Mom Says Family Will Never Live In Home Again! What?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A few years ago someone tried to enter our home through our bedroom window. They went so far as to slit the screen with a knife (the window was open). They never made it into the house thank goodness. They were never caught. I have two daughters who are now 9 and 14. At the time they were 6 and 11. Both were scared to the point that I had to block off their window completely even though they were shown that there would be no way someone could get in their window as it is at least 2 1/2 stories off the ground of our backyard.

The boys in this case have had their little sister taken from their home so I can naturally see them being afraid to live in this house anymore. The boys could very well still be attending their same school and having "play dates" with their neighborhood friends. This could be a situation of the parents doing exactly what is best for the boys.

MOO

I get that she might change her mind later, but why the announcement? I guess I just don't understand what the heck is going on, and making that announcement is just weird. Where are the pleas for Lisa's return? Where is little Lisa? I am so sad.

Another thing to consider is that their address is publicly known at this point. Every fruitcake in the area could go by there and if they think they had anything to do with Lisa's disappearance it could be dangerous.
I could never understand why the Anthony's didn't move. Especially since Casey admitted she died there (not that she is telling the truth but who knows?).

I don't need someone's statement to know if a house is in foreclosure. It either IS - OR - ISN'T!

Someone threw it out there now they need to back it up!

That house was BOUGHT when in foreclosure. JI could be upside down if he borrowed against it, but I doubt it.

I don't find this strange at all. I can completely understand where D is coming from. If this truly was an abduction, how violated must she feel that someone came into her home and took her baby!! I'm not sure I would ever feel safe in that house again. You should be able to relax and let your guard down in your house-- how could you do that after someone came into your home and took your child?!

Something we also need to remember is this is still very, very fresh. This mother is in the midst of MAJOR emotional turmoil. She is probably thinking/saying a lot of things that, once time goes on, she will be able to think about in a more calm state and realize she didn't really mean those things.

Another thing to consider is that their address is publicly known at this point. Every fruitcake in the area could go by there and if they think they had anything to do with Lisa's disappearance it could be dangerous.
I could never understand why the Anthony's didn't move. Especially since Casey admitted she died there (not that she is telling the truth but who knows?).

I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't stay if I could get away.

If my baby was missing or kidnapped, no way would I move from that house...praying she will brought back to us and I would add a secure alarm system

If there was a terrible accident that occurred I think I would have to move then..

Yrs ago our home was broken into...it was devastating for all of us even the three kids at the time. They cut a glass window in my dtrs rm to get in....they went thru everything,
drawers, jewlery,elecronics,they made a good a haul all in broad daylight.......you do feel very violated knowing someone was in your home and went thru your things.....My kids slept in the den for a few weeks,they didn't want to be in their rooms,they knew the person had been in their rooms....eery feeling.

I understand your point of view. So far, I think there is a lack of evidence that anyone came into the Irwin home and abducted Lisa. I think there is also a lack of evidence that an accident took place inside the home.

JMO

That house was BOUGHT when in foreclosure. JI could be upside down if he borrowed against it, but I doubt it.

Ok, if that is a fact then it is different than it CURRENTLY being in foreclosure.

Thanks!

If they do get Lisa back, wouldn't it be better to for her to have a familiar place to go to? I know she's just a baby, but it seems picking up and moving elsewhere might hinder her ability to readjust. I hope they took some of her stuff with them, and not just left everything in that house. I know they might be scared, but they need to think about what is best for Lisa too.

MOO but "if" it turns out that the truth is that Lisa was infact abducted out of her home, from her room.. I, too could not be forced to live in that home ever again, no matter what amount of equity was built up In the home.. "if" it were a case similar to say Hailey Dunn with a 13 yr old and I held onto a glimmer of hope that she was out there as a runaway.. That IMO would be different as I could see it difficult to leave the room the child had a hand in decorating and making the room HER'S.. Hoping against hope one day she'd miraculously decide to come "home" and her home still be exactly as she left it.. That would leave me torn and find it difficult to ever alter her room as she left and to always be in that home should she ever find her way back to it someday..

But here that is not applicable.. It's nit as if Lisa
Would ever return to the safe haven as her home if she were to escape her abductor.. She is a 10 month old baby, that sadly the more time that passes the further any memories of her life and home with her family fade away.. The room and house do not hold the same meanings as they do with say, Hailey Dunn IMO..

Especially given the fact that these parents have two other small children I personally if in those same shoes would never so much as spend one night there with my other children.. To stay and live in the home when you are just broken into and robbed when no one is home is very difficult in and of itself.. The violation that is felt just from this is tremendous and leaves you feeling wide open and vulnerable.. I can attest to tht from personal experience.. Difficult and definitely takes time for you to ever feel "normal" in your own home, and NEVER FEEL LIKE YOU DID PRIOR TO THE VIOLATION..

So, I can only imagine the overwhelming feelings that one would have of vulnerability, fear, and literal terror if someone came into my home and abducted my child!! Those feelings IMO would be so overwhelming IMO that you could not force me stay in that home with my children for even one more night!!! And think of the children.. These children believe as they slept their sister was stolen from the bedroom next door.. At their age I imagine a grave sense of fear and terror fills their little heads of this "monster"(and in little kids heads likely they picture who took their sissy was a "monster") and can you imagine their feeling comfortable or not in literal fear for their own lives?? What's keeping the "monster" from coming back in the middle of the night for one of them?? In their minds I see this as a very real fear..

Due to so many of the multiple reasons(some listed ^above^) I, nor would my other children ever spent another night in that home!!!

I completely understand this decision and would never pass
Judgement on a family in this nightmare.. But that's just me and MOO..

Good post.

My DD was almost to term in her pregnancy and living in an apartment complex and her car got broken into. Let's just say there was destruction as well as theft.

I felt it to some extent, but she really showed it. There was a lot of distrust for everyone around her, she didn't feel safe in her apartment. Soon after the baby was born, she moved. And some of that was because she didn't feel safe. And that was just because of a car. With a home being violated, a child being stolen, not knowing who was to blame, no I wouldn't feel it was safe to go back.

And I agree it might be different if the child was older, if there were any remote possiblity that the child might someday find it's way home.

I can imagine staying in a home and never changing the phone number if we were talking about an older child or an adult who might break free from kidnapper long enough to call or finally break the bonds of addiction, etc. and come home.

But Baby Lisa is not going to come home on her own and I don't think I've ever heard of a kidnapper - even the ones who ditch a kid at WalMart and run - who return the victim back to the scene of the crime.

If I were truly innocent, I cannot imagine ever being able to close my eyes and sleep in that house again. Especially with the other kids there. No way.

I didn't like the statement, even though I understand it, because it's like in her mind she is already "moving on"

I think, as hard as it would be, I would be there, looking for clues, walking through that house and checking for anything else that was missing.

She's moving on like she knows what happened to that baby. That bugs me. JMOO

Well it's not her house, it's Jeremy's. I wonder if he's planning on staying. I'm assuming it's the only house his son knows.

MOO ...

I know many will not agree with me ... BUT ...

I find this statement "ODD" ... you would think DB would be more CONCERNED about FINDING Baby Lisa then where she is going to live in the future ...

IMO ... I think DB has "something" to hide about Baby Lisa's "disappearance" from the house that night ...

MOO ...

My mom died in our home when I was a young girl. We all went to the hospital and stayed there as she died in the ER. When I went back into the house, I just was scared, and anxious. It was the first time I had been in our home, and momma was not there.

As the years went on, I grew up and the memory of her dying in front of me faded. I was glad we had the house, as I had so many fond memories of her there.

It's a two edged sword.

But there again, in my situation, I knew for sure Momma would never come home.

I'm sorry that happened to you, especially since you were just a girl at the time. I will likely be facing a similar dilemma soon, and so I have put considerable thought into what I will do. And I do believe that such a situation is, as you say, "a two-edged sword." I think that if you are compelled to stay in the house, for whatever reason, it does hurt like he[[ for a very long time. But if you can take it, the very source of your pain can become your comfort as you move through the stages of grief. So thank you for commenting, as it confirms some of my thoughts.

In light of this case, clearly everyone is different in their reactions and that makes it hard to draw conclusions based on DB's statement.

please remember to be respectful of one another. attack the post respectfully and not the poster. also be very careful of bringing rumors into the discussion

:grouphug:

MOO but "if" it turns out that the truth is that Lisa was infact abducted out of her home, from her room.. I, too could not be forced to live in that home ever again, no matter what amount of equity was built up In the home.. "if" it were a case similar to say Hailey Dunn with a 13 yr old and I held onto a glimmer of hope that she was out there as a runaway.. That IMO would be different as I could see it difficult to leave the room the child had a hand in decorating and making the room HER'S.. Hoping against hope one day she'd miraculously decide to come "home" and her home still be exactly as she left it.. That would leave me torn and find it difficult to ever alter her room as she left and to always be in that home should she ever find her way back to it someday..

But here that is not applicable.. It's nit as if Lisa
Would ever return to the safe haven as her home if she were to escape her abductor.. She is a 10 month old baby, that sadly the more time that passes the further any memories of her life and home with her family fade away.. The room and house do not hold the same meanings as they do with say, Hailey Dunn IMO..

Especially given the fact that these parents have two other small children I personally if in those same shoes would never so much as spend one night there with my other children.. To stay and live in the home when you are just broken into and robbed when no one is home is very difficult in and of itself.. The violation that is felt just from this is tremendous and leaves you feeling wide open and vulnerable.. I can attest to tht from personal experience.. Difficult and definitely takes time for you to ever feel "normal" in your own home, and NEVER FEEL LIKE YOU DID PRIOR TO THE VIOLATION..

So, I can only imagine the overwhelming feelings that one would have of vulnerability, fear, and literal terror if someone came into my home and abducted my child!! Those feelings IMO would be so overwhelming IMO that you could not force me stay in that home with my children for even one more night!!! And think of the children.. These children believe as they slept their sister was stolen from the bedroom next door.. At their age I imagine a grave sense of fear and terror fills their little heads of this "monster"(and in little kids heads likely they picture who took their sissy was a "monster") and can you imagine their feeling comfortable or not in literal fear for their own lives?? What's keeping the "monster" from coming back in the middle of the night for one of them?? In their minds I see this as a very real fear..

Due to so many of the multiple reasons(some listed ^above^) I, nor would my other children ever spent another night in that home!!!

I completely understand this decision and would never pass
Judgement on a family in this nightmare.. But that's just me and MOO..

I remember a movie my kids (the ones now grown) would rent all the time .It was called "The Flight of the Navigator" .
A young boy is taken into a spaceship by friendly aliens on the 4th of July.
He's able to come back,but in the future .To him it's the same day ,but his family aged .They never moved ,IIRC,hoping he'd come home one day.
He was able to get back to the right time ,eventually.
Cute movie.

Back to what-I-would-do's ; I always empathized with parents who lost their children. Never did I imagine I would have a child commit suicide,much less die.
I cannot stress enough that you might think you know what you would do,but everything changes when it happens to you.
There is a physical component to shock,grief and loss. Even the stoic cannot escape the body doing it's thing.
That's how I know Casey didn't go from a drowned Caylee to a casual date with Tony L a few hours later.
Deb didn't hide a dead Lisa after an accident,then doze off with her son and a kitten.
JMO

The address of the house is publicly known. Who would want to buy it? The Irwins don't have to live there but they will still owe the mortgage. I doubt the house is owned free and clear.

JMO

The memories they have of baby Lisa are in that house. How could they leave and never live there again? :mad:

Respectfully, memories do not reside inside buildings, they are in ones mind. Did we lose the memories of our own childhood when we moved from our parents home? Do we forget our college room mate because we no longer live in the dorm, apartment or sorority? Do we forget our grandparents because their homes are sold and they move to sunny Florida?

I would respect their decision either way, I would do exactly the same thing....be gone and never come back. Others might want to cling to the spot forever. BUT.....assuming that somehow, someway my child was going to be returned.....you can bet she would NEVER ever go to sleep in that house again.

JMO....of course

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan
Back