MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Batesville Fire Dept facebook page someone is asking about a fire that took place Dec 6 on Carlisle St

Classito

Good catch, Classito!

The Google summary which I just now found says: "...Could you please tell me about a fire reported Dec 6, 2014 at this a...ddress *** Carlisle Rd, Courtland, MS thanks am seeking info..."

That puts the fire on Jessica's neighborhood, just up the street from the "totally unobservant M&M" characters....But it would also mean that the CVFD had more than a mile to travel from Carlisle Rd to Herron murder scene. They would have needed to return to 358 Main St., RR tracks, then south onto Herron etc.. The distance would have been closer to three miles and would have taken more than four minutes.

I don't know either, but surely there is a way. The phone company I use has a record of every phone call made on our household's cell phones, including numbers, date, time, and duration on our monthly bills. It would not be too much of a stretch to see such a capability extended to actually listen in on select calls. Any cellular employees who could confirm or deny "wireless" wire taps are indeed possible?

I remember back in the early days of analog cell phones, it was possible to have your conversations overheard on a nearby scanner. That went away with the digital age, but not to say it would not still be possible at a cell tower, switching station, or similar facility.

Awaiting input from the telecom experts out there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingray_phone_tracker

I would be shocked if the feds didn't have some type of stingray equipment, and would not be at all surprised if it was already being used in the area prior to Jessica's murder, since we know some federal LE agents were already in the area, allegedly working on something else perhaps related to a larger area terrorist threat. JMO

Interest 3 and 4 emphasized by me...I believe there was two crime scenes...the first being close by the second...

It would appear that a lot of 'events' in the area are not being reported by the Panolian...or...If they are..you have to be a subscriber to read the news...

Classito

Sadly, I am a subscriber and The Panolian is not a NEWSpaper in the traditional sense. Lots of things don't get reported in there, the editors or owners or whoever is in charge, frequently put in personal stuff, apologies for not vetting info before publishing, getting a local school principal's race incorrect for example. It's more like a newsletter than a newspaper. LOTS of things most people would consider of local interest don't make it into the paper. It is definitely geared towards local school activities and there's nothing wrong with that, but if you're looking for news, dat ain't da place. Lots of religious stuff, although it's not a christian paper, one might think it is given some of the personal articles.

I, for one, think Champion's totally bluffing about the cell phone's lack of data during approximately 6:30pm-7:30pm. I think the reason for that is the non-bluff: that if they can determine who she was with during that block of time, they have their answer as to who's behind this.

A total lack of data would suggest something in itself - possibly that Jessica's cell phone was turned OFF.

The sudden ping - or whatever "technology" (notice this is purposefully vague, LE has never said "phone") - at 7:31pm on the scene is wacky. I haven't physically gone there myself and tested reception or anything like that, but why Jessica's phone would suddenly work at that spot along Herron Road and not anywhere leading up to that spot when she supposedly ended a call with her mother 17 minutes before 7:31pm doesn't add up if you ask me.

FBI's still in on this? US Marshalls? It's not like Panola County isn't using some of the best resources out there for this advantage.

For goodness's sake. It's amazing to me that people are just accepting that they can't happen to get any information from Jessica's phone or her whereabouts during this one strategically timed hour while they discovered a whole lot else about her movements that day.

So yes. That's my opinion on this matter, and I believe it fills in the blanks that we are all scratching our heads about in relation to the timeline vs. the phone call.

Wow most!of that has never happened to me. I do have trouble with text messages. My husband has texted me at 6:30 @ night and text comes through @ 1:30 PM the next day??? We know if we don't get a response from a text within min, to call. I have never not had a call I made on a bill. Could that be from the other persons phone being encrypted?

eta: encryption: I wouldn't think so since the tie my Dr. died that call was from his partner, other missed calls either from me or to me involved DH, my sister, my FIL, my Mom (sitting right next to me in the car for a test, lol), my Dad, a friend... not all of these calls were cell to cell, either. :/ Like you and your husband, we have implemented the same thing: if you don't hear from me (or I, you) within a certain time frame CALL AGAIN. I have found that if we hit # after leaving a msg, we can OPT 2 to mark it 'urgent' and those seem to go through immediately. It's a PITA.

It's really frustrating. This happens to me, my DH, my Mom in another state... Verizon has never had an answer for me, I check forums, other peeps have the same issues, but it doesn't appear to be widespread. It's awkward when you tell someone why the train is late (my Dad picking me up at station) that I DID call him and left a message, but when I go to show him on my phone, the calls aren't there. Luckily, in one instance I had called his landline so my message was there.

Argh. I just wondered what happens in those cases when there's no record or message showing up for two weeks (sometimes just a few days), 22 days is the record so far. Is the call logged in at Verizon HQ (lol, whatever it's called) or out in the crab nebula shooting around? What if it was needed for legal purposes and I couldn't produce a record?

What if something like this was happening with Jessica's phone.

Not to mention how lame it sounds when you tell someone 1) I never got your message, or 2) I swear I called and left you a message!

Grrr.

As for the perp(s) and his/her/their psychological condition: Total. Mess. And almost definitely a user of some chemical substances.

This is my opinion, and I am basing it on what I know + understand about drug use + psychotropic meds, etc. myself.

I do think the perp(s) had a legitimate (from their perspective) reason to dislike or hate Jessica, or at least see her as a problem. I think that reason was personal in nature. I think that, if the perp(s) was/were mentally stable or emotionally healthy, a confrontation of any sort with Jessica about whatever the issue was would've been more of a verbal argument, probably an ugly yelling match.

To push this further - even assuming the perp was NOT all that stable or emotionally secure, he/she/they might've hit or pushed her, made the fight more physical, but not in such a specific + pre-meditated way.

Someone who is capable of doing something so extreme + violent as dousing her with flammable liquid + setting her alight is, in some capacity, very desensitized. Some of this may be due to mental illness, but I think this behavior is much more likely when a person has been dependent on drugs and is maybe trying to quit or break an addiction, or going through some sort of withdrawal. Or, the person could be under the influence of a drug to "override" any natural feelings of fear or shame or empathy. I just know that the irrational, horrifying behavior that sometimes occurs while a person is still in the clutches of a drug addiction or dependency can't be properly understood by a sober, socially well-adjusted human being.

While I don't believe the motive for killing Jessica was over an exchange of drugs, I do think drugs indirectly played a role in her murder, and they are possibly playing a direct role in the apparent calmness + normalcy (on the surface) of the guilty party going through the motions of daily life in Panola County ever since.

"...transported to the crime scene from another location"

sort of implies that:
  • Jessica arrived at the murder scene precisely at 7:31 pm, remained there until approximately 7:59* pm, and then was set afire. But 28 mins between 7:31 and 7:59 seem like a lot of time for a perpetrator to be hanging around before he torches his victim; or
  • Jessica arrived at the murder scene precisely at 7:31 pm, then left, and was brought back shortly before 7:59 pm*

Neither possibility is improbable.

However the second one seems more logical: it would conform better to the 28 minute period, and would mean that the perpetrator's presence would not need to be explained for being with his victim as long as the first scenario implies.

With regard to the particulars about the House Fire...I did a quick social media search for conversations but haven't come up with anything yet.

*Note: the time 7:59 pm is speculation; it allows for a 10 min period before the passing motorist calls in 911 at 8:09 pm, and allows for the 14 mins before CVFD arrives upon the scene.

Just because Jessica was on the scene at 7:31pm, doesn't mean that anyone else was there (yet)... if she was waiting there to meet someone, perhaps the other party didn't arrive for another 15, 20, 25 minutes....? It does help to know J was there at 7:31pm, though, because the window between that time + the not-long-after-8:00pm 911 call + arrival of first responders is that much narrower.

Just because Jessica was on the scene at 7:31pm, doesn't mean that anyone else was there (yet)... if she was waiting there to meet someone, perhaps the other party didn't arrive for another 15, 20, 25 minutes....? It does help to know J was there at 7:31pm, though, because the window between that time + the not-long-after-8:00pm 911 call + arrival of first responders is that much narrower.

I would be hard pressed to remain quietly waiting upon someone for 15 to 25 mins unless that wait was very worthwhile. The sudden introduction of a wailing fire truck 5,280 feet from my location would immediately alert my curiosity. Now...if the person I was waiting upon seemed more exciting than the fire, I might be coaxed into waiting but....SHE would be why I am a :partyguy:

Good catch, Classito!

The Google summary which I just now found says: "...Could you please tell me about a fire reported Dec 6, 2014 at this a...ddress *** Carlisle Rd, Courtland, MS thanks am seeking info..."

That puts the fire on Jessica's neighborhood, just up the street from the "totally unobservant M&M" characters....But it would also mean that the CVFD had more than a mile to travel from Carlisle Rd to Herron murder scene. They would have needed to return to 358 Main St., RR tracks, then south onto Herron etc.. The distance would have been closer to three miles and would have taken more than four minutes.

7 minutes according to google maps...It was reported they were 'cleaning up' after a fire...Some of the firemen may have already left the scene when the call came in and on their way back to the station...

Classito

In considering the location of the scene...the color of the car was black...it was night time...I imagine it was not easy to see much of anything in passing...and it was not uncommon for people to be seen parked there so it rose no suspicion...With all that...It could be the person or persons did not worry about being noticed there so time was not a threat...

Classito

Significance of 7:31 Herron Road i.e . possibilities:

standing appointment*=not first time at the rodeo

*jealous significant other(with the help of at least one other person) found out about the clandestine meetings or orchestrated a faux rendezvous lured Jessica & was there instead(element of surprise/ambush)
:cow:

Does anyone have info on the house fire, like was it intentional or not? It's very hard keeping up with this case so pardon my questions if they are off base. Who carries around lighter fluid in their pocket? I find both of the car seats reclining to be important. Also, it rings true to me that she may have been trying to "help" someone and that someone was high that night, then very angry over something said in that car. I'm amazed at the help (MBI, ATF, US Attorney's office, etc.). Wish they had help like this for the Dermond case in Georgia. Sad world, Jessica looked like a sweet soul.

If going with the 'lover' scenario....It could also be Jessica was going to let the cat out of the bag to the wife or gf....

Classito

I just wanted to chime in here while we are on the discussion of who/why... I have read lots of possibilities being thrown out by you guys here that could very well be correct... I have one more to throw in there for good measure. Not that I am taking everything that JC's mother has said as being factual or relevant, I can't ignore the fact that JC's paranoia immediately before her death was due to people thinking that she was a 'snitch' or because she had in fact allegedly 'snitched' on someone. Coincidentally, now that JC has been murdered, nobody is coming forward with any information, presumably as they are afraid of 'snitching' or being labeled a 'snitch'. This is just another who/why scenario to toss around... who would be concerned that she had snitched, and what were they alleging she had snitched about? Further, she used the term 'bitc**s', plural, which I took to mean more than one person was after her or threatening her for the alleged snitching. So, did more than one person allegedly get 'snitched' on, or were there others who were threatening JC on the behalf of one single person, who JC had allegedly snitched on? This all being said, it might be worth looking into people who were recently arrested/indicted/convicted of a crime, immediately prior to JC's death or immediately prior to JC's stay at LH. Just a thought, MOO, but it is a huge coincidence to me that JC's (justified) paranoia was attributed to being accused of snitching, and now nobody will talk to LE (aka snitch). Further coincidence, IMO, what better way to advertise that you are serious about disapproving of someone (JC in this instance) talking about you (snitching), other than pouring accelerant down her throat, and setting her on fire?

If going with the 'lover' scenario....It could also be Jessica was going to let the cat out of the bag to the wife or gf....

Classito
My Theory Only
Perhaps Jessica was in 'over her head' with her paramour.She told CW (or another confidant). Then it hit the rumor mill.The paramour was furious Jessica had told of their assignations. There was a confrontation launched at Jessica from either the significant other or the paramour. She was threatened. From this point on we have discussed the possibilities ad nauseam.

My theory only

:cow:

Exactly what I have been thinking. Sorry meant to reply to southernyankee's post above. Still learning....lol

I think it is bigger than that...I just don't see all the Federal departmets being involved, FBI putting up reward money, and posting billboards across 3-4 states for a local murder...I just don't see it...

Classito

:
  • Jessica arrived at the murder scene precisely at 7:31 pm, remained there until approximately 7:59* pm, and then was set afire. But 28 mins between 7:31 and 7:59 seem like a lot of time for a perpetrator to be hanging around before he torches his victim; or
  • Jessica arrived at the murder scene precisely at 7:31 pm, then left, and was brought back shortly before 7:59 pm*

My personal speculation is that Jessica was there at 7:31 (and did not leave), but the perp arrived some time later in a second car. What I'm undecided on is whether the fire was pre-planned. If so, they intentionally brought the flammable liquid with them - if not, then it's something they just happened to have with them. The latter would greatly increase the odds that the perp was driving a truck or possibly a van (most people don't normally keep a gas can or the like in their car, but might in a truck.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke