Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or when Snapp said Toni was pulled over on 20th and Burlington. Yet the video shows them on 26th and Burlington. Yep. I fully trust the propaganda machine at KCPD.
What would that accomplish? Why would they want people to think it was on a different street? IMO it's more likely a technical error then intentional miss direction.

I'm struggling to figure out how Liz Anderson went so quickly from this (right as car was being pulled out on March 10):

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article137853908.html
“We just got the news — there’s a body in her car,” Liz Anderson said Friday, sobbing, as she spoke on her cellphone. “There is somebody inside.”...
“I just don’t know how she got there,” Liz Anderson said of her daughter, a 2014 graduate of Wichita East High School. “It doesn’t make sense, one bit.”

to this (March 13):

http://www.kctv5.com/story/34736945...-closure-after-her-2-month-long-disappearance
"Family members believe Anderson got turned around and frazzled after being pulled over by an officer and ended up in Parkville where she pulled into Platte Landing Park. There, she drove onto a boat launch that was icy and her car slid into the river."

Between those statements, this one appeared (March 12):

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/LIVESTREAM--415923043.html
"KCTV-5 reports that police believe Toni got turned around and frazzled after being pulled over and ended up in Parkville, Mo. where she pulled into a park. There, police believe she drove onto a boat launch that was icy and her car slid into the river."

It sounds like over the weekend of March 10-12, Toni being in that park and/or in the river went from making no sense to the Andersons to matching up with that premature (in my opinion) police statement about Toni just getting "frazzled" and "turned around" and driving off an icy boat ramp in a remote park after what seemed to be a rather quick and non-traumatic traffic stop. The Andersons also apparently were told (or otherwise convinced themselves to believe) that weekend that Toni's body was fully clothed and in perfect condition outside of that pesky, visible bruise (caused, of course, by the insurance tracking device). This is also the time period where the police were telling media that the case was still open. The medical examiner would not have had time to do a thorough exam and report yet.

The way information has come out and not come out in this case has been so frustrating. I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

Also when Liz Anderson said “She got lost and she got confused, or whatever." (I do have time to find the source right now)
When she says "or whatever" leads me to believe she hadn't truly embraced what she was committing to saying.

A day or two ago I claimed that LE had no idea why Toni was in Parkville. Nobody called me on it, as everyone else was probably under the same impression. Immediately after posting I realized that those were my words, not LE's. What did LE have to say that led me to believe this? Is it possible I misread?

There was one article, in particular, and in that article, this sentence:

"For some reason, Anderson remained at QuikTrip until 4:49 a.m. and then drove north to parts unknown, Caldwell said."

That sure sounds like LE had no idea what she was up to, doesn't it? It doesn't actually say that, though.

What I now notice, upon more careful parsing, is that he didn't actually say he didn't know what the reason was. He did NOT say "for some unknown reason," he merely said "for some reason."

Wow!

People have been saying all along, "LE must know something."

The night shift officer that pulled Toni over, sitting in that bakery parking lot, would know perfectly well that there is a pokestop down W. 26 Ave. He sees people drive up to it all the time and turn around. He probably saw Toni drive to the pokestop and turn around. He might have even talked to Toni about it.

I believe the police have known from the first week that Toni was playing Pokemon Go. It completely explains why they have been so sure it was an accident. The claims they were making about an accident seemed strangely out there. But they make perfect sense if they knew she was playing Pokemon Go.

A person playing Pokemon Go can still run into foul play, can't they? So that is still a possibility. And it is still possible she was going to meet someone, so they would have to consider that possibility also. They would still need to investigate all possibilities.

“Fatigue, bad weather lends itself to the possibility of a traffic accident, like running off the roadway,” said Sgt. Ben Caldwell, a supervisor with the Police Department’s missing persons, cold case section. “That is still probably our strongest possibility at this point.

The second theory is that Anderson was the victim of foul play. Police will investigate that possibility until they learn otherwise, as is standard in missing persons probes.

“There is nothing to indicate that there was foul play, but we are treating it as if it was foul play until we learn something differently,” he said.

But the crash theory is the most logical and makes the most sense based on the evidence police have amassed so far, Caldwell said.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article136674533.html

bbm. What evidence would that be? Why would they be so sure that she crashed?

Some people are absolutely outraged that 1 day after finding Toni, it seems authorities and the family seem sure this was an accident.

Yeah, it seems kind of strange, doesn't it...

moo

I'm struggling to figure out how Liz Anderson went so quickly from this (right as car was being pulled out on March 10):

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article137853908.html
“We just got the news — there’s a body in her car,” Liz Anderson said Friday, sobbing, as she spoke on her cellphone. “There is somebody inside.”...
“I just don’t know how she got there,” Liz Anderson said of her daughter, a 2014 graduate of Wichita East High School. “It doesn’t make sense, one bit.”

to this (March 13):

http://www.kctv5.com/story/34736945...-closure-after-her-2-month-long-disappearance
"Family members believe Anderson got turned around and frazzled after being pulled over by an officer and ended up in Parkville where she pulled into Platte Landing Park. There, she drove onto a boat launch that was icy and her car slid into the river."

Between those statements, this one appeared (March 12):

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/LIVESTREAM--415923043.html
"KCTV-5 reports that police believe Toni got turned around and frazzled after being pulled over and ended up in Parkville, Mo. where she pulled into a park. There, police believe she drove onto a boat launch that was icy and her car slid into the river."

