MS - 14-year old shoots parents; kills mother - Mar. 19, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They chose to represent CG 'pro bono'. I just watched an interview with Todd on YouTube.

He let the witnesses talk way beyond getting an answer. I don’t know if I’ve seen it to this degree before. He didn’t stop them and should have moved to the next question.

He basically gave the state the opportunity to write their story. On the days that I watched it, at the end, he did not object to anything.

I started watching that interview but gave up after a few minutes. I was hoping someone would call Todd out on her ridiculous accusation of a Brady violation but I doubt that happened. jmo
Todd wasn't called out on it :( Seemed like a lot of viewers were on the 'poor CG train' and were asking questions about sending her money and things from her Amazon wishlist. It was sickening.

Yep... the viewer comments were the reason I couldn't watch. Ugh!!
It was all about Carly's suffering and how horrible it is for her to spend all her time alone in segregation. I am not sure what people get out of wanting to pay her legal fees for an appeal, put money in her jail account or buy things from her Amazon list that Todd is going to set up for her.
Meanwhile there is a woman who was viciously gunned down and left to die on the floor.

"Teenage girl, who killed mom and

invited friend to see corpse,

gets life in prison.

After the shooting, Gregg
invited a friend over to see the body.

'Are you squeamish around dead bodies?'
the friend, identified in court documents as B.W. due to their minor status,
remembers Gregg asking."

:oops:

Last edited:
“This was not the result of an uncontrollable mental breakdown. This was calculated, and Carly knew exactly what she was doing,” Newman told the jury.
Jurors deliberated for a little over two hours before returning a guilty verdict on all charges, including first-degree murder, attempted murder, and tampering with evidence.

Judge Dewey Arthur then told the jury to resume deliberations regarding sentencing. The jury returned after another few hours and recommended that Gregg be sentenced to life without parole.

Mon,09/23/24

I would like to think she was mentally ill, but I dont know apparently she knew what she was doing and wanted to do it, and planned it.

CG shot her mother in the face before ambushing her stepfather. There is video of her killing her mother. A disturbing video.

During the trial, CG’s defense team focused on her mental health issues, to no avail.

CG did struggle with depression and auditory hallucinations, according to Dr. Clark’s (he treated CG) testimony.

The defense argued that these issues, compounded by medication worsened her symptoms and led to the murder of her mother.

The state rebuttal, "You agree that CG tried to cover up her crime." Dr. Clark, replied, yes.

CG knew right from wrong. She ran from the murder scene.

CG did not lie and say her stepfather had molested her, that her mother knew about it and ignored it and that was the reason that she killed her. She could have got sympathy for something … maybe. There was no evidence of abuse of the kind implied by (Bridget) Todd ever introduced during trial.

The state also introduced evidence from the crime scene, including text messages CG sent to her friends after the murder, inviting them to come over and see her mother’s body.

Diabolical. Yes, jmo. Would she had been a mass murderer? A serial killer, had she not been stopped? jmo

CG did struggle with depression and auditory hallucinations, according to Dr. Clark’s (he treated CG) testimony.

RSBM just for clarification... Dr Clark didn't treat CG, he evaluated CG (her med/psych history, etc), wrote a report, and testified about his findings in court.

As an aside, I'll just add my opinion... any prior history of CG having AVH (auditory verbal hallucinations) was not completely reliable.

I wonder if Dr Clark was paid for his professional time and testimony (and who paid his fees) OR was he pro bono (like defense team)??

I wonder how juvenile mental health treatment is administered in MS prisons.

Last edited:
RSBM just for clarification... Dr Clark didn't treat CG, he evaluated CG (her med/psych history, etc), wrote a report, and testified about his findings in court.

As an aside, I'll just add my opinion... any prior history of CG having AVH (auditory verbal hallucinations) was not completely reliable.

I wonder if Dr Clark was paid for his professional time and testimony (and who paid his fees) OR was he pro bono (like defense team)??

