Mom Says Family Will Never Live In Home Again! What?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
well, let's hope LE takes every thing apart to see if Lisa is hidden there.
Did she ever leave that house?
IIRC, LE in Haleigh's case even looked behind a bathroom wall.
Lisa is so tiny and sweet, where is she???

Haven't read all the comments nor done an exhaustive study but I do find it strange to so quickly move from a house where a child was taken. It seems much more likely you would leave if the child had a fatal accident there and no hope of return. Especially with other children who likely need stability at this time to lose your sister and be forced to move out of what is familiar seems...off. When I think of cases we know of legitimate kidnappings I don't recall people moving right away before the case is resolved.

Until now I'd pretty much believed the parents but this just reminds me of Ron Cummings hightailing it out of that house after Haleigh disappeared and my belief about his involvement. Hinky to me but everyone's different so just my opinion.

Shades of Satsuma.....

Years ago, when having marital problems with my ex, I took my 2 kids an stayed with my parents. It didn't last long because myself and my kids just wanted to go home. Even though my kids were spoiled and my parents did everything they could to make us comfortable, their home wasn't our home. We moved back right after my then husband moved out.

I think your experience isn't all that unusual. There has been some media coverage recently about the trend of divorcing parents to be the ones taking turns sleeping away from home just so the children can have that stability.

I don't know too many people who can afford to abandon their home and pay rent/mortgage on two places. Many of the folks flooded out along the Missouri River the entire summer had to camp/live in their cars/bunk with relatives because they couldn't afford to pay two rents.

JMO

If my child were just missing than, I would stay for as long as it took till his/her return. However, if my child were murdered or accidentally killed there...I am almost positive that I would need to move.

JMOO, but if my child went missing from my home; I would NEVER be able to move from that address... I would be terrified to move or even change my phone numbers...

That and I think I would have to leave her little room just the way it was on the night she was taken from me...

But, you can bet your bippy that I would have the security stepped up like MAD.

Just saw this forum and I have to agree with you. I would NEVER leave my home if my child were kidnapped. I would be scared to death to leave in case my child somehow came home. Now on the other hand, if my child were murdered, or anyone for that fact in my home I wouldnt live there. Sounds disturbing to me.. JMO though.

I think it's more about the area . The older kids would play outside,ride bikes ,maybe the family comes home at times after dark. Those moments from a car to the door can put you in a vulnerable position,especially at night.
Besides the rational reasons, a mom who loses her child may not be thinking rationally. Stress,shock and lack of sleep can mess with your brain.

Someone attempted to break in on me many years ago while I was home. For nearly a year I had a loaded cocked gun in my hand everytime I came home after dark. And this was just an attempt, the guy never got into the house so I can see where fear could cause her to make the statement she made.

FYI - I carried the gun that way up until I almost shot my dog one night when uncocking the gun after entering the house....eeks!

it's a public record and would show in any case search on LEXIS or any state or local public resource which makes legal cases available. If people are just late on payments or if they are pursuing a modification or debt relief etc that would not be public info. But a foreclosure is like any other court case so it should be easy enough to find out if there actually is one.

I dont think it would show until repoed. not sure about that though! moo

JI has a good job and good pay as electrician, right?
He has owned the house since 2002 IIRC that is 10 years.

I realize it all sucks for everyone, but break ins resulting in material items being stolen and parents splitting up just can't begin to compare to a baby (a real human baby) being stolen from the one place that should be safe for a family. I could never blame anyone for not wanting to go back to live in a home where that happened. There is a good chance those boys are scared out of their minds to go back there, with good reason.

Whether it's what happened or not, these boys believe their sister was stolen right from her bed. I don't see how they could be more comfortable sleeping in their own beds at this point...just like their sister was on the other side of the wall.

JI has a good job and good pay as electrician, right?
He has owned the house since 2002 IIRC that is 10 years.

I do not know if JI's income has been steady the last 10 years. My nephew is an electrician in Kansas City and his income has not been steady the last several years.

JMO

I realize it all sucks for everyone, but break ins resulting in material items being stolen and parents splitting up just can't begin to compare to a baby (a real human baby) being stolen from the one place that should be safe for a family. I could never blame anyone for not wanting to go back to live in a home where that happened. There is a good chance those boys are scared out of their minds to go back there, with good reason.

Whether it's what happened or not, these boys believe their sister was stolen right from her bed. I don't see how they could be more comfortable sleeping in their own beds at this point...just like their sister was on the other side of the wall.

We don't know what the children believe happened nor does it matter. Many small children believe monsters are under their bed and it is up to parents to comfort them and make them feel safe in their own home. Seems to me that fleeing from their home would not make the children feel safer.

JMO

I can't judge them on this. They probably just can't bear to be there (if they're innocent).

it's a public record and would show in any case search on LEXIS or any state or local public resource which makes legal cases available. If people are just late on payments or if they are pursuing a modification or debt relief etc that would not be public info. But a foreclosure is like any other court case so it should be easy enough to find out if there actually is one.

And if a proceeding hasn't commenced, would a kidnapping of a child from the home be a reason a lender might grant a forbearance?

Jacob Wetterling...as Dumdum already referenced...Like his parents,that's the way I'd be.

FWIW I really did believe that it was an intruder who did this at first. But then I watched Deborah's interviews.

That means nothing. Really. People have such different emotions and to me there are so many things that point in her favor. She is not someone who is used to talking to cameras,police,agents. Her child is missing and she has no idea what is going on and the police are hounding her and the media is all but calling her a babykiller.

I am not convinced. I just don't see it here. I think it is something to be aware of someone's reactions but they don't mean much.

I get that she might change her mind later, but why the announcement? I guess I just don't understand what the heck is going on, and making that announcement is just weird. Where are the pleas for Lisa's return? Where is little Lisa? I am so sad.

There are never any plea's for little Lisa's return.

That means nothing. Really. People have such different emotions and to me there are so many things that point in her favor. She is not someone who is used to talking to cameras,police,agents. Her child is missing and she has no idea what is going on and the police are hounding her and the media is all but calling her a babykiller.

I am not convinced. I just don't see it here. I think it is something to be aware of someone's reactions but they don't mean much.

I was of the opinion the mother was involved before she announced she was told she failed the poly. So what exactly points in her favor? Everything she has said seems to indicate she knows exactly what happened to Lisa.

JMO

I think studies have shown that nothing comforts a child taken out of their home better than sleeping in their own bed.

JMO

I don't know about that. When you're six or eight you may be more concerned about the very real boogey man/woman who took your baby sister and may come back to take you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back