It sounds like over the weekend of March 10-12, Toni being in that park and/or in the river went from making no sense to the Andersons to matching up with that premature (in my opinion) police statement about Toni just getting "frazzled" and "turned around" and driving off an icy boat ramp in a remote park after what seemed to be a rather quick and non-traumatic traffic stop. The Andersons also apparently were told (or otherwise convinced themselves to believe) that weekend that Toni's body was fully clothed and in perfect condition outside of that pesky, visible bruise (caused, of course, by the insurance tracking device). This is also the time period where the police were telling media that the case was still open. The medical examiner would not have had time to do a thorough exam and report yet.

The way information has come out and not come out in this case has been so frustrating. I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

It would be normal if Ace's theory is right- It is hard for me in my 40's to think a game could be this enthralling. I imagine my parents would be highly shocked by this as well- they won't release anything until all the information is back. Also, it could be why they are not making much of the stop, as they know it was a regular stop leading to a warning. It is not uncommon at all for stops to not be called in. But I can see where all the questions are coming from. I too wondered why more wasn't said about the traffic warning that lead to all the "rogue cop" theory's. The don't feel the need to dispel rumors because they know what happened that night. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would that accomplish? Why would they want people to think it was on a different street? IMO it's more likely a technical error then intentional miss direction.

It wasn't called in, so I think they were going off of police officers memory of the incident. Which would explain the initial information being incorrect.

Out as in "sent out"? Or results

They probably sent the tissue samples to the lab the day of the autopsy. Some results take longer than others and it also depends on how back logged the lab is.

Pete doesn't know what he is talking about.

It wasn't called in, so I think they were going off of police officers memory of the incident. Which would explain the initial information being incorrect.

Do we KNOW it wasn't called in? The scanner traffic for that time period was pulled, as is customary in many open investigations. So how do we know her plate number was not called in? In todays climate of LE traffic stops officers and dispatch KNOW who they are getting ready to encounter in the stops. It's SOP these days. Instead of pointing fingers at LE why are we not digging into why she was in that park at that hour in the first place?

JMO's

How do you know this information? What is the source?

There are SO many families of missing ones that would give anything for the kind of media attention and help from LE in this case. Getting river searches like ordering a pizza and not appreciating the help given putting themselves in harms way to give that help is galling to me.

Given the circumstances both the cause and manner of death may be ruled inconclusive leaving an open case for years as many have. Not being next of kin gives no responsibility to tell anyone anything. That's not "propaganda" that's just the way it is.

JMO's

It's a crime sleuthing website, it's what we do. I think everyone on here appreciates all that LE does. Sometimes they miss the mark and we ask questions. It does not take away for a second the respect I have for LE. Also I said before, if we did not ask questions when we don't understand, where would we be as a species?

Do we KNOW it wasn't called in? The scanner traffic for that time period was pulled, as is customary in many open investigations. So how do we know her plate number was not called in? In todays climate of LE traffic stops officers and dispatch KNOW who they are getting ready to encounter in the stops. It's SOP these days. Instead of pointing fingers at LE why are we not digging into why she was in that park at that hour in the first place?

JMO's

Not pointing fingers at LE we are asking questions to clarify. There's been so much misleading information.

So the going theory is that Toni slid down the ramp into the water in an effort to catch a water Pokémon? Seriously?

So the going theory is that Toni slid down the ramp into the water in an effort to catch a water Pokémon? Seriously?

We would have to take a poll but I doubt it is the "going theory" at this point. It is 'a' theory.

My theory is that she was looking down at her phone and trying to catch a pokemon while driving in the parking lot at Platte Landing Park. She mistook the entrance to the boat ramp for the entrance to the exit road. She could have hit that boat ramp with a fair bit of speed, and by the time she realized something was amiss it was too late to stop.

Not pointing fingers at LE we are asking questions to clarify. There's been so much misleading information.

In all respect I am asking posters who are making statements as facts without where the fact comes from. Frankly that is where a lot of the misinformation comes from. We are thousands of posts into this case and we in my opinion are frustrating ourselves with it.

JMO

That's just one of many theories that have been and are still being tossed around in this forum because there is no evidence to the contrary yet. I think people are trying to figure out why she was in NKC in the first place, then in that particular park even farther north, then in the water. There are many ways to connect those dots when there aren't many concrete data points between them, and we are reading, thinking, and writing about all of the various possibilities until there is a solid reason to rule them out.

Again no way she was in the river for 2 months. Who, if anyone does she know in Parkville? Maybe her friends might know some contacts she has there.

1. 51% Confidential Informant or Drug related
2. 24% Law Enforcement Corruption, possibly relating to #1
3. 24% Accident
4. 1% pokemon go -- unless it's determined she played that night, and then I'd say 95% chance it was related to that.
5. 0% suicide

99% sure this will be ruled an accident, based on the way the case has been presented to the public all along.

99% sure that whatever we hear from this point on will be equally suspicious as things we have heard so far.

99% sure that we likely never get most answers we seek.

99% sure that LE is waiting for people to lose interest.

I'd say 99% accident if it wasn't for all the sketchiness. Things seemed awfully complicated and in need of concealing before she went off the grid.

With the information we have and we know we don't have it all, it is a logical answer. Admittedly it seems far fetched but it's what we have that explains the behavior. I don't agree or disagree with it, I simply acknowledge it sure would make a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldeBiddy