Identified! MS - Biloxi, UnkSex/Race Adult, UP78458, Skeletal on Roof of Building, Sep'19 - Gary Lee White

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited:
+bump
can't find any news more recent than september, no information on ID or new information. Anyone from Mississippi know what the hold up could be or heard anything about this case?
Also, the "body" shape is still on the roof in Google satellite from 2020 so thats basically a confirmation that it wasn't actually the remains.

like to follow this case as it was one of the first 'tangents' i ever went on on websleuths :rolleyes:
as of March 2021, these remains are still unidentified and in NamUs. They have no ruleouts.
In the middle of 2020, the location where the body was found was turned into a crossfit studio (V&L Biloxi Crossfit). Check out that sexy brickwork :^) It's honestly a much bigger building than I thought it was. Bet the owners don't exactly flaunt the history of the building!
upload_2021-3-22_21-56-22.png

upload_2021-3-22_21-57-53.png

Getting back on track here, it looks like this case has stalled, no new movement in this case and I'm guessing DNA extraction wasn't done/didn't yield any results.

like to follow this case as it was one of the first 'tangents' i ever went on on websleuths :rolleyes:
as of March 2021, these remains are still unidentified and in NamUs. They have no ruleouts.
In the middle of 2020, the location where the body was found was turned into a crossfit studio (V&L Biloxi Crossfit). Check out that sexy brickwork :^) It's honestly a much bigger building than I thought it was. Bet the owners don't exactly flaunt the history of the building!
View attachment 289726

View attachment 289727

Getting back on track here, it looks like this case has stalled, no new movement in this case and I'm guessing DNA extraction wasn't done/didn't yield any results.

I think that is a historical building which is why the brick work is the way it is. Layers and layers of time. Frankly, it is lucky to be still standing given it's location and the many, many hurricanes and tropical storms it has weathered. We kind of treasure our old stuff down here. We also love a good ghost story or two and sometimes put our crazy on the front porch, so I bet they don't really care. Box gyms tend to like to keep the industrial look anyway.
The state crime lab is horrendously and notoriously backed up here which would account for a delay and I would think this one would be wayyyy on the back burner as far as priority is concerned. I would assume that they will take DNA. I would hope it would be standard by now.

View attachment 289726

View attachment 289727

From the interior photo that certainly doesn't look like a bright and cheerful workout place!

I think that is a historical building which is why the brick work is the way it is. Layers and layers of time. Frankly, it is lucky to be still standing given it's location and the many, many hurricanes and tropical storms it has weathered. We kind of treasure our old stuff down here. We also love a good ghost story or two and sometimes put our crazy on the front porch, so I bet they don't really care. Box gyms tend to like to keep the industrial look anyway.
The state crime lab is horrendously and notoriously backed up here which would account for a delay and I would think this one would be wayyyy on the back burner as far as priority is concerned. I would assume that they will take DNA. I would hope it would be standard by now.
haha, don't get me wrong, I genuinely think the brickwork is nice especially when I was going back and comparing it to how the building looked in 2019! glad it got a makeover. I genuinely think those big high windows are super cool.
upload_2019-9-30_17-32-0-png.207090

upload_2021-3-23_19-46-54.png

I am hoping that you're correct, and there is just a delay at the labs and this case will still get dealt with eventually.

Wonderful work! Great to see him get his name back.

Investigative leads were passed back to law enforcement and an additional investigation by Biloxi investigators confirmed that the identity of the unknown man, found on the roof, was Gary Lee White, from Jackson, Mississippi. He was born August 29th, 1952. At the time of his discovery in 2019, he would have been 67 years old.

The cause of death remains unclear, and an investigation continues into the circumstances of his death.

1658323755039.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back