GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would help tremendously if we got accurate reports instead of everything being conflicted. She put the baby to bed in the early hours of the morning... which means anytime after midnight to 6:00 or so. Or she put him to bed at 10:30. Which is it?

Poor little guy... I hope whoever did this NEVER gets a decent night's sleep again.

I'm going to go with LE's statement. In the presser he said the early morning hours of today (which IMO would be 12-2 a.m. timeframe), then during his interview just a few minutes ago he said after midnight.

I think the copy people at the news channels need to get their facts updated a bit...

It would help tremendously if we got accurate reports instead of everything being conflicted. She put the baby to bed in the early hours of the morning... which means anytime after midnight to 6:00 or so. Or she put him to bed at 10:30. Which is it?

Poor little guy... I hope whoever did this NEVER gets a decent night's sleep again.

LE stated the "early hours of the morning" in the PC earlier...FWIW.

BBM...has the grandmother confirmed Tyler's bedtime and has she confirmed that Mom was home all night with Tyler?

They haven't released that info yet... they are playing this very, very close to the badge. The first I heard of Grandma being at work was just a few minutes ago out of the Chief's mouth. Am very interested to see when Grandma thinks he went to bed... she didn't check on him or Shelby this morning according to LE.

And seeing all the young girls talking on that video,all the love,so many friends and family live around there.When I had just my oldest at that age,we were always visiting one another.Even though it's been said she put him to bed late,he could have woken up,been up for awhile and the last time she put him to bed for the night was that late.

Weren't those young ladies showing nothing but love for Tyler and his mom. They were well spoken too----They seemed sweet as pie. Close neighborhoods like that are hard to find.

They haven't released that info yet... they are playing this very, very close to the badge. The first I heard of Grandma being at work was just a few minutes ago out of the Chief's mouth. Am very interested to see when Grandma thinks he went to bed... she didn't check on him or Shelby this morning according to LE.

I'm curious to see if Mom and Tyler went out last night and Grandma went to bed before they came home.

Will someone plz tell me what happened, how he was found, etc..? Can't read the whole thread...RL and all that...

TIA :)

I'll try...

Reported missing after his mother woke at 11:00am and said he was gone. As LE was canvassing the neighborhood, a neighbor said they saw a man carrying a small child in a blue blanket - near the middle school.

This afternoon, Tyler's little body was found in a park with a wooded area nearby (from what I understand it is the opposite direction of the middle school sighting). His parents and other family members have been with LE today, being questioned. LE searched/processed the home for quite some time today. Pictures from the chopper show evidence cards on a table out back.

We learned that the mom had filed a restraining order against the dad earlier this year but dropped it. The dad's parents filed an order to get adult guardianship of their son.

Hope this helps - it's all I can remember off the top of my head.

This may seem like a silly question...but is Tyler past the age for SIDS?

For SIDS yes.. as he is no longer considered an infant. There's also (SUDC) sudden unexplained death in childhood that reaches beyond infancy.

"Sudden Unexplained Death In Childhood (SUDC) is the sudden and unexpected death of a child over the age of 12 months, which remains unexplained after a thorough case investigation is conducted." (Krous et al. 2005)

http://www.sudc.org/

Here's a screenshot from a news video, showing LE processing/photographing three pieces of evidence. I cannot tell what they are. They were just finishing photographing them and just about to bag them up when I took this screenshot:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-15 at 7.08.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-15 at 7.08.28 PM.png
    285.4 KB · Views: 363
What a devastating day-- RIP little Tyler. :cry:

Weren't those young ladies showing nothing but love for Tyler and his mom. They were well spoken too----They seemed sweet as pie. Close neighborhoods like that are hard to find.

Using your post as a jumping off point, she apparantly had a lot of friends, some with children. Knowing she went back to school to finish her education while raising a son speaks volumes of her character. I live in a "hood" where we have all walks of life, from a known drug house, to apt buildings that are home to elderly church ladies and crackheads. the younger set are seen running back and forth to the drug house constantly, not attending school.

Until I see some very strong evidence, my thoughts and prayers are with Tyler's mom and family.

I admit, I will be very surprised if the murderer of this baby turns out to be a total stranger...I think it is more likely to be someone who had been in the home before, knew the family, etc...JMO

Unfair perhaps, I agree.

What it really is ----------------------------it's reality.

IMOO-
Unfair is finding a naked, dead, 1 year old in a cemetary 1/3 mile away from his home.
I agree, it is unfair to the child, but I doubt he will rest any better if people are accusing his mother, based on nothing but bad reporting of what time they went to sleep or woke up. That is the point I'm trying to make. Not all young mothers of dead children are guilty.

I agree, it is unfair to the child, but I doubt he will rest any better if people are accusing his mother, based on nothing but bad reporting of what time they went to sleep or woke up. That is the point I'm trying to make. Not all young mothers of dead children are guilty.

True, not all mothers who have lost their children in this matter are responsible. But, LE and all agencies involved work their tails off to rule them out and establish truth. Their inquiries are not unlike what is discussed here at WS.

I think it's rare at that age. But that age is about the same as baby Lisa. This is the age when they are becoming much more mobile and transitioning from an infant to a toddler. They can surprise parents by what they can do that they couldn't do before... climbing, opening things, etc. If not watched carefully they can get into trouble.

Many years ago I was managing some property and one of the tennants had a 22 month old son. Short of it...she found the baby not breathing, I tried to recesitate him even though it was evident he was deceased and the ME ruled it SIDS. If there was no other apparent cause of death they rule it SIDS. I was told this by a detective that came out to ask me a couple more questions (because he wasnt buying the SIDS cause) he also said that its extreemly rare to have a child die from SIDS over a year old but it does happen.

I haven't seen anyone accuse Shelby of Tyler's death. Just trying to discern the facts.

The fact she was home with Tyler when he disappeared doesn't mean she is guilty.

True, not all mothers who have lost their children in this matter are responsible. But, LE and all agencies involved work their tails off to rule them out and establish truth. Their inquiries are not unlike what is discussed here at WS.

BBM excellent comment!!! They close gaps to find the truth.

Talking about people & speculating on how they live their lives when I don't know them is NOT something I choose to do -- I was taught that is being judgmental. Until you walk in their shoes, you have no right to talk about them.

It's boring to read the same opining posts over & over (sometimes by the same poster) -- not that it is occurring in this thread, though -- and has caused me to stop reading certain threads. I come here for facts & insight, not judgments unless at the end of a trial - :innocent:

Thanks to those who followed this with me as it happened. As a local it was my pleasure to provide you local links & information.

I'm not liking the sound of this-
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/250...her-missing-baby-discovered-dead-cemetery.htm

Shelby Tyler's mom goes to bed and OVERSLEEPS!!! Wakes up and finds her baby boy gone!:banghead:
Another mom from MO Deborah B. goes to sleep and her baby is missing after mom spent a night with friends.

What is going on in MO?

I think baby Tyler went missing long before 11:00 am this morning. Only my educated or possible uneducated guess.Not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.

I'm thinking we have too many young people who do not realize the responsibility of having a child, how it is important not to have loads of people in and out of the house a lot, to guard the child's security and safety, to not drink or stay up late so it's too hard to wake up if something goes wrong, etc., etc. Yes, good, mature moms also sometimes can sleep in if their kids do but I've heard this scenario two times too many with these young moms and I'm thinking it could be part of a pattern that leaves their children vulnerable. Of course, I have no clue. Something like this could happen to a fully adult couple with their guard up as well.

Will someone plz tell me what happened, how he was found, etc..? Can't read the whole thread...RL and all that...

TIA :)

I'll try...

Reported missing after his mother woke at 11:00am and said he was gone. As LE was canvassing the neighborhood, a neighbor said they saw a man carrying a small child in a blue blanket - near the middle school.

This afternoon, Tyler's little body was found in a park with a wooded area nearby (from what I understand it is the opposite direction of the middle school sighting). His parents and other family members have been with LE today, being questioned. LE searched/processed the home for quite some time today. Pictures from the chopper show evidence cards on a table out back.

We learned that the mom had filed a restraining order against the dad earlier this year but dropped it. The dad's parents filed an order to get adult guardianship of their son.

Hope this helps - it's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Let me add that LE has reported no signs of forced entry, a man was handcuffed and then released at one point, friends and family were all in front of mom's house when the news of the child going missing broke, they stayed for hours, heard the news about a body being found, in real time and resolved to stay and wait for mom to come back from the police station where she was being interviewed.

Also, mom, grandma (who lives in the home as well) and the child's father were all at the police station looking visibly shaken. It appears they are all still there. There was no reported, visible cause of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldeBiddy