MO - Woman escapes from Excelsior Springs house, says she's been held against her will since September 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have NEVER IN MY LIFE seen a house boarded up and fenced in like this!
This case is huge on social media. Even if there is no evidence that we know of thus far of there being other victims or possible murders. The fact that the victim allegedly said her friends didn't make it, coupled with how ignorant the general public can be, well suffice to say I think it wise that it is both fenced and boarded. LE does not need the social media armchair detective community out there trespassing, "investigating", and posting videos of what they "discover" on the property.

The more secure the better IMO. I suspect there will be other victims that come to light, but the public is so in LE business in criminals cases at this point I can only imagine the chaos that could ensue if that sight was not secured so that LE can do their work.

Excelsior Citizen

22m ·
BREAKING NEWS: We are receiving word from the Clay County Sheriff's office that there will be an arraignment for Timothy Haslett, Jr., at 1:30 p.m today. Haslett will appear by video in Division 7 of the Clay County Circuit Court. The judge has prohibited any photography or recording because Haslett does not yet have an attorney

I wonder if he did this before. It's from Free People Search & Reverse Phone Lookup - FastPeopleSearch I can't directly link to this page, because I will expose family members and other persons with the same name.

View attachment 372402
View attachment 372403
The records on that site aren't very reliable. Even the ones that are correct probably won't give an accurate timeline.

If I look up my father, it shows 5 addresses with two that he never lived in, and the move-in/out years for the three he did live in being off by years or decades. It's also missing three addresses that I know of. There are similar issues if I look up myself and other family members.

10:06 AM, Oct 11, 2022

EXCELSIOR SPRINGS, Mo. — The Excelsior Springs victim who escaped a man's home and knocked on nearby doors for help Friday was wearing a trash bag, metal collar with a padlock and had duct tape around her neck, according to court documents filed in Clay County the day the woman escaped.
The 22 year-old woman was handcuffed by her wrists and ankles and left in a small room in Tim Haslett's basement, ccording to details outlined in the court filing,
The room, according to investigators, was built by Haslett.
The woman was picked up on Prospect Avenue in September.

According to the documents, Haslett "whipped her while she was restrained (and) ... there were injuries on her back that were consistent with this description."
The victim reported she was raped multiple times and frequently.

snip

Law enforcement — including the FBI, which confirmed Tuesday it is assisting local authorities — allegedly found numerous weapons in Haslett's home.

Haslett is charged with first-degree kidnapping, first-degree rape and second-degree assault.

He's expected in court Tuesday afternoon.

o_Oo_O

The victim was found early Friday morning after police were called to a residence for a reported sexual assault and kidnapping. When police were contacted, they were told she was wearing a metal collar with what appeared to be a padlock on the front, and a trash bag. The woman reported she had been held hostage at Haslett’s home since September.

When contacted by police, the woman was wearing latex lingerie and the metal collar as described. She told them she had been picked up on Prospect Avenue in Kansas city in early September. The Star generally does not identify possible victims of sexual assault without their permission. The woman told investigators she had been kept in “a small room in the basement that he had built.”

Um, the special room in the basement, the latex lingerie, whips, chains, etc sounds like a creepy BDSM situation gone bad. I think we'll find he has a history of deviant/sadistic sexual behavior. moo

EXCELSIOR SPRINGS, Mo. — The Excelsior Springs victim who escaped a man's home and knocked on nearby doors for help Friday was wearing a trash bag, metal collar with a padlock and had duct tape around her neck, according to court documents filed in Clay County the day the woman escaped.
The 22 year-old woman was handcuffed by her wrists and ankles and left in a small room in Tim Haslett's basement, ccording to details outlined in the court filing,

According to the documents, Haslett "whipped her while she was restrained (and) ... there were injuries on her back that were consistent with this description."

snip

Law enforcement — including the FBI, which confirmed Tuesday it is assisting local authorities — allegedly found numerous weapons in Haslett's home.

Haslett is charged with first-degree kidnapping, first-degree rape and second-degree assault.

o_Oo_O
The woman escaped when Haslett took his child to school.

When he returned home, law enforcement was there.

from your linked article - does this mean his son resides with him in that home or may have been present in the home during this poor woman's captivity??? What on earth . . . :oops:

