Morgan to Depose George, Cindy & Lee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know if all of these lawyers involved would just have an intern take a peek at this site they would have known....just sayin....:slap:

lol yes, true. Maybe they'll smarten up and become sleuths too.

Trying again, just in case anyone actually wants to discuss the judge's actual ruling.

The A's emotional health (what's being called "extra special grief") did not seem to have much bearing on his ruling. The judge made it VERY clear that he is concerned and unhappy with all the media attention that this case has received and that he was trying to thwart Morgan's plan to turn the depos into a media event. I think Morgan brought this on himself by announcing his plans to invite the media to the depos and ask surprise questions. Morgan wanted to play hot shot TV lawyer/hero and the judge shot him down.

Does anyone want to talk about that?

I agree the media played a big role in the court's decision. However, the ultimate reason for the delay was, imo, the "extra special grief" due to KM offering to keep media out and the court's response. The court made it clear the court would be fashioning parameters in keeping with the medical reports/recommendations.

I hope those psych statements precede today's date.

And I hope the records show treatment began after today for CA. We all know GA has been seen recently but I do wonder when was his last appointment? :)

I felt ZFG's lawyer was being a little overbearing in the court room. Don't get me wrong please, I like him and am on his side. I was just getting that from the atmosphere of the room. He seemed like he doesn't really know how to look meek--mild--mellow (you know like--"awwwwww poor me and poor lil ZFG").

Then look over at the poor lil Ant's lawyer in he lil wheel chair. Now this man was made for the Ants. He sits there and is all meek--mild--mellow. He knows how to play the "poor me" card.

Ok I'll shut up while I am ahead. Maybe I should head to "rant" now?

If perception is 90% of reality, then, BINGO! Kismet.

Live on wftv: KM was interviewed by Kathi Belich and said he wished he'd known about all the post-remains appearances prior to the hearing. Also it was reported that BC 'doesn't want to go back in front of that judge' ostensibly due to this.

Thanks for the update!

Who do we smack upside the head for this one? :banghead:

Live on wftv: KM was interviewed by Kathi Belich and said he wished he'd known about all the post-remains appearances prior to the hearing. Also it was reported that BC 'doesn't want to go back in front of that judge' ostensibly due to this.
(bold above by me)

???

Anyone think this is a good point to raise when we talk about jury pools and media contamination?

(bold above by me)

???

Anyone think this is a good point to raise when we talk about jury pools and media contamination?

Yes because it's the A's out there making appearances. If the pool is being contaminated, it's by them and the people/state can't be punished for it. I expect that to be a key point in the argument against change of venue.

Trying again, just in case anyone actually wants to discuss the judge's actual ruling.

The A's emotional health (what's being called "extra special grief") did not seem to have much bearing on his ruling. The judge made it VERY clear that he is concerned and unhappy with all the media attention that this case has received and that he was trying to thwart Morgan's plan to turn the depos into a media event. I think Morgan brought this on himself by announcing his plans to invite the media to the depos and ask surprise questions. Morgan wanted to play hot shot TV lawyer/hero and the judge shot him down.

I'm wondering about the number of civil cases that have come before the outcome of the criminal case. (I know this part of the discussion much earlier).

I also think that may have been a tactical error on Morgan's part, Chilly.

I think it's difficult to respond to your perception since most people did not get to view it (and I can't).

I tend to favour lin's more balanced assessment (response to you), anyway. :D I'm hoping there's a transcript.

Awww thanks, elementary! Again, considering the talent, intelligence, and logic of the source, that's a huge compliment.

PS: Great sig line. I may have to steal that too. :)

I agree the media played a big role in the court's decision. However, the ultimate reason for the delay was, imo, the "extra special grief" due to KM offering to keep media out and the court's response. The court made it clear the court would be fashioning parameters in keeping with the medical reports/recommendations.

If the 'ultimate' reason for the delay was the ESG, I wonder why the judge didn't say so and addressed only the media issues when giving his ruling. It seems like the 'ultimate' reason would receive the 'ultimate' amount of weight when explaining his decision rather than basically being treated as an aside.

I'm feeling the love! ( ( ( group hug ) ) )

And MamaBear, I really enjoyed your color commentary on the doings in court today. Most excellent and thanks.

Why does this judge remind me of Lance Ito? Sweeps, ratings, mentioning his daughter is in the *biz*. Totally inappropriate.

ETA: I've decided to expect nothing reasonable from this judge in the future. Nada, zip, zero.

If the 'ultimate' reason for the delay was the ESG, I wonder why the judge didn't say so and addressed only the media issues when giving his ruling. It seems like the 'ultimate' reason would receive the 'ultimate' amount of weight when explaining his decision rather than basically being treated as an aside.

He was very clear in his ruling and refusal to KM that he would be making orders, fashioning a way for KM to have live depo's, within Dr. recommendations, imo. Is there a link up to review, yet?

Why does this judge remind me of Lance Ito? Sweeps, ratings, mentioning his daughter is in the *biz*. Totally inappropriate.

I'm confident it is inappropriate and expect it to be mentioned in the media briefs. Doesn't matter what time of the year it is; matters what the law says.

BC was playing pity card again, poor him up against such a great lawyer, so eloquent, blah blah and judge told him he was good too.

Granting this hearing on 24 hrs. notice is considered moving huge mountains a great distance. Things like that. I'm getting the impression that a lot of what this guy does is based on the pleadings; he comes in with a preconceived decision and sees if anyone talks him out of it. I also agree with the other poster that he doesn't like making decisions and has succeeded in postponing this one. He's new; he'll get better and I really think he was frustrated but didn't want to be callous toward the A's and their "extra special grief." Especially on live tv.

He also had to consider what would happen with any decision. I think he fully expected the A's to not show up regardless of what he ordered. Then KM/JM file a motion to enforce/compel/or hold in contempt. Then there's another hearing and the A's get to bring in their doctor notes or whatever and explain why they shouldn't be enforced/compelled/or held in contempt. So, realistically, the court may have actually made a very good decision. I'm so glad you asked because I hadn't considered it before, due to that break out, you know, from my allergy to 'extra special grief.'

I mean, think about it: So tomorrow comes, no A's. Then KM/JM have to file a motion for whichever and get hearing time and match calendars between them, BC, their client, the A's and the court. Don't know how busy the Ninth Circuit is but I'm from a smaller town and 30 days to get a hearing is fairly quick on a standard motion. Can easily be six weeks or longer. So, rather than do what some of us wanted or expected, just order media out, court is basically having the hearing to enforce/compel/or hold in contempt in 20 days along with the briefs from the media. And he'll have to decide then. And also, KM now knows about those other media appearances and you can bet they'll be offered as evidence at that time. And the court will frown at BC for lying.

Bold 1: Wow wow wow! That explains a lot! Glad to know the judge did not spontaneously volunteer that remark. Thanks!

Bold 2: So the judge moved mountains for the As, correct?

Bold 3: Heh. Achoo! Your reasoning about the judge's reasoning is convincing. Thanks! I'd rather think well of the decision than not.

Bold 4: Does this mean BC has run out of options? And that the judge absolutely must make a decision?

Bold 5: If the court learns that BC lied what happens to BC? Pardon me while I savour this event.

I think I have a better handle on how the court works now. I so appreciate the time you've taken to explain and surmise. It almost stopped the itching! :D

i felt zfg's lawyer was being a little overbearing in the court room. Don't get me wrong please, i like him and am on his side. I was just getting that from the atmosphere of the room. He seemed like he doesn't really know how to look meek--mild--mellow (you know like--"awwwwww poor me and poor lil zfg").

then look over at the poor lil ant's lawyer in he lil wheel chair. Now this man was made for the ants. He sits there and is all meek--mild--mellow. He knows how to play the "poor me" card.

ok i'll shut up while i am ahead. Maybe i should head to "rant" now?

yikes!

I'm wondering about the number of civil cases that have come before the outcome of the criminal case. (I know this part of the discussion much earlier).

I also think that may have been a tactical error on Morgan's part, Chilly.

To me it seems logical that a criminal case should always come before a civil case. Not that I see it happening here, but for arguments sake, what IF it should come out during the criminal trial that there actually is another ZFG and she did kidnap Caylee? In the meantime, ZFG has, potentially, been awarded damages when, in fact, Casey was only telling the truth.

Yeah, I know, but let's pretend.

I'm confident it is inappropriate and expect it to be mentioned in the media briefs. Doesn't matter what time of the year it is; matters what the law says.

Yes, I think Morgan & Co. got their wake up call today and they will be PREPARED for any and all eventualities at the next hearing. (fingers crossed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member