MO - Woman escapes from Excelsior Springs house, says she's been held against her will since September 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

darkstar105

Reaction score
This morning, neighbors in Excelsior Springs, Missouri, a normally quiet town not far from Kansas City, were startled by a woman hunched over and making her way from door to door screaming for help. She said she'd been held against her will since September and pleaded with neighbors to hurry and protect her or her captor would return and kill her. She had a collar on and her mouth had been bound and she had marks showing she'd been traumatized. She also made statements to the effect that "her friends didn't make it" but authorities have not yet found out about any other victims.

Oh dear, this isn't over yet... from the above KSHB story...

For hours, neighbors sat and watched as detectives took bags of evidence out of the house on the corner of Old Orchard Avenue.

"This is going to be multi-day investigation," said Lt. Ryan Dowdy, of Excelsior Springs police.

Police said a woman ran from the home screaming for help Friday morning.

"It was readily apparent that she had been held against her will for a significant period of time," Dowdy said.

The woman told police she was kidnapped and sexually assaulted. She also said that there are more victims.

"This is ongoing, we continue to find more and more stuff," Dowdy said.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I googled cold cases in MO area... <modsnip> I'm concerned.. was it an adult female that was found safe? Or was it an underage girl? so many 15 year olds on here it makes me sick.. poor kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does LE always set up tents for collection of evidence? Saw a pic of one in the driveway. Hmm.
Probably for privacy from prying eyes.

ETA for update from above:

A cadaver dog was at the scene of an Old Orchard Street residence, but police said any findings would not be released until a report was constructed.

Dowdy said the dog was called to the residence based on the statement of the victim.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo
Back