Clay County, Missouri Sheriff

37m ·
OK, friends. We know everyone wants more information on the kidnapping and sexual assault investigation in Excelsior Springs. But here's the thing with criminal investigations: if law enforcement talks about them openly while they are still active, that will do irreparable harm for a number of reasons:
1. It can impair the success of the investigation
2. It can make evidence not admissible in court
3. It can prejudice a potential jury pool
All of those things mean justice may not be served.
Trust us, the Excelsior Springs Missouri Police Department and the Kansas City Missouri Police Department CSI Unit and Crime Lab are taking an incredibly thorough and methodical approach to this investigation. Pretty much every investigative thing you can think of, they have done or will do. That thorough approach means it will take time. It will take time to analyze evidence recovered during the execution of the search warrant. It will take time to interview people involved. It will take time to use that information to see if the suspect in this case is connected to any more crimes. And when those things have happened, there will still be very little law enforcement can share until the case goes to court. Because if you want justice for victims and for people who have broken the law, that’s what has to happen.
In the absence of all those investigative details, we know gossip fills in. Just remember not everything you read on social media or on the internet is true. There also are people who may have known the suspect or other people involved in this case, and they have done nothing wrong and deserve privacy. Please respect their right to that.
We know this is a scary thing to happen in our community, and Excelsior Springs has been through a lot lately. We have supported their police department with patrol help, investigative resources, public information assistance and more. You can show your support by keeping the rumor mill to a minimum and respecting the need for investigational integrity. There is no danger to the public at this time, and if there should be in the future, we will let you know.

snip

o_Oo_O
Oh man! I'm relieved she was able to escape to safety. I'm hoping there are no other victims.

The victim was found early Friday morning after police were called to a residence for a reported sexual assault and kidnapping. When police were contacted, they were told she was wearing a metal collar with what appeared to be a padlock on the front, and a trash bag. The woman reported she had been held hostage at Haslett’s home since September.

When contacted by police, the woman was wearing latex lingerie and the metal collar as described. She told them she had been picked up on Prospect Avenue in Kansas city in early September. The Star generally does not identify possible victims of sexual assault without their permission. The woman told investigators she had been kept in “a small room in the basement that he had built.”

Um, the special room in the basement, the latex lingerie, whips, chains, etc sounds like a creepy BDSM situation gone bad. I think we'll find he has a history of deviant/sadistic sexual behavior. moo
Do I even want to know what latex lingerie is??? Ugh. Poor woman.

The latex explains why some witnesses thought she was wearing a trash bag. But calling it a "BDSM situation gone bad" is like saying someone tied to weights and thrown off a boat is a "diving situation gone bad". Unless all participants are willing and able to give consent, it's not BDSM. Is it possible that he took part in BDSM in the past? Latex lingerie and whips are pretty common in that community, so yes, it's a possibility. But we have no way of knowing either way just yet. BDSM relationships can also become abusive, but it doesn't sound like this is what happened here.

The latex explains why some witnesses thought she was wearing a trash bag. But calling it a "BDSM situation gone bad" is like saying someone tied to weights and thrown off a boat is a "diving situation gone bad". Unless all participants are willing and able to give consent, it's not BDSM. Is it possible that he took part in BDSM in the past? Latex lingerie and whips are pretty common in that community, so yes, it's a possibility. But we have no way of knowing either way just yet. BDSM relationships can also become abusive, but it doesn't sound like this is what happened here.
Thanks Lireal, I'll defer to you as knowledgable about the BDSM scene. My only knowledge comes from hearing about the Fifty Shades of Gray books. I am curious though as BDSM does include submission and control - sadism and masochism. I'm hoping his defense won't include saying this was consentual in any way but I have a feeling that's what we can look forward to.

Clay County, Missouri Sheriff

37m ·
OK, friends. We know everyone wants more information on the kidnapping and sexual assault investigation in Excelsior Springs. But here's the thing with criminal investigations: if law enforcement talks about them openly while they are still active, that will do irreparable harm for a number of reasons:
1. It can impair the success of the investigation
2. It can make evidence not admissible in court
3. It can prejudice a potential jury pool
All of those things mean justice may not be served.
Trust us, the Excelsior Springs Missouri Police Department and the Kansas City Missouri Police Department CSI Unit and Crime Lab are taking an incredibly thorough and methodical approach to this investigation. Pretty much every investigative thing you can think of, they have done or will do. That thorough approach means it will take time. It will take time to analyze evidence recovered during the execution of the search warrant. It will take time to interview people involved. It will take time to use that information to see if the suspect in this case is connected to any more crimes. And when those things have happened, there will still be very little law enforcement can share until the case goes to court. Because if you want justice for victims and for people who have broken the law, that’s what has to happen.
In the absence of all those investigative details, we know gossip fills in. Just remember not everything you read on social media or on the internet is true. There also are people who may have known the suspect or other people involved in this case, and they have done nothing wrong and deserve privacy. Please respect their right to that.
We know this is a scary thing to happen in our community, and Excelsior Springs has been through a lot lately. We have supported their police department with patrol help, investigative resources, public information assistance and more. You can show your support by keeping the rumor mill to a minimum and respecting the need for investigational integrity. There is no danger to the public at this time, and if there should be in the future, we will let you know.
It’s sad this even needs to be said. Social media is going to be the downfall of civilization. I’m calling it now.

(Well… technically, I called it back in 2009 when I chose “social media and social problems” as the focus of my senior psych research project and dissertation. And SM was still just a baby back then!)

It’s sad this even needs to be said. Social media is going to be the downfall of civilization. I’m calling it now.

(Well… technically, I called it back in 2009 when I chose “social media and social problems” as the focus of my senior psych research project and dissertation. And SM was still just a baby back then!)
"going to be"? :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back