Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the Missouri highway patrol not remove the black SUV that was next to Toni's car when many fishermen were telling LE there was a vehicle in the water on Feb 12th?

I believe I read somewhere that it was due to conditions. I am positive that I read that they were aware of that vehicle previous to the date that they extracted it. I want to say that they detected the SUV via sonar at an earlier date.

Maybe someone can help out as to where this is explained. I agree that unless they KNEW it wasn't Toni's car, why wouldn't they act on it immediately? Or at minimum say they located a car that might potentially be hers.

When they were pulling the SUV out of the river, was the first time I was aware that any car was found via a sonar search.

Missouri HP had searched that area a minimum of 4 four times. I witnessed a couple of them. I would expect the number to be higher. The MHP knew the SUV was in the water. Team Watters found Toni's vehicle in minimal time. This leads me to believe her car was placed in in the water shortly before she was found.

Did you see the headrests raised and no license plate?

I cannot tell if there is a license plate or not because of the trunk being up but it does look like both headrests are raised pretty high. I am also curious about how shiny and clean her vehicle looks (with the exception of the side it was drug up on) considering the reports of it being nearly covered in silt. Even the hubcaps are free of silt and debris. Very curious.

Did you see the headrests raised and no license plate?

In all the pictures I see, I cannot tell if the headrests are raised.

In all the pictures I see, I cannot see if a rear plate is there, because the plate location is on the hood which is up.

I don't see a front plate, but was there a front plate?

This is what I found about missouri plate laws :

http://www.dmv.org/mo-missouri/license-plates.php

Some vehicles must have a tag both on the front AND the rear. Others will only need a rear license plate.

So it depends on if Toni had a front plate or not, if we are to determine it was removed.

In all the pictures I see, I cannot tell if the headrests are raised.

In all the pictures I see, I cannot see if a rear plate is there, because the plate location is on the hood which is up.

I don't see a front plate, but was there a front plate?

This is what I found about missouri plate laws :

http://www.dmv.org/mo-missouri/license-plates.php

So it depends on if Toni had a front plate or not, if we are to determine it was removed.

Toni had Kansas plates and we are only required to display them on the rear of the vehicle.

Missouri HP had searched that area a minimum of 4 four times. I witnessed a couple of them. I would expect the number to be higher. The MHP knew the SUV was in the water. Team Watters found Toni's vehicle in minimal time. This leads me to believe her car was placed in in the water shortly before she was found.
Sorry but didn't Watters locate it because they had side scanning sonar? Does MPD have it? Didn't Watters have better equipment and were more experienced finding submerged vehicles?

💘 💘Love always wins 💘 💘

Link? Haha! Just kidding, I am looking. If I remember correctly, it was pretty clean, too. But...I want to see it again.

Lol. Well someone dumped the suv. So they could have dumped her car there too.

Which means they know the water is deep enough.

Lol. Well someone dumped the suv. So they could have dumped her car there too.

Which means they know the water is deep enough.

Yep, thats one of those aspects that was so odd. It didn't seem as if the SUV was out of the water for an hour before they started saying it wasn't connected. Seems it would have been less suspicious to just say that they weren't sure yet if the SUV was connected in any way.

As soon as it was said there was a 2nd car, I'm sure many like myself were thinking it was a dumping ground. I know many believed Toni went down the slope, but that SUV had me thinking otherwise. 2 cars in the same spot, just short way from a boat ramp. SUV was a stolen vehicle. I'd say that was reason enough to be suspicious of a connection.

OK thanks sorry for your loss and your son's

💘 💘Love always wins 💘 💘

Yep, thats one of those aspects that was so odd. It didn't seem as if the SUV was out of the water for an hour before they started saying it wasn't connected. Seems it would have been less suspicious to just say that they weren't sure yet if the SUV was connected in any way.

As soon as it was said there was a 2nd car, I'm sure many like myself were thinking it was a dumping ground. I know many believed Toni went down the slope, but that SUV had me thinking otherwise. 2 cars in the same spot, just short way from a boat ramp. SUV was a stolen vehicle. I'd say that was reason enough to be suspicious of a connection.

Agree. And I want to know if that suv was chopped for parts before going in.

So was the engine and transmission still in tact?

Or was it naked underneath the hood?

My computer is not cooperating and I am having a difficult time watching the video I posted a link to. From what I could see, it looked like it was filled with soot and not shiny, but not completely covered in silt; more like a film of silt on it. Also, the tag looks to be on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldeBiddy