been discussed today, but have y'all seen her Facebook page today? Apparently her BF and many of her friends think she was murdered and this was a cover-up...

Welcome! I haven't seen her Facebook, but I don't believe she was murdered or there was a cover-up. When you hear hoofbeats look for horses, not zebras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina