Movie:Devil's Knot

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also want to add that I haven't seen the movie and the opinions in the post above, I formed by watching the trailer only.

Honestly (and IMO) the trailer didn't make it look very appealing.

I, too, watched on DirecTV, not online. Sorry you're having problems, pcrum12. missy g, I'm pretty sure that, when you actually get to see the movie, you'll find it riveting and you'll like it. I agree that the trailers don't do it justice. Just hang in there. May 9th isn't too far away.

I still plan on watching it. I will try not to judge it based on the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone else had the chance to watch it? I'd be really interested in opinions.

I'm trying to see if I can find it. I don't know anyone with direct but I'm wondering if the local cable company has it available.

Oh wait, my mom has direct! Guess I will have to give her $10.

Does the movie take a prosecution, defense, or neutral side on the case? I don't think anything will top the three part HBO Paradise Lost Series! That was AWESOME!

Satch

It definitely takes the side of the defense. As it's not a documentary (and is obviously not as long and detailed as the PL series), you're right. It's not nearly as good as the PL series and West of Memphis. As I've said before, it is a Hollywood treatment of the case - many inaccuracies, etc. However, as obsessed about this case as I am, I'm going to watching anything and everything about the case that I can!

I am eager to see it. If anyone here is familiar with Atom Egoyan's other films, you know he has a unique/sometimes peculiar style. I was actually really surprised when I first heard he signed on to do this as it didn't seem like a good fit (I really didn't see Reese as Pam either). I'll have to see and make my judgment though. :)

As of today, the movie is available for pre-order (approx. $21 on prime) on Amazon, at least in the States. Shipment is estimated in June, 2014.

Watched it. Very interesting take on this case, a little finger pointing, and a beginning that made me shift my focus from the WM3 part of the case to the victims of the crime. Sometimes I feel that they've been lost, but this movie's perspective really brought them to the forefront for me.

Watched it. Very interesting take on this case, a little finger pointing, and a beginning that made me shift my focus from the WM3 part of the case to the victims of the crime. Sometimes I feel that they've been lost, but this movie's perspective really brought them to the forefront for me.

BBM

I believe that was one of the reasons for the film. The victims are often forgotten, and supporters are sometimes accused of forgetting the victims. I haven't, and I won't. There are really six victims in this case: Damien, Jason and Jessie are victims of the State of Arkansas and Christopher, Michael and Steven are victims of a vicious killer. I want justice for all six victims, and I won't rest until it happens.

I obtained a copy of this movie and I want to say that it took a completely different direction than I thought it would.

I like how it focuses a bit on early parts of the investigation like Chris Morgan and Aaron Hutcheson. In many of the documentaries, all that is lost. I haven't finished watching it yet so I'll review again when I'm finished.

I'm trying to see if I can find it. I don't know anyone with direct but I'm wondering if the local cable company has it available.

Oh wait, my mom has direct! Guess I will have to give her $10.

For anyone who's interested you can watch it online at putlocker. Just type it in to google :)

I always caution people about those "bootleg" sites (which, IMO, are a violation of copyright laws). Often using sites like that will result in a nasty computer virus. Be aware.

I agree. I would never stream it.

Well, I finally managed to watch it.

There sure was quite a few inaccuracies and things added for dramatic effect. It did do a good job at pointing out how shoddy the police investigation was and it did cast doubt. And I suppose you can't expect a lot when a complex case like this is being squeezed in to a an hour and 45 minutes by Hollywood.
All in all, not too bad I suppose. Hopefully, it make more people aware of the case. Whatever facts they may have gotten wrong is nothing that won't be cleared up by forums and websites.

Well, I finally managed to watch it.

There sure was quite a few inaccuracies and things added for dramatic effect. It did do a good job at pointing out how shoddy the police investigation was and it did cast doubt. And I suppose you can't expect a lot when a complex case like this is being squeezed in to a an hour and 45 minutes by Hollywood.
All in all, not too bad I suppose. Hopefully, it make more people aware of the case. Whatever facts they may have gotten wrong is nothing that won't be cleared up by forums and websites.

My thoughts exactly! I counted over 50 discrepancies between fact and Hollywood fiction, but none egregious. I, too, hope that the movie generates more interest in the case.

BTW, the movie has a Facebook page. That page lists the cities in which it will open on May 9, 2014. Unfortunately, it's going into limited release (big cities only). Hopefully, it will go into wider release soon. I'm sure the Facebook page will be the best source of up to date information on the film. Here's a link. If it doesn't work (sometimes Facebook page links don't), the page is called "Devil's Knot Movie."

Just watched it. Nothing noteworthy except I like how it focused on the story from the perspective of the PI and Pam Hobbs. It definitely left open enough reasonable doubt for the viewer. Like Claudicici said, it was very gentle and very introspective.

Does anyone know if that's true about the knife at the end of the movie?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back