I wonder how juvenile mental health treatment is administered in MS prisons.
According to linked article:

Dr. Andrew Clark, a child psychologist who treated Gregg, testified that Gregg had been struggling with depression and auditory hallucinations. The defense argued that these issues, compounded by medication that reportedly worsened her symptoms, led to the murder of her mother and attempted murder of her stepfather.

Dr. Andrew Clark, a child psychologist who treated Gregg, testified that Gregg had been struggling with depression and auditory hallucinations. The defense argued that these issues, compounded by medication that reportedly worsened her symptoms, led to the murder of her mother and attempted murder of her stepfather.

I can definitely see this as a real factor here, especially because she’s only 14. This is NOT to say that I can’t see the criminal intent aspect or the enormity of the crime.

I believe that "treated" is a typo in the article. I just watched the full video of Dr. Clark's testimony and he says clearly more than once that his only time seeing Carly was one 4 hour interview that took place after her arrest, in late August, during which attorney Todd was present.

The article is incorrect and misleading. Treatment of a patient is not the same as an evaluation.

@nao
Some of what her stepfather testified to about bio dad. Also recall that the divorce was contentious, the mother was afraid of him, he still had visitation at the time of the murder, but have to look for the other links:

Heath claimed he had no idea Carly was smoking. However, he blamed her biological father for forcing her to be exposed and sometimes consume substances.

“Every drug I can think of it sounds like he tried them or was doing them regularly. He was constantly doing drugs in front of her, blowing smoke in her face,” Heath said, even though he’s never met the father. “It sounds like he sat her down and made her drink an entire beer when she was 12.”

Carly’s father has had an extensive history of drug abuse, according to Heath.

Last edited:
@nao
Some of what her stepfather testified to about bio dad. Also recall that the divorce was contentious, the mother was afraid of him, he still had visitation at the time of the murder, but have to look for the other links:

Heath claimed he had no idea Carly was smoking. However, he blamed her biological father for forcing her to be exposed and sometimes consume substances.

“Every drug I can think of it sounds like he tried them or was doing them regularly. He was constantly doing drugs in front of her, blowing smoke in her face,” Heath said, even though he’s never met the father. “It sounds like he sat her down and made her drink an entire beer when he was 12.”

Carly’s father has had an extensive history of drug abuse, according to Heath.

Just replying to myself to add Law and Crime network (I believe it’s an accepted source?) which testimony speaks of the contentious divorce and other matters:

Jurors deliberated for a little over two hours before returning a guilty verdict on all charges, including first-degree murder, attempted murder, and tampering with evidence.

Judge Dewey Arthur then told the jury to resume deliberations regarding sentencing. The jury returned after another few hours and recommended that Gregg be sentenced to life without parole.

Mon,09/23/24

I would like to think she was mentally ill, but I dont know apparently she knew what she was doing and wanted to do it, and planned it.

CG shot her mother in the face before ambushing her stepfather. There is video of her killing her mother. A disturbing video.

During the trial, CG’s defense team focused on her mental health issues, to no avail.

The defense argued that these issues, compounded by medication worsened her symptoms and led to the murder of her mother.

The state rebuttal, "You agree that CG tried to cover up her crime." Dr. Clark, replied, yes.

CG knew right from wrong. She ran from the murder scene.

CG did not lie and say her stepfather had molested her, that her mother knew about it and ignored it and that was the reason that she killed her. She could have got sympathy for something … maybe. There was no evidence of abuse of the kind implied by (Bridget) Todd ever introduced during trial.

The state also introduced evidence from the crime scene, including text messages CG sent to her friends after the murder, inviting them to come over and see her mother’s body.

Diabolical. Yes, jmo. Would she had been a mass murderer? A serial killer, had she not been stopped? jmo
When I was 14, if one of my friends invited me over to see her dead mother's corpse, I would not have said "OK," and gone to visit. This aspect of the story is where it really goes beyond depraved cruelty to the parents into some nether world that is not sane. IMO. Did she really think she would not just go to jail? Did jail seem appealing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lupa
Back