MS MS - Bay St Louis, WhtFem 37-42, UP2841, no teeth, 'black lung', emphysema, chron bronchitis, May'98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think this is a typo.... 226 area code is Ontario.... 228 is Mississippi.
FYI...I was checking out the County website to look for an email address and its pretty bare bones....But I did see that there is a newly elected county coroner in Hancock as of a few weeks ago. for what its worth....

Agency Hancock Cnty Med Examiners Ofc
Phone 228-467-5101

See above, you are correct Ebbie! This is the Namus listing for Hancock Cnty ME above :) now we just need a volunteer to call them!

Agency Hancock Cnty Med Examiners Ofc
Phone 228-467-5101

See above, you are correct Ebbie! This is the Namus listing for Hancock Cnty ME above :) now we just need a volunteer to call them!

I couldn't find an email address, did you?

I would offer to volunteer but I feel much more comfortable taking my time to compose an email than talking on the phone. I usually forget half the things I want to say until after I've hung up!

I couldn't find an email address, did you?

I would offer to volunteer but I feel much more comfortable taking my time to compose an email than talking on the phone. I usually forget half the things I want to say until after I've hung up!

No I couldn't either otherwise I would have been more than happy to compose an email in fact I did compose and send one to the person listed as the case manager for this UID and that was the response I received. :(

Wonderful, Carl. Looking at them together, the two likenesses are very close. Thanks.

Patricia Kelley from Cleveland, Tn would be a good match. I am still trying to find out if she could have black lung. Says she has pierced ears but have yet to find a pic wear it looks like she does. The chin looks right.

TN TN - Patricia Louise Kelley, 25, Cleveland, 19 Aug 1983 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
I didn't see where it says she has pierced ears. I think the shape of the face is off a little. Kelley appears to have a very narrow jaw. Pictures of the Doe all show fuller cheeks and a wider jawline.

Having said that, some pieces do fit. Kelley has two children, and it was thought that she headed for Florida. It seems as though the family believes she left on her own accord because no missing persons report was filed. I think it will turn out to be the same for our JD. She might've had mental health issues that contributed to her leaving which grew more severe over the 15 years she was gone. She might also have worked in a coal related industry during that time. I'd like to find out more about her, but so far I haven't been able to find much information.

I didn't see where it says she has pierced ears. I think the shape of the face is off a little. Kelley appears to have a very narrow jaw. Pictures of the Doe all show fuller cheeks and a wider jawline.

Having said that, some pieces do fit. Kelley has two children, and it was thought that she headed for Florida. It seems as though the family believes she left on her own accord because no missing persons report was filed. I think it will turn out to be the same for our JD. She might've had mental health issues that contributed to her leaving which grew more severe over the 15 years she was gone. She might also have worked in a coal related industry during that time. I'd like to find out more about her, but so far I haven't been able to find much information.

Tugs at me. Sick, alone. Someone out there knows. I hope.

Just followed up on this case with the detective on Faye Selfs case. They are still looking at this possibility. No rule in or out as of yet.

This may have been mentioned, my parents are from the eastern part of Kentuncky my dad had black lung. I do know women that have black lung because of slate fields burning, or that they grew up around and open mine..Ky, WV and VA have some of the old mines and slate fields still burning. I will start some searching around the area where my parents grew up and wil post any info I find.

So my random theory for the day, make of it what you will:

I wonder if she wasn't homeless, but close to it, maybe living in a hotel or something where it wouldn't go too unnoticed if you just left and never came back.

I've done some limited work with homeless shelters. Usually if you live at a shelter there is a time you have to be in by if you want a bed. And you can't store anything there, so people will have a backpack or duffel or something they carry with them to/from the shelter. The shelters pass out personal care items sometimes too - hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc. She didn't have any of that with her. There are organizations that provide clothing and shoes, unless maybe she just preferred slippers.

I think maybe she was trying to hitch a ride with the car that hit her, but they didn't see her. But I don't think she was walking around in those slippers for a super long distance. Wouldn't you get blisters after a while? There is a greasy smudge noted on her foot, but no blisters.

So what if she's living in a hotel, or crashing on the couch of some casual aquaintance, and she needed to go to the hospital? Pick your reason, she seems to have had a lot of health issues. Maybe she got a ride (or hitched) to the hospital. She didn't have a hospital bracelet on though, but she could have cut it off. But throwing on sweats and slippers to go to the ER isn't that abnormal. Maybe she left before being seen if the wait was too long. She was coming from somewhere, or going to somewhere late at night, and probably not walking that long given her slippers, her overall health, and the condition of her feet. Where else would one go from/to at that time of night dressed like that? It's not exactly an area bustling with activity from what I can tell.

Last night, I had a thought on this Jane Doe under the most unusual of circumstances. You see, yesterday, I had my wisdom teeth removed. My husband picked up some KFC potatoes and gravy for me and I ate a good part of it. However, the anesthesia wasn't having any of that potatoes and gravy and (TMI alert) I threw up. It was ... a strange, brown liquid. My mind immediately went to this Jane Doe's stomach contents at time of death.
Further, when I was in high school, I worked at a KFC in a semi-scary neighborhood in downtown Reno. We had several regular customers who we knew to be homeless. I wonder if LE explored this option at the time Jane Doe was found. Obviously, there is little that can be done for this option now, but I definitely wonder.

Debbie Prosser was discussed on another thread and I think she had a comfortable upbringing. I can't imagine her with black lung as the sources of that disease for a woman are very limited.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3223dffl.html

Debbie Lynn Prosser
Missing Since: May 15, 1984
Last seen Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida
Age when went missing, 25 years
height difference 1 1/2 inches

grey eyes, brown hair
some facial resemblence

possible?

I do see a resemblance. It's a long shot though. Also, keep in mind that the photo was taken when she was about 16 or 17 (i.e., about 8 or 9 years before her disappearance).

I'm not sure which other online investigating sites I'm allowed to link to... but on one of them was copy-pasted a summary of an article of a pay-to-view article from the Miami Herald May 19, 1984 that indicated she disappeared after the murder of her boyfriend who owned a dive shop. I haven't found much else about the circumstances of her disappearance, but maybe she was avoiding arrest, or scared that she'd be killed if she was around to give evidence.

Interesting case! I agree with other posters that the black lung may be the key to piecing it together. One point I wanted to add: if she had not worn earrings in awhile, it may be that her piercings closed. If she was not prone to scarring or keloids, it's possible that there were no visible marks.

I never did hear anything back about Faye Self as a potential match.

I freaked out when I saw Sheri Swims mentioned as a possible in another thread.

She has a "bubble like" scar on her upper left arm, which could be a vaccination scar, as is described on the upper left arm of the UID. She had given birth at least once, with the UID having given birth at least 2 times. The UID had a ceasarean, and I think a hysterectomy at the same time, no mention of that with Sheri. The UID is listed as 5'3 1/2 which is possible for Sheri at around 5'6". Sheri is listed as having blonde hair with possible red highlights. There are pictures where her hair is light brown also, and I don't know which was her natural hair color, but it seems she could have died her hair this color. Sheri had upper dentures and lower partials, could easily have had no teeth by 1998 if she was living a difficult or transient lifestyle. Sheri went missing from Florida. The UID was wearing a shirt from Florida. Also, I checked, and Florida does have some carbon black plants, so possibly she could have spent time working at a place like that. I think her features are very similar to the victim, including the eyebrows and strong jaw. The only thing I can't get past is that Sheri supposedly had her ears pierced and the UID did not. I do think even if the holes closed, you would still notice the piercings, no? This is what has stopped me from attempting to pursue this further. What do y'all think? Does that kill this possibility?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kittycanfind
Back