GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM I think someone just asked the question and its beginning to snowball for obvious reasons IMO

a reporter asked about duct tape being involved and the DA wouldn't comment on it...

so some reporter is on to this duct tape thing....

Please does anyone have a link that states WHEN Shelby went back to sleep? I would think that if she killed Tyler and went back to sleep and THEN dumped his little body, that would point to a drug-induced situation more than if she killed him, dumped him and THEN went home and went to bed. That second scenerio, to me, seems more like pure callousness to me.

And now we have a 1 year old & 3 year old child wandering around Granite City alone, in the cold, without any clothing on or adults anywhere in sight. Sigh! Seriously St. Louis what is up with parents neglecting/hurting/killing our children?!?! ENOUGH!

Please does anyone have a link that states WHEN Shelby went back to sleep? I would think that if she killed Tyler and went back to sleep and THEN dumped his little body, that would point to a drug-induced situation more than if she killed him, dumped him and THEN went home and went to bed. That second scenerio, to me, seems more like pure callousness to me.

The PA said they are still working out the details of the time line and would not comment any further on it.

from the jist of the presser it seems it was the latter, but I'll try to find a link also

It's still there, but everything on the wall has been erased. Not much to see anymore... but under info you can still see the pages she liked. You have to put her entire name in, including her middle name Ann, for it to come up.

Thanks, maybe from the computer it'll work...? Lol

KMOV.com
A lot of you have suggested a story on the St. Louis Crisis Nursery. We're doing a story with them on News 4 at 5:00. This will include some suggestions on how to talk with your children about this case, if they ask. Air time is roughly 5:13.

This is wonderful! The Crisis Nursery has never gotten the exposure it deserves.

a reporter asked about duct tape being involved and the DA wouldn't comment on it...

so some reporter is on to this duct tape thing....

I hope duct tape isn't involved and the DA was just being consistent about no revealing details.

Gezzzz if it was, I can't even go there

St. Louis Crisis Nursery! I'm SO glad to see the media advertising the ever-loving heck out of that wonderful place!!! All parents need to know that service is readily available in the STL area with NO QUESTIONS asked. It's a safe haven for kids whose parents are in crisis.

Awesome that they have this. So many options other than beating a baby to death.

yep, just saw it that she likes this page

"I am not a morning person. Do not pull the covers off me. I WILL KILL You"

:(

You missed the last part:
rm4igg.png

I think the key here is that it was multiple blunt force trauma... in the probable cause it says that cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head but mom admits to hitting him on his body as well.

She would have to land a blow pretty hard in the right location to kill him immediately. This is just my nursing opinion but I am sure that he did not go quickly. It makes me absolutely sick...

And what is up with this "duct tape" mentioned? I can only imagine (for instance say you hit someone in the head and cause injury/bleeding to the breathing center.. the person can have what is called cheyenne stokes breathing... which typically would freak out anyone who has never seen it... if this is where the duct tape came into play I would expect to be seeing more charges in the future especially after the grand jury...I think at this time they are going on only her admissions and preliminary autopsy/COD)

moo

**also LE plugged the st louis crisis nursery....! http://www.crisisnurserykids.org/ here is their website**

Also as my nursing judgement - If she hit his fontanel hard enough would of been the blow that done it. The top soft spots are not closed yet at 13 months. So that would of hurt him in itself.

NO!! NO!! NO!!

Not another precious child dying at the hands of the one person in the world who is supposed to protect them.

Not another baby having to look in the eyes of their mother as she kills him.

Not another senseless tragedy and loss of life.

I've read all along here and am just now at your post, MEM2010, and yours says it all, IMO.

I'm too &^&&*^ angry to post more and know it wouldn't help matters anyway.

MOO

So she dumped Tyler's body in the daylight? I wonder if a neighbor saw her & told cops when they were searching. That might be another reason cops expected foul play.

Or keep her behind at home at night to take care of HER child so that she doesn't need to sleep most of the next day.

And if she must go out the night before, get her behind home at a reasonable hour.

If a person is old enough to make a baby, have that baby, "raise" that baby, then a person is old enough to know that they need to be responsible for that baby and do what is best for the baby period.MOO

I disagree with the last part of your post. It would be nice if it were true! We have to have a license/diploma to do certain things in life...such as driving a car or to become a plumber etc. Kids even need a license in most areas to even babysit. Every job has job requirements.
We need NOTHING to become a mom (which is the most important job in the world) Anyone who can reproduce can be one, or attempt to be one
After typing this, it makes me sick to think that we have more requirements to drive a car compared to being a mom, which has no requirements. THIS IS SO WRONG!!!!!!

It is awful to think that this evil woman will still be allowed to have more children. Society needs to change this!

Hats off to the investigators...

I am curious to know what it was at the house that led the Child Abuse-experienced investigator to immediately suspect child abuse (assuming it wasn't blood or other bodily excreminet/floods from little Tyler). Sounds like maybe it was the state of the environment itself? Curious...

Maybe bruises, redness, swelling of her hands? It totally baffles me how she could go back to sleep after doing this. A "normal" persons heart would be racing like an indy car after committing such an act, especially on their own child. I guess we'll never know thehuman mind as well as we'd like to, or maybe we'd be scared to death if we could. Rest In Peace little man.

I hear, ya josie. My first child had colic until he was 4months and I also had PPD. and my second.. well, I became very ill after she was born. Anytime I felt overwhelmed I asked for help from family. Seems like SD had a lot of friends for support. It makes no sense. None at all.

I agree. this is the part that makes it seem so senseless. I'm sure most of us that are parents can empathize with being sleep deprived, frustrated, etc. But one of my friend's mom told me something when I was pregnant with my oldest that I think is so simple, but so wise. . .

A child has never died from crying. If you ever feel like you are at the end of your rope, no harm is going to come by just leaving the child in the crib and walking away for awhile, even if the child is crying.

So simple. I wish Tyler's mom would have done that in this case. :(

Maybe bruises, redness, swelling of her hands? It totally baffles me how she could go back to sleep after doing this. A "normal" persons heart would be racing like an indy car after committing such an act, especially on their own child. I guess we'll never know thehuman mind as well as we'd like to, or maybe we'd be scared to death if we could. Rest In Peace little man.

BBM...you're kidding me. What time did this abuse take place, I have not seen this in print yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member