• Revenge/rage against Cindy

Votes: 83 17.2%
  • Tony didn't want a little girl around

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • more than one of the above

Votes: 366 75.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Motive to get attention back on her from Cindy, she used Caylee to hurt and spite Cindy into that attention.

Yep! plus Caylee was just in her way, I don't believe it had anything to do with her beginning to talk! Casey is a sociopath she thinks she can get away with anything, Catlee talking did not concern her, I bet she never even gave it any thought. Caylee was just a liability, dispensible and she just had to go!

<snip from PattyG>
When I watch the video of Caylee on June 15th, it appears her vocabulary is limited. About the only clear words are Mama, Papa, and maybe "all done."

</snip>

In my opinion, in that video of Caylee with the book at the nursing home, Caylee is not "talking." Caylee is "pretending to read out loud."
So she's going "bla bla bla mama bla bla papa bla blablablabla all done" as she's turning the pages.

When my daughter who will be three in Nov. "reads" her favorite book she remembers what word/ story goes with each page from memory.....I was very shocked with the lack of vocab. in the video when I first saw it.

I do like Marlap theory

My daughter is turning 2 in October and she says certain words…

But my daughter understands a lot even though she can't make sentences

One thing she can do is
I can ask her to go get her shoes and she will get them… I can tell her to find her bottle and she knows where she last left it…

When the house phone rings she knows how to find it and answer it…

so if Caylee was about to turn three
the following questions could at least been answered with a "yes" or "no".

CA could of asked her many questions to get the story instead of asking Caylee what did you do todaypay likely CA asked Casey
did you go to the park… no
did mommy take you to the store… yes
did she buy food… no
did she buy clothes… yes
where you in the car alot… yes
did you are mommys friends… yes
where they nice to you… no
were they screaming… yes
did mommy play with you… no
what did you do watch tv… yes

with all of those questions you can make a story

I removed my thread posts because the subject line of this thread reads Motive : because Caylee could talk .

My thread and posts were are off topic as were not just limited to Caylee could talk . Even though that could be just one of the many possiblities other posters may have other ideas .

I was hoping for more feedback on ALL possible motives
No disrespect intended :)

From what I saw of the interview of 'Nate' on NG the other night (when he was talking about how smart little Caylee was) she was already smarter than her so called 'mother'. I'm sure she was talking up a storm.

CA should have gotten custody of Caylee when she was an infant, then made KC prove herself fit before she even considered leaving her alone with the little girl. Especially since she was responsible for KC keeping her. Perhaps that is why she is determined to defend her, subconsciously she feels responsible (and she should).

Who knows KC better than her mother and you KNOW she did not wait until her 20's to start exibiting this sort of behavior, there is NO telling what all she has done throughout her life.

I think it was hard to tell on that video how well Caylee could actually speak, because she seemed like she was being kind of silly, and I know when my girls were that age (and even now at 8 and 5), when they got into silly moods, they sometimes would talk babyish or goofy, like this.

But, I think you could be on to something in regards to a motive. I don't know if this is the sole motive, though, but I definitely think it plays a part. Jealousy of Caylee, coupled with a responsibility that she never really wanted and extra baggage that may have made her seem less attractive to some of the guys she was hooking up with and difficult to live the fly by night lifestyle that she wanted to lead. And, as Caylee got older and her speech and knowledge of things grew, she would become a witness to Casey's lies and could also contradict her or snitch her out. Not to mention, she was angry with CA and Casey does seem like the vindictive type, that revenge could've also been another motivator. I think there are a ton of motives in Casey's mind why she would want rid of Caylee. Of course, take out the revenge one, and she could've just left Caylee with CA and went on her merry way and been rid of Caylee. I really wish, for Caylee's sake, Casey would've just left Caylee at the Anthony's house and skipped town on June 15th. Her parents may have been pissed, but little Caylee would still be here and things would've really been better for everyone. Sorry to go OT, a little. But, even with those motivators, and seeing Caylee's sweet little face, I couldn't for the life of me imagine purposely harming her. But, I do think Casey could.

I have always wondered about this theory...IF Caylee was able to express herself more clearly, she was going to be spilling the beans about their whereabouts during the day and everyone would know KC did not have a job, she was hanging around in tattoo parlors, there was no ZG, etc.

Maybe she already started talking with CA and this started a fight.

Even if Caylee's speech wasn't that developed, I am sure that was able to understand and answer questions that Cindy would have asked her.

Perhaps Cindy was verifying her daughter's "mistruths" with Caylee and Casey felt betrayed by her own child for "telling on her".

I really agree with everyone who said that it was probably multiple motives:

Caylee beginning to talk
Loss of freedom
Jealousy of Cindy
Impedes time with boyfriends
Big fight that weekend.

I think her motive was all these things and the fight put her over the edge.
I really do think Caylee talking was one of the stronger motives.

A pathological liar like Casey would have been worried about this for months as Caylee grew and began vocalizing more. I think this motive drove her to Internet searches for cholorform (which must have been before the fight).

I think she had planned this and it was first degree murder--no accident.

I think the fight just made Casey do it when she did it--

Excuse me if this is a newbie question, my memory isn't very good at times, and maybe I've seen evidence of this, but have since forgotten.

If this were to be true, in the statements made by at least one of Casey's friends, would they have not said something to the effect, that they had a feeling Casey was lying to them because Caylee's statements didn't seem to coincide (sp) with Casey's?

From what I remember, all her freinds didn't start looking at her that way until all this started happening...but maybe I'm wrong in this.

For her to do something of this nature, I would assume Caylee would have to exibit signs of this for her to think of it. But then, no one really knows exactly what the family and her were arguing about, this could have happened "in family."

Was just wondering if I had missed something is all. Hope I didn't offend. :)

In the 400 page document Casey's friends all told police on their initial interviews that Casey was a liar and everyone knew it. Both Kiomarie and Amy told police this. I think the only ones who didn't know Casey was a huge liar were her boyfriend and his roommates - but then the relationship was brand new and Casey kept them all away from her other friends and only hung around them with their friends.

I have always wondered about this theory...IF Caylee was able to express herself more clearly, she was going to be spilling the beans about their whereabouts during the day and everyone would know KC did not have a job, she was hanging around in tattoo parlors, there was no ZG, etc.

Maybe she already started talking with CA and this started a fight.

I agree - this is a good motive theory. Little kids say things and spill secrets, which is inconvenient if the Mommy is doing something illegal or telling lies. Even worse if Mom is childish and lives in a fantasy world.

So Caylee certainly saw things she might mention to her grandparents, so she was a "witness."

It's not a lack of intelligence if someone doesn't talk alot, although girls seem to usually be more verbal. My daughter was a motormouth extrovert and liked to sing loudly out in public, haha. She would tell everyone what was going on with us in embarassing detail. My two boys are shy and quiet, and when they were three-four people thought they couldn't talk at all! But at home when they were around family they were certainly loud enough, and still are.

I am so sorry if this post is too long, but I have been living and breathing this case for too long. I have been trying to figure out what went wrong between a mother and daughter (times 2 = Cindy with Casey, and Casey with Caylee)

I just watched Nancy Grace again tonight (rerun on Saturday) and she was interviewing Nate, who was in shadow and had been staying with Tony. I had never heard of Nate until I saw him on Nancy Grace. If LE spoke to him and took a statement, it has not been released. (not that I can find)

Here is the link to the transcript for the show. This is a snip of what Nate said. When I saw the show the first time, I didn't think anything of it, but tonight, when I watched it, I think it reveals Casey's motive for eliminating Caylee from her life.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0809/09/ng.01.html

Snip ~
NATE: She said that Caylee was at the nanny`s. But when she started staying with us full-time, she had said that, you know, there were some problems at home, she didn`t want Caylee being subjected to it.

GRACE: What problems?

"NATE: I`m not exactly sure on the specifics. I`m not sure if it was problems between her parents or if she was having problems with her parents. I`m not exactly sure as to the nature of the problems -- but that she did not want Caylee to be subjected to the environment. So she brought Caylee -- she told us that she brought Caylee to the nanny`s and that she was going to stay with us in the evenings, which -- I mean, we`re an apartment that`s on a 24-hour schedule. There`s constantly people in and out.

So to us, it did not seem like a good idea to have Caylee at our apartment full-time, so we thought she was doing the good motherly thing. You know, she didn`t want to impose herself on the nanny also, so Caylee would stay there in the evenings, and she would stay with us in the evenings." ~ Snip End.

It sounds like there had been a discussion between the boys that they did not want Caylee around full time. Probably discussed between Tony, Clint, and Nate (Cameron, too?). Who all was living there and visiting?

Casey had been, or was going to be kicked out of her house (huge argument with Cindy about theft that the neighbor heard). Cindy probably told Casey to get out of the house and support herself, and Caylee. Thus the reason that Casey and Caylee pretty much moved in with Tony.

I can't figure this out on my own. I have been living and breathing this case for 12 long weeks (as Nancy would say). My house is a disaster and I am losing all contact with friends and family. When I get up in the morning, the first thing I do is check out this website to see if Casey has been arrested. If there is no news, I go to the live webcam to what is happening at the house. (For those that can capture the pic on tinyurl or photobucket, I am forever grateful!)

So, here are my questions:

When did Casey start living with the boys full time (with Caylee)?

What was the date that she told the boys that she brought Caylee to the nanny?

Who is "us" that Nate referred to?

After the group discussion among the boys, who was the person that told Casey not to bring Caylee around so much?

Are there any court records showing that Nate talked to police and what day? Any transcripts in the 400 page doc dump?

What date did Casey look up chloroform on her computer? Before or after this conversation? I would bet after.

I believe that the police can put an in-depth timeline together. They know all of this. It is only a matter of time now.

One more thing: Have compassion for Cindy and George. I believe Cindy is blaming herself for this as she had an argument with Casey about Casey moving out and Cindy legally taking Caylee. Do not, for a moment, forget that this is a mother who may lose a daughter and has already lost a granddaughter. This is not what Cindy wanted or expected.

Laney :blowkiss:

What a horrible thing for those guys to have to live with - in trying to do the right thing for little Caylee, they may have pushed Casey over the edge.

What a horrible thing for those guys to have to live with - in trying to do the right thing for little Caylee, they may have pushed Casey over the edge.
That's why they need to see a good therapist. CASEY IS RESPONSIBLE!

LaneyMae- I can definitely relate to how you feel about the case. I had never heard of Nate either before the show. It kind of threw me. I thought it was said that Caylee never slept over the apartment. I believe that Casey spent a great deal of time there starting from early in June. I'm sure at that point she was leaving Caylee home with her parents at night. I remember early on that GA said that Casey had started to hang with new friends (as an explanation for her behavior in some way-IMO). I think her staying out AND the money situation was what led to the blow up on the 15th. I found the 24/7 statement odd. I guess people were hanging out, coming/going at all hours. I think even TL was a bit uncomfortable with how fast things were going with Casey. Maybe she played on his emotions with the bs story about her parents so he felt sorry for her and allowed her to stay. Heck, if he didn't like it, he could have said "don't come over". I didn't get a good sense of TL.

I have never heard the name Nate until the NG show when she interviewed him. There are a lot of things we don't know except for the fact that Caylee is missing and probably no longer with us. I do have compassion for Cindy and George, because regardless of what they have said or done not one of us can really say what we would do. I am a single mom and I have an 18 year old daughter who is my rock. She's my life and if anything ever happened to her I would be devistated. I couldn't bare to see her in jail in a cold cell alone with nobody, and the entire nation hating her. I'd be a complete wreck knowing that I've lost a beautiful grandchild, and my daughter may spend the rest of her life in prison. Talk about waking up to a nightmare that never ends.

Casey is mentally ill and should have been in therapy years ago. This is a sad case that has sucked the life out of so many people. I've read that people are not preparing meals for their familys, not spending time with their spouses, children and animals, putting off chores, and ignoring friends. It's time we all take our lives back and move on because there's absolutely nothing anybody here can do to change what's been said or done since June16th, 2008. This is a depressing sad case and nothing good can come of it. Caylee may never be found, and that's really sad because one person can stop the pain but won't because she is self centered and extreemly selfish.

LaneyMae- I can definitely relate to how you feel about the case. I had never heard of Nate either before the show. It kind of threw me. I thought it was said that Caylee never slept over the apartment. I believe that Casey spent a great deal of time there starting from early in June. I'm sure at that point she was leaving Caylee home with her parents at night. I remember early on that GA said that Casey had started to hang with new friends (as an explanation for her behavior in some way-IMO). I think her staying out AND the money situation was what led to the blow up on the 15th. I found the 24/7 statement odd. I guess people were hanging out, coming/going at all hours. I think even TL was a bit uncomfortable with how fast things were going with Casey. Maybe she played on his emotions with the bs story about her parents so he felt sorry for her and allowed her to stay. Heck, if he didn't like it, he could have said "don't come over". I didn't get a good sense of TL.

Hey RR, thanks.

I think that there is so much we do not know. I agree with you that there were many people coming over and TL was uncomforable. And she hooked onto him so fast! You can't commit to a relationship in 6 weeks, but I think after 6 weeks, if he adored her, she would move on. I don't get it.

I should not have clicked the link in the first post. It took me 10 minutes to stop crying to be able to type. My son is 31 months old, speaks at the level of a 12-18 month old. Autism sucks. Everytime I see something htat reminds me ho far behind he is, it makes me cry.

Anyway, back on topic. I know that pathological liars will go to some pretty incredible lengths to keep people believig their lies. I know that one from family experience.
So if Caylee was starting to talk more and had almost revealed Casey's lies a few times, that may have been too much.
However in the videos, Caylee does seem to be a bit behind in speech. Could be a developmental delay, could be that no one really communicated with her to teach her how to talk, could be that she didn't want to talk much yet. (I said nothing but the word "duck" until I was 4.)
I don't buy what Nate had to say, he materialized out of thin air at a time when NG was getting bashed for running old news as breaking news and then he vanished back into thin air.
It could have been something as simple as Cindy asking about their day and Casey saying "I dropped her at Zany's and went to work." and Caylee saying "We went to the beach."
I do think that CAsey's lifestyle, even though it was fake, was very important to her and she would have done anything to protect it and her self image.
Sorry, I rambled, but I am really tired.

I have never heard the name Nate until the NG show when she interviewed him. There are a lot of things we don't know except for the fact that Caylee is missing and probably no longer with us. I do have compassion for Cindy and George, because regardless of what they have said or done not one of us can really say what we would do. I am a single mom and I have an 18 year old daughter who is my rock. She's my life and if anything ever happened to her I would be devistated. I couldn't bare to see her in jail in a cold cell alone with nobody, and the entire nation hating her. I'd be a complete wreck knowing that I've lost a beautiful grandchild, and my daughter may spend the rest of her life in prison. Talk about waking up to a nightmare that never ends.

Casey is mentally ill and should have been in therapy years ago. This is a sad case that has sucked the life out of so many people. I've read that people are not preparing meals for their familys, not spending time with their spouses, children and animals, putting off chores, and ignoring friends. It's time we all take our lives back and move on because there's absolutely nothing anybody here can do to change what's been said or done since June16th, 2008. This is a depressing sad case and nothing good can come of it. Caylee may never be found, and that's really sad because one person can stop the pain but won't because she is self centered and extreemly selfish.

DazzlinDEBSD,

Your daughter is lucky to have you for a Mom. You must be very proud of her!

I cannot even imagine losing a child and dealing with such a loss. I can feel so much love for your daughter in your post. You touched my heart. :blowkiss:

I agree about taking our lives back. I spend way too much time on this forum. My husband died in January, (i am a young widow) so I really understand about losing the most important person in your life and how devasting it is.,

Laney

Great post!!

Were they afraid of Casey and just led her along? I think that whatever they say, she twists it around. She needs more than anyone can give her.

Laney